Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: what makes finalfantasy 6 better than others?

For no matter what, FF6 is being made for the GBA, and I for one, can't wait...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    The characters (believeable and FAR more emo than Cloud could ever be)
    God, enough with the emo references already. Do people even know what emo is anymore?
    Figaro Castle

It needs no reason, it's existance is reason enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    The characters (believeable and FAR more emo than Cloud could ever be)
    God, enough with the emo references already. Do people even know what emo is anymore?
    That word is over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by tenhitcombo
    i cant appreciate this game for it fails in terms of graphics and gameplay maybe if i had played this game 10 years ago it would have been great[/b]
    It doesn't fail in terms of graphics and gameplay just because it's old.

I don't know about you, but I would rather play Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES than Super Mario Sunshine anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma
    Quote Originally Posted by tenhitcombo
    i cant appreciate this game for it fails in terms of graphics and gameplay maybe if i had played this game 10 years ago it would have been great[/b]
    It doesn't fail in terms of graphics and gameplay just because it's old.

I don't know about you, but I would rather play Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES than Super Mario Sunshine anyday.
    I agree.
    Graphics seem to blind people from the actual gameplay or other key factors.

the psx version has too much loading which just makes it to tireing to play,
    the combat is slow and well yer i rekon the story was kinda boring,
    a clown who wants to destroy everything for no reason and a well yer the graphics put me off and the music sounds old school, i may have appreciated this game becauseif i had played it ten years ago

and oh for gameboy advance it may be cool
    but not on a ps2

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The GBA will have the same graphics as the SNES and PSX versions.

Yes, the PS load times were pretty bad. You may wanna try playing a rom of the SNES version, but you seem extremely biased towards the graphics so I wouldnt waste my time if I were you, but again you're going to be missing out on so many great games.

A clown who wants to destroy everything for no reason... what? Not your kind of villian, is that what you mean? Let me say I vastly prefered him to the whiney mama's boy Seph, but that's just me. We're all entitled to our own thoughts on the subject.

The combat, by the way, is pretty much the exact same as VII, just with less easily used Limit Breaks (Desperation Attacks) and no materia.

can u see your enemys health on ff6?
    kefka a little clown who dosnt look like a clown better than sepiroth>?no way but than again thats my opinion

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yes, it's called scan.

He isnt a clown, that's just as people dub him because of his make up. He's a man, the right hand of the Emporer, who was experimented on and snapped. Now he's completly psychotic.

ok i may find the snes version or wait for it on gameboy...yes gameboy cause wen u play this on a big screen the graphics are really bad

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How exactly are they bad? They were top-notch at the time, the best graphics of the SNES FFs. So, what's the problem?

thats right at the TIME!now its 2006 and this game suks for a guy who has never played it and picks it up now after playing ff10 and re4

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Excuse me, but WTF? Yes, at the time they were great, that's how you're supposed to measure graphics. If you compared graphics from older game to today, of course they wouldn't be as good. The graphics of today's games are going to pale in comparison to games in the future, are you going to do the same thing then?

Well, maybe FFVI doesn't want someone like you to play it. You don't deserve it. FFVI doesn't need you!

The graphics of today's games are going to pale in comparison to games in the future, are you going to do the same thing then? NO i wont because i would have played finalfantasy 10 when it shined.
    compared to a guy who hasnt played it now(when it shined)and plays it 20 years later of course he will probaly think it suks, but for me it would be a classic in my mind because i played it when it shined

Cute! You're ignorant. I like you. ^^
    I'm about 99% sure that if you were born at the time of this coming out on SNES you would be about as baised as you are now, seeing as you grew up with the graphics of the future!
    Since we all know that this world of 2006 is based merely off graphics and the fact that the censorship on things and the ability to expand the idea's onto a bigger console. You have to look at the fact, in 1994 the capabilities of the SNES were different then the highteched software they use to make games now. Even the way storylines are scripted now have changed. Nothings that amped down verbally unless it's aimed for children, but back then, it wasn't aimed at children. (Don't bash guys, I <3 the storyline. I grew up with this game. <3<3<3)

You have to realize that if ff6 never came out, but came out this year with the same story line, different graphics, and maybe an amped up script you probally would actually like it.. of course that would knock ff7 back to the old horrid graphics and make ff6 ff12.. but.. that's not the point. Point is... Yeah, you keep saying the time is now. Alot of the 'newer' Final fantasy games have used as many stereotypical things from the classics, being 1, 4, 6.... for that reason, THAT IS WHY FF6 is a classic.
    Now not to be a wench about this.. But I rememeber when ffX came out and everyone was all "oooooh Grahpics" and not "ooooo Storyline".. If I want to sit through something visually pleaseing... Please guys, just start making Cg movies instead of games, because that is what these games are turning into, One long movie.

-Avarice.