Thread: That man is lying

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default That man is lying

I'm playing Chrono Trigger and I'm doing that sidequest for Lucca where I collect the moonstone and charging it with sunlight for aeons, the thing is when I make it back to the Present I find the mayor's house on the southside sparkling, but when I ask him he says he never heard of it, I know he's lying his house is sparkling and no one else in the house said anything about it, he was the one to mention so he must have it! ....But how do I take it?

Yellow Winged Angel

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Give the wife the jerky for free I believe. When he sees your generosity he wil give it to you. I think but am not sure. YOu get the jerky from the chef at the castle.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I just bought some jerky in the Present from sone dhop for 9999 and gave it to Marle's dad, did I screw up?

Yellow Winged Angel

lol you're supposed to give the jerky to the mayors wife in the middle ages, she's so overcome by your generosity that she teaches her kids to be better people and thus the Mayor in the presents disposition will change and he will give you the stone saying he found it but you can have it...

Don't worry you can always buy more jerkey, it's just really expensive.

This is one of the things that make this game so incredibly awesome. There is just such an insane amount of sidequests that can change so much. You can regrow a forest, change people's personalities, rebuild and ancient ruin, rescue a kingdom... So many optional missions, which some people may never discover, and which actually change the game world. The manipulation of time has consequences (not all good, as you find when you cause the creation of a judicial process in the past and get arrested in the future ), and you get to see those consequences.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

You must change the past to make the future right! Gogogogo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that''s some pretty good observation noticing that the guy is lying, there is only a massive beacon of light emanating from his house.

Sephiro this here.

Me? a princess? HA!! Sarah Shirato's Avatar

I can tell how you can do that. First buy the jerky in Porre's snail shop and travel in the year 600 A.D., give to Mayor's wife and she will teach her kids genority and then travel back to present (Of 1000 A.D.) and He'll give you the stone.
    :mog:
    I'm working on some projects that involes FF6.

Banned

You could buy the Jerky and sell it to his family for 99+ times to break even/make a profit.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Note that in 600 AD, you're given choices to sell the jerky and to give it for free. You need to give it for free to turn the mayor in 1000 AD into a very generous person.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    This is one of the things that make this game so incredibly awesome. There is just such an insane amount of sidequests that can change so much. You can regrow a forest, change people's personalities, rebuild and ancient ruin, rescue a kingdom... So many optional missions, which some people may never discover, and which actually change the game world. The manipulation of time has consequences (not all good, as you find when you cause the creation of a judicial process in the past and get arrested in the future ), and you get to see those consequences.
    Agreed. I really liked the side quests in the game.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi