4 9.52%
  • I heard about / saw Quidditch yet never played it, but I like Blitz better

8 19.05%
  • Blitz rules!!

22 52.38%
  • Quidditch is better

8 19.05%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quidditch vs Blitzball (w/ poll)

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like either of them, but I absolutely hate Blitzball, so I'll say Quidditch. Blitzball was the most boring thing ever.
    --Box Box Box Box

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz'
    I choose Quidditch because I like the rules better, I never played the game but I always read the books and I like it better.
    Are you kidding ? The Quidditch rules s*ck big time!!! The snitch rule is what spoils the game IMHO. It may make reading about it fun since Potter always catches it and gets a victory for his team that is being pawned but it makes for a very annoying game play.

Play it and you will see what I mean

You may be wining by 500 point's and the darn game never ends until someone catches the golden snitch ball. I almost threw my wireless controler out the window!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

The rules arent that bad, own them for some large amount of points, then, then just keep passing the ball and stuff until the snitch meter crosses the screen

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aurons Ghost
    The rules arent that bad, own them for some large amount of points, then, then just keep passing the ball and stuff until the snitch meter crosses the screen
    Yes that is what I do but that is sooo annoying!!!

I want to move on and get more cards, not keep on beating a dead horse team!

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    Yes that is what I do but that is sooo annoying!!!

I want to move on and get more cards, not keep on beating a dead horse team!
    Those damned cards!!!! that is what made quidditch boring. doing the same thing to get the card for each team!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aurons Ghost
    Those damned cards!!!! that is what made quidditch boring. doing the same thing to get the card for each team!!
    Not really. In blitz you have to play a lot to get Wakka's reels and no one seems to mind because the playing each match is enjoyable, while the quidditch matches get old fast.

IMHO this is due to having to wait for the darn snitch and to not having the players evolve from match to match...

Yes, that's what I meant. Blitzball evolved as you played, one strategy at the start may be different to a strategy hundreds of games later...

Quidditch however was static. The only rewards was cards, but tbh, winning the world cup with england took long enough to make me not bother ever playing it again... all for one card!!

I prefer Qudditch. I found it more entertaining then Blitz, blitz just annoyed me.
    Plus Im a huge Potter fangirl.

I noticed. Anyway, if blitz could be modified so some rules were introduced, gameplay speeded up, and maybe made into something like Pro Evo, then Quidditch is out the window. Waiting to catch the snitch can really tick you off.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

I've played both, and they both sucked. If I had to choose, I would say Blitz Ball... only because Harry Potter is lame. Though, Tidus is a whiny wuss, so I guess I just can't pick. Is there a spot on the vote for, "I just don't care" or "They both suck, bad."?

Thank you Spiffing Cheese for the signature!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The whiny thing worked for me. I just love a sensitive guy!

Besides, during the game you see the whining going away, as Tidus grows up right before our eyes. Compare his whining when Auron told him that Jecht was Sin in the beginning, to no whining, just acceptance when Bahamut's fayth told him that to kill Sin Tidus would have to die.

Blitzball is my favorite side quest game!

Uhmm... I hate whiny guys, I mean, I like it when the can stand up for themselves... also, I decided to quit the game early and give it to my nerdy sister. :P

Thank you Spiffing Cheese for the signature!!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quidditch (in say the harry potter movie) was absalutely breathtaking.

Blitzball (the FMV) was nice to.

but rule wise, I go for quidditch.

One flaw I hate, notice I didn't say not like, hate about bliztball was that if I guy threw a ball and you didn't catch it, some guy way on the other side of the field could get it.

I like Blitzball better than Quidditch!
    Sora, Goofy, Donald and YRP of Gullwings KH2 like Crash Nebula, Lucia the Princess Of Blue Star and Sonic The Hedgehog.

[leeza]Limit must be 250 pixels, and 50kb, by Lucia Of The Blue Star.[/leeza]