Thread: Satanism

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Default Satanism

What are your thoughts on Satanism? In particular i'd like to hear from Christians. I'll add my thoughts later.

I know nothing about it, but I do know that it doesn't really mean worshiping Satan. People deserve the right to believe whatever the hell they want without being persecuted by some angry idiot christian who think it's okay to use the bible to justify his hate.

Banned

A lot of the beliefs of modern satanists seem rather healthy to me.

I've been on the Church Of Satan website loads of times, and they believe Satan is more a belief than an actual person. It's pretty logical stuff.
    Live long, and prosper.

I enjoy the fact that when I saw this there was 666 threads in EotW. lol
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

Rofl, that was the first thing I noticed too. "666 threads"...."Satanism". Good times.

Originality is good, kids.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

This WAS the 666th thread in EoTW. :} I do believe they have some good ideas, but also lack a bit of restraint. I'll elaborate more later.

*edit* Damn, someone noticed the 666 before me.

.opt

satanism is a very logical religion when you read about it for the first time. basically, its self-workshiping, a cult to egocentrism with a sense of responsability. BUT as you read further and further you'll find that it is actually kind of, dare i say, silly.

Yeah, Satanism is very self worshiping, and very opposed to confomaty. Glutonous and immoral in Christain eyes. Now I know that there are indeed a lot of Christains whom do not follow the teachings of Christ very well, but that is beside the point.

From what I have read on Satanism, is the worship of a Devil like creature is mainly a symbolic manifestation of the inner primative feelings of yourself. Sex, Murder, Lust, Hate, Greed, Pain, etc. The symbol of Satan is not supposed to exact a diety, but represent oneself.

My personal feelings of the religon? I have no love for it. They do have enduring practices that offer spiritual advancement and some include self injury or pain endurance (according to a show I watched on the histroy channel just a few months ago). It seems very odd, and seems like a way for one to lead themselves into a very dark spiritual life.

Now, I have only read a little on the religon, and have watched a few documenteries, so I am no real expert. I simply have enough to form my surface opinion, and it just seemed really dark. Though there is no Satan Diety, it would seem as though the spirit of the biblically described Satan is very much alive in the religon.

I also have read that Satan was hebrew for "Opposer" but I belive that War Angel had corrected me on that, but now I forget what it meant *kicks self*

Of course, any corrections are welcome, but I think my facts are fairly solid, from what I have watched/read.
    Bipper

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The basic premise is "an eye for an eye" rather than "turn the other cheek." Seems fine to me.

Actually, Santanism would rather have you excersize your anger on metephroical objects. Like a picture, or somthing that reminded you of your oponent. Some differ from focusing your though energy to pasting the pic on a punching bag and having at.

This really does nothing but builds more rage. Excersing rage is like excersizing a mussle, it will just grow stronger, until you over burdened by it.

An eye for an eye is rarely just. As we often see, revenge has a tendancy to be taken too far. It takes an extremly unbiased point of view, to exact revenge or even judge correctly. At least, that is my view. So why not let God be the judge eh?

Bipper

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like it when the little goth kids are like "omg I am satanist" and I laugh.

I think that Anton LaVey's "The Satanic Bible" has some bright commentary on how human beings work, and on how we should work. I think it's kind of silly to call it Satanism, though. Why can you just call is self worship...ism?

It's just another theological text to be examined and then judged from person to person.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    Actually, Santanism would rather have you excersize your anger on metephroical objects. Like a picture, or somthing that reminded you of your oponent. Some differ from focusing your though energy to pasting the pic on a punching bag and having at.

This really does nothing but builds more rage. Excersing rage is like excersizing a mussle, it will just grow stronger, until you over burdened by it.

An eye for an eye is rarely just. As we often see, revenge has a tendancy to be taken too far. It takes an extremly unbiased point of view, to exact revenge or even judge correctly. At least, that is my view. So why not let God be the judge eh?

Bipper
    Really? That's not how it was when I studied it. I specifically remember reading "an eye for an eye." I only studied it briefly for a class though.

i think satanism suck because all the people who do it i bet u if satan showed up they would s*&$t a brick and he wouldnt be to friendly.....

"when u tell people your dreams and visions they'll laugh and think your stupid,but if u hold on to them in the end you will be laughing and theyll be stupid"

thanks to FF7+FF10 gurl 100 for this great sig...