Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: which one is cooler dark knight cecil or paladin cecil

Default which one is cooler dark knight cecil or paladin cecil

i think dark knight cecil is so much cooler but thats my thought whats yours?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like Paladin better because a Knight that can cast white magic has always been my favorite type of character.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Dark Knight Cecil, because Paladin Cecil doesn't look exactly like he'd be naturally attracted to Rosa.

Paladin, because he reminds me of the Knight character from FFI, which is my favorite. Also, the White Magic was handy sometimes.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Paladin. Cause I used to many times his ability to loose health and killed him that way in the Dark Knight version. And it's always handy to have a second healer in your party. That's why I liked it.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

I dont know y but I like dark knight cecil
    Don't be afraid of shadows, it only means there is light shining somewhere behind...

Dark knight. The paladin's white magic wasn't very useful to me because I had Rosa for white magic and before Rosa, I had Porom. His white magic leveled up to about the same level as Kid Rydia's would and then just stopped. Besides, the dark knight looked cooler.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Paladin Cecil can actually damage the undead, looks heroic, and has a special ability that doesn't sap an eighth of his HP every time it's used.

Dark Knight Cecil is cooler, but Paladin Cecil is better.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I think the only reason they didn't give Dark Knight Cecil cool abilities is because you're supposed to get rid of him relatively early on in the game. Yes, I know you can take him up to level 99 and he won't gain anything new. That's not my point :P

I'm sure that if he were meant to be with your party in the final battle as a Dark Knight, or even if it were meant to be an option, they'd have given him something better. Dark Knight Cecil sucks by design, not by nature. Just look at Dark Knights in FFXI.

The reason I don't like Paladin Cecil as much is because he's more of a boyscout once he gets purple hair.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Cecil's personality didn't change at all once he became a Paladin except that he didn't have to feel guilty about being a Dark Knight anymore. And however useful Dark Knights are in other games is irrelevant to how useless they are in FFIV.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like Paladin Cecil. Holy knights are just... my thing. Sure, I would have had the Dark Ability over Cover or white magic, but I deal with it. Besides, Cecil HAD to become a Paladin to defeat Zeromus any way.

I personally like the Cecil before you can control him when he fights on his ship, I mean that bolt attack would have been very useful, why did they have him use abilities he never had, that annoyed me...

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    I personally like the Cecil before you can control him when he fights on his ship, I mean that bolt attack would have been very useful, why did they have him use abilities he never had, that annoyed me...

THE JACKEL
    That wasn't an ability; that was an item that existed in the Japanese version. The lightning equivalent of a Firebomb, which exists in the US version and you can win from Red Dragons in the lunar core.

Anyway.

I think Paladin Cecil is cooler. He looks more heroic and more powerful. Dark Knight Cecil just looks like some knight. As a Paladin, he looks like a legendary warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Dark Knight Cecil is cooler, but Paladin Cecil is better.
    Good point.

Dark Knight looks cooler, and probably is cooler (especially because Paladin looks like a damn hippie), but Paladin is definitely better. Not for his magic, which I don't like because he doesn't have much magic power, and not just for his much better attack power or his Cover ability, but all-around. Plus, the Paladin in and of itself is better than a dark knight. Who could go on a quest against evil being led by a dark knight?