Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memories.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    I was in preschool on St. Patricks Day and everyone was sitting down eating lots of candy. I started to look out the window for a while and then shouted, "Hey! Theres a leprachaun!". Then everybody ran to the windows to look and I ate their candy
    that is soooo cute! xD *huggles*

my earliest memory was when i was about 2 and i had was visiting my nan. my younger brother had just been born. i think i was poking him or something....plus my nan had these original action men we used to play with! we pulled his arms off xD

Trust No one

Banned

Certainly not my earliest memory, but one of my best was my Junior Prom.

I was out under the stars, and the night was beautiful. A little cold, but not really enough to be uncomfortable, and I was wearing enough that I felt warm enough anyway. Somebody'd brung some Jack Daniels, and I had a nip of it in me--not enough to start fuzzing my thoughts, but a nip of Jack Daniels every now and then is a nice thing.

The night was as clear as a night can get, the starts so close that it seemed if I could find a long enough pole I could knock a few of 'em out of the sky, and the full moon hung over the water, with its reflection so clear that it was almost hard to tell which was real until a fish jumped or a breeze rippled one of the images, and the night was perfumed with the smell of fresh-cut grass.

I had a good time. I was confident, I was calm... I was even smooth, if I say so myself. Never worried once about how I would take it if I asked someone to dance and she said no, didn't feel any need to count who I talked to or danced with, or try to get into conversations to prove to myself I was having a good time. No fear, no disappointment, no nervousness... I didn't feel a bit of anxiety, never once thought "aw, hell, I shouldn't have bothered".

I didn't go to my Junior Prom. I spent that weekend fishing.

My first memory was of when I was around 2 years old. I was being dropped off at a family friend's house because both of my parents were working. Parents left, soon after everyone else left. Leaving me alone for several hours still in my clothing. Since this was in a trailor in the middle of summer, the temperature in the trailor must have been over 90 degrees F. This was a year when there was a heat wave going on. I couldn't go outside, I couldn't take my clothes off, I couldn't get something to drink, I was left alone. I was found around five hours later still inside that trailor crying. Thankfully, I do have some good memories of my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by louby_4eva
    I remember quite a lot from when I was younger but I'm only 16, I've wrote everything in my diary for the past five years, because I really don't want to forget stuff.
    Me too, except its only been two rather than five years
    It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair.
    Let me be your liberator.

Clearest memory? Honestly? You may not want to hear it.

(SPOILER)We were living in a crappy apartment complex when I was six. My brother and I were obsessed with fire. He went upstairs and grabbed my mom's lighter (she was asleep) and threw it down to me.
    We experimented with all sorts of materials until we lit the leather couch on fire. It didn't melt or fade away. It just grew and kept at it.
    I knew that water was something that did away with the flames, so I ran and got a couple of cups from the kitchen cabinets (always been good at climbing). The bathroom was right next to the kitchen which was right next to the dining room which was where the couch was.
    We kept splashing the fire with the water. In my panic, I may have missed quite a lot. My brother was young, so in his panic, he probably didn't even throw the water onto the fire.
    We realized that we wouldn't be able to put the fire out, so we ran upstairs to get my mom. She didn't want to wake up. She felt the heat and smelt the smoke and shot up out of bed and started panicking.
    She told us to go downstairs and get outside. I got down on my belly beneath the smoke so that I could breathe. It didn't actually help much.
    Somehow, the front door of the apartment had been opened. I don't know if I opened it when I got there or someone had opened it from the outside to help us get out or if my mom had ran downstairs to open before telling us to get out.
    Outside, I sat on the limited amount of grass that was in front of a neighbor's apartment. Many neighbors were gathered there and my mom was still panicked that she'd gotten outside.
    Someone said "Listen!" I could hear my brother's voice crying out. Someone said later that he was crying, "Mommy!" A courageous neighbor got watered down and charged into the apartment. The fire had already torn through the place, so his feet were instantly burned the second he set foot on the stairs.
    It was pitch black inside as the smoke came from many different materials. He came rushing out and got watered down again. I don't remember much after that except being wheeled away on a stretcher and my mom was trying to throw away her purse (in her panic, it's what she saved), and I kept trying to restrain her.
    I remember being in the ambulance, but I must've fallen asleep there because next I knew I had tubes up my nose and I was in a chilly, dim room. I had woke up in the hospital. I think we stayed there the whole night before we were deemed healthy enough to leave. I remember my mom grabbing onto my dad as she cried over the death of my brother. I knew what had happened. I was just glad we didn't all die.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-09-2005 at 06:39 AM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I also remember eating so much chocolate cake when I was 5 and throwing up lots! Damn you Ben Ward!!! He laughed at me

I also remember me and my sis (boris no no) talking in our made up language when we were very young.
    Kagga
    Here I am to save the day!

I vaguely remember one thing of my childhood, that is getting stuck between a fridge and a cooker in my kitchen when I was three I think
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything