View Poll Results: See the main thread.Answer the best hypothese of these.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • From 1000 to 1500 of course

1 20.00%
  • From 500 to 1500

2 40.00%
  • From 500 to 2500

1 20.00%
  • From 1000 to 2000

0 0%
  • From 500 to 2000

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a direct question from the game.

Default Not a direct question from the game.

I made some thinking yesterday at night.And I reached to an interesting conclusion.I never thought of it this way before.Itīs fantastic.This is not obvious.I ask you to make some thinking.(It donīt take much time).Squaresoft is a genious.
    The question is too big to put on the poll title.
    Here is the question:

Letīs suppose a sorceress decides to perform the time compression magic on the year 1000.The time compression range is from 500 to 2000.She then decides to stop time compression at the year 1500(i.e. 500 years has passed in a referencial common to all eras so 1500 is the time in the referencial of the present in 1000).
    So,the world is at the brink of time compression in the range?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i voted for 500 to 2000 tell emif im right in spoiler tags so people who look (not including me)before voting ...
    EAT HADDOCK MWAHAHA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

(SPOILER)That was my first hint when I first thought of it yesterday.But no.You and me seem to forgot that there were 500 years passing since the cast of Time Compression.The range referred is relative to the year 1000,not to all times?The range of time compression will change with time.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

no offense and not that i have have anything against it but why do you always start these quiz polls?but i like your questions this is the hardest yet though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Just for "boys from the dwarf" (SPOILER) Donīt you remember me?I am Future Esthar.I used to be ignored for posting crazy theories without foundation.One day a mod said I should give proofs to my theories.From that day on I decided to create polls to get people thinking a lot

Regards,
    Big D

Please,vote.You donīt understand the treasure knowledge from FF8 you can get if you answer.This has implications you hadnīt thought before.

Regards,
    Big D

wow thats a thinker
    Sam = Ax = MAS82587 = PedroXC = DistanceRunner = Cloud of SOLDIER

Please try to explain the reasons behind your options.It would be fun.
    500 to 1500?.I expect you hadnīt forget about the future.(give the answer tomorrow).
    I believe people didnīt understand my question.If this is the case send a reply advicing and I will try to explain it better.

Regards,
    Big D

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what timespan TC would have encompassed given the circumstances in your example?
    Because if that is correct, the line of time would be compressed from the year 500 to the year 1500. This is based on the following assumptions:

1) Time compression works by 'pulling the plug' at the point of time where it is cast.
    2) Time is compressed equally fast in both past and future directions.
    3) Time compression works independent of the line of time(ie. it treats the line of time as something tangible that it can mold).

I'm not sure what you're exact thoughts are though, so I'd be interested in hearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    The range referred is relative to the year 1000, not to all times. The range of time compression will change with time.
    500 to 2500. I really can't answer why though.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

THat is an interesting idea... I like it! Although I'm not sure I fully understand it.... But I think 500-2500...

Tôi đói.

EDITED BECAUSE THE PREVIOUS AFIRMATION WAS FALSE.
    Let me explain the definitions.
    Range of time compression:
    Itīs the set of eras that were compressed,not the time during wich time compression is activated or during which people feels itīs efect.
    The sorceress decides to activate it in 1000 and to stop it when 500 years has passed on all eras.In the end of time compression people which were in the year 1000 are on the year 1500 obviously.(People who were in 1345 will be in 1845,etc...).
    The question is that the time interval during which she decide to compress time(1000 to 1500) is not the same as the one during which the world is at the brink of time compression.(i.e,the cause is different from the efect).
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 06-29-2005 at 03:17 PM.

Regards,
    Big D

The sorceress decides to activate it in 1000 and to stop it when 500 years has passed on all eras.In the end of time compression people which were in the year 1000 are on the year 1500 obviously.(People who were in 1345 will be in 1845,etc...).
    You lost me. Where are you getting it from that TC merely pushes people forward/backwards in time? In fact, compression by definition means the exact opposite. People should be drawn TOWARDS the point where TC was cast, in this case year 1000.

But in fact, there's no way of answering your question because we don't know exactly how fast TC compresses time. We could make an approximation by assuming when Ultimecia activates TC in the game, inside the young Adel, she has been sent back 50 years, making it a total of ca. 70 years away from where Squall and Co are after defeating Adel inside the Lunatic Pandora. Taking into mind that we see effects after like a second, we could approximate the speed as 70 years per second.

Since you're saying that she stops after 500 years has passed in all eras(which would obviously then include her own era from the point where she casts TC), TC must have been working for 500 years at this approximate speed. Let's do some maths, then:

60 seconds in an hour * 60 minutes in an hour = 3600 seconds per. hour.

3600 seconds * 24 hours in a day = 86400 seconds per day.

86400 seconds per day * 356 days a year = 30758400 seconds in a year.

30758400 seconds a year * 500 years = 15379200000 seconds in 500 years.

15379200000 * 70 years per second = 1076544000000 years compressed in 500 years as seen by the one casting it.

So given 500 years with an approximate compression speed, 1076544000000 years would have been compressed in both directions of time, making for a whooping 2153088000000 years compressed all together.

Of course, this mathematical operation is really completely irrelevant, because we don't know really know the first thing about TC, meaning we can't answer your question with any level of certainty. But I suppose to be technical about it, the world wouldn't be on the "brink of time compression" until all of time was compressed except a few thousand years in past and future, which would certainly imply a much wider range than the ones you have given.

Ladies and gentleman,the answer is...
    The answer is...
    The answer iiiis...
    The answer iiiiiiiiis...
    The answer iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis...
    Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

500 to 2500 Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(I am serious here)

Congratulations Mercen-X and Kamiko.

I wait for replies and then start explaining this. Donīt lose my next replie.I will show you the wonderful consequences of these.

Regards,
    Big D

Okay, I really have no idea what you're talking about, so please post your explanation for what you are thinking here soon.