View Poll Results: null

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy to see Feedback gone.

4 10.26%
  • I'll miss the Feedback Forum. ;_;

5 12.82%
  • Oh noes! Where will I spam legally now???

4 10.26%
  • There was a Feedback Forum?

5 12.82%
  • I think removing the Feedback Forum was a totally wrong decision.

21 53.85%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now we have no Feedback Forum.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

As far as I'm concerned, there were only two things that were regularly found in Feedback. Spam and unneeded drama. I think that people will actually be listened to more if they take the time to PM an admin, anyway. It means the admin doesn't have the pressure of the entire world waiting for their answer.

Did you guys know that, way back when I suggested Feedback, it was supposed to be just a thread? Then Scottie made a forum, and everyone was all "wtf?" and he was all "oh, sorry" and then we were all "eh, we'll see how it goes". So now that we've seen how it's gone (over a damn long time, mind you), we've made our decision and decided against a Feedback forum.

I've been gunning for that forum to be removed for a while now, mind you.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    ...we've made our decision and decided against a Feedback forum.
    You guys have, I haven't.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Czech. Republic
    As long as members can still provide feedback through PMs, and as long as people are willing to use that system, then I can understand the decision. The number of useful threads in feedback was rapidly diminishing, and the place wasn't really serving any purpose.
    I don't believe that feedback can be as effective on a one to one ratio (ala PM) as it can be through a thread with multiple posters contributing their thoughts on a particular feedback idea.

But hey, there's always Eljay.

And if all this recent drama is in fact an April Fool's joke, all I can say is: good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Yes, we all know how seriously the admins take PMs. Spammy or not, Feedback has been there for ages, and has served a purpose. That purpose was for you guys to voice your opinions. Now you have no voice. Good luck with that.
    Nobody gave a crap about what I had to say anyway.

I've never tried PMing an admin before, because that's what the feedback forum was there for. Now it isn't, I'll try the PM route, and if it turns out to be useless, then I'll be all for bringing back the feedback forum. If I could figure out where to post the suggestion, that is.

EDIT: I'd agree with you on that one, Miriel, and that's one of the reasons why I think removing feedback will be bad for the board in the long run. However, I'm willing to give the new system a chance before condemning the decision entirely.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I don't believe that feedback can be as effective on a one to one ratio (ala PM) as it can be through a thread with multiple posters contributing their thoughts on a particular feedback idea.
    Ask me a question in private and I'll be much more considerate of it. I always find myself under pressure when posting in Feedback, and it tends to make me very, very defensive. I get PMs complaining about things and I make sure they're dealt with fairly. I think PMs are better for complaints and threads are better for general discussion (ie, "What do you think of _____?" kind of stuff).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys
    I'm sad to see it go, but considering recent events, I'm constrained to agree that it was the right decision.
    You guys have such a skewed perspective. If Feedback wasn't here, I imagine D would've posted in GC or something.

Also: how does one bad incident take away from all the good things and good discussions Feedback had?

I think this is a horrible idea. Feedback is where Staff could get...well, feedback from the members. What will members do now if they have a problem? PM an admin? Ok, so how does that admin know if this is only a one-case scenario, or the concern is more widespread? Without the Feedback forum, you won't.

EDIT: I love you again, Yams.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I'm not happy to see it gone necessarily...but it was a good decision.

Ain't that a kick in the teeth.

I am growing increasingly wary of whether the Staff even listen to each other now.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The main problem that I can see with this new PM system is the following: Let's say a member has a suggestion for EoFF, and PM's it to Loony BoB. Disaster strikes! BoB doesn't like this suggestion, so he decides not to raise it with the other staff. However, it just so happens that this idea is really wonderful and amazing and the staff would have enacted it had it been raised in Feedback, but due to the personal bias of Loony BoB, the great suggestion is not put into place.

And I'm not saying BoB would do this or anything, it's just that he's the only admin to have posted in this thread so he volunteered himself to be the example

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm quite surprised and disappointed with you all. This one-on-one feedback through PMs is limited to personal troubles. What about the bigger issues that must be addressed by the whole community? Are you going to mass PM everyone?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Holy crap, people, how was the right decision made? Yes, things got overblown this past week, but that was the fault of staff, not the members.

Also, and I'm quoting myself here, how does one incident negate years of good things, informative discussion, and fun? EoFF exists outside that whole Kishi debate, y'know.

EDIT:

ere1055: especially since, basically, they deleted it because people were using it.

Elyse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Ain't that a kick in the teeth.

I am growing increasingly wary of whether the Staff even listen to each other now.

Take care all.
    Agreed. What worries me is not that feedback was removed, but that it was done so without the consultation of the entire staff. Either that or the views of some staffers have been ignored, which is just as bad.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

All it needs is stricter rules against spam and drama. Remember when Eyes on Each Other became all spammy and drama-y? It was fixed by setting a stricter set of rules. The same could be applied to feedback.

Without the feedback forum, we wouldn't of had a lot of the cool things we have now. Like the Goomba smilie. :goomba:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

It seems the members here have a better idea about "compromise" and "fixing the problem rather then running away from it" than does the Staff.

the feedback forum is gone. so?

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)