Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: An EoFF Constitution

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Anyone who thinks that staff should be open and lack secrecy about everything that happens in staff can look to FFRepublic as a result of such staffing styles. We're open enough, but some things are better off not known by the general public. Would you expect the private forums where we discuss matters to be visible to all?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

"The second concern is a set standard to follow in any given situation. I'm very well sure you can all think of a situation where the set standard didn't fully cover the situation. No set standard will ever be adeqaute for the situation because they are black and white and NO situation is exactly black or white. Every action has different circumstances. Different motivation, different intent, different way of doing the same action. It's impossible to set standards when life is a flexible thing. You need a flexible control system to handle life's flexible style."

My question though is, IS there even a flexible control system at work, or is it merely opinion?

Take care all.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I just want to add my own thought to what the Captain just quoted.

Because things are not black and white, isn't that why there are various degrees of penalties? Like the penalty is $100,000 to 4 years in jail?

"Would you expect the private forums where we discuss matters to be visible to all?"

Not all the time, but I think in cases that raise as much noise is this one, it would be very helpful for the members to see how the decision was rendered and not just be told that it was and that's all she wrote.

Take care all.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    With the recent events still in mind, I've begun to wonder, perhaps we as a community need to create some sort of document or system wherein we understand the rights and powers afforded to the various members here.

Thoughts?

Take care all.
    There is. The Feedback Constitution. If people followed it, things would run so much smoother.

EDIT: Also, Staff should absolutely have a secret forum. However, there's a valid point in that what Staff is discussing and the decisions made on those issues should be public knowledge if asked for. There doesn't need to be an announcement made for every banned member, but there should be answers to the questions.
    Basically, more or less how you guys have answered all my questions the past several days.

I demand a Freedom of information act here at EoFF.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    If you guys knew everything that went on in the staff forum, you'd see a lot of crap that the forums are better off not knowing about.
    Seconded. Why the hell do you think I resigned? Crap like this whole 'Kishi issue which is being blown way the smurf out of proportion, and I'm seeing people I like say things that make me not want to like them. I left because I didn't want access to the staff forum. And much as I like D, I really wish he had just left this whole 'Kishi issue behind closed doors where it belongs. Let other people get mad about it and not spread the misery around to everyone.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

If Staff is too embarrassed to tell us their decisions or are afraid it'll cause too much drama, then maybe those decisions are not in the best interest of EoFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    If Staff is too embarrassed to tell us their decisions or are afraid it'll cause too much drama, then maybe those decisions are not in the best interest of EoFF.
    I wouldn't say that. Tough decisions have to be made, and in a case like this you're going to anger a lot of people no matter what you do. If that's the case then maybe it's a good idea to hide it, or else events like these will become commonplace.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh, come off it, Raist. You of all people know that we'll never please everyone. If we make a big deal or even an announcement of any sort about any decision we make, drama will ensue.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

There's a difference between "members questioning a decision" and drama. In this very rare case, there was drama.

I'm not saying to publicize everything. Members just don't need to know everything as they happen. You saw how I was against how FG publicized each banning. However, if a member asks something, I think it should be answered. There's no "for EoFF security" excuse for keeping information secret. If a member asks, "Hey, what happened with Kishi?" I'd expect for Staff to give him a summary of events. If no one asks, then no one cares.

My post was deleted By a non me person.

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

There's a difference between "members questioning a decision" and drama. In this very rare case, there was drama.

I'm not saying to publicize everything. Members just don't need to know everything as they happen. You saw how I was against how FG publicized each banning. However, if a member asks something, I think it should be answered. There's no "for EoFF security" excuse for keeping information secret. If a member asks, "Hey, what happened with Kishi?" I'd expect for Staff to give him a summary of events. If no one asks, then no one cares.
    Oh, if someone asks, sure. But I'm talking about Big D coming out and blatantly disregarding staff policy. Nobody asked him anything, he just went out and caused drama. THAT was not needed. Only caused trouble.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Oh, if someone asks, sure. But I'm talking about Big D coming out and blatantly disregarding staff policy. Nobody asked him anything, he just went out and caused drama. THAT was not needed. Only caused trouble.
    You can't accuse someone of "blatantly disregarding staff policy" and then turn around and do it yourself.

You can't accuse someone of "blatantly disregarding staff policy" and then turn around and do it yourself.
    [Kelso]BURN![/Kelso]