Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: An EoFF Constitution

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I simply cannot allow the Proletariate equal opportunity within our community. What sort of land-holding lord would I be then? Our nature is power and we defend it to the death.

Did Dragonflame recommend a communist revolution some time ago?

EDIT: Heh. Fun times. I wonder what happened to him.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 03-26-2005 at 07:48 AM.

Skimming through the topic regarding the incident again, there were a couple of interesting ideas that I think were worth noting, ideas that both Nik and Proto posted. Perhaps they warrant some serious discussion?

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread is not about nik, and posts about him in this thread will be considered spam.

And that would result in getting banned?

Regardless of what ideas have been proposed, they will not be discussed simply because they will disrupt the order of things around here. I took the time to post my thoughts and solutions, and it was completely ignored. Why should I further continue to try to help people who do not even care? Del Snizz made a beautiful statement about the order of things in this world, including this board, and it will be ignored, simply because the more incendiary an idea is, the more likely it can and will be deleted by those in power simply so they may mantain power and order. Where's my post? Oh, that's right, it's spam. Why is it spam? Because even if I actually said anything worth noting (as I have done around here in the past), the result will be the same. Why not just spam all the time? It doesn't matter - no one listens anyways. And now you have the basis behind most of the problems that happen around here - no one is listening.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the hell are you talking about?

I response to The Captain's original post, it's an excellent idea in theory, but whether a sensible and sound set of terms could be agreed isn't so clear cut. Who would be responsible for the creation of this new constitution? If every member were to have their say then we'd end up with a constitution full of unecessary, senseless rubbish. If the job were left to a select few then it's unlikely anything would change at all, and the document would not be taken seriously by the majority of members.

So although a properly drafted set of terms would probably have great benefits for EoFF, the difficulty of actually creating it might be the idea's undoing.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    Yea, there aren't any other active seconds acounts besides those two.
    I know of one member who has four accounts, 2 of those are banned but 2 (as far as I know) are still active.

"Who would be responsible for the creation of this new constitution? If every member were to have their say then we'd end up with a constitution full of unecessary, senseless rubbish. If the job were left to a select few then it's unlikely anything would change at all, and the document would not be taken seriously by the majority of members."

If the idea does have any backing, perhaps make up a committee of members, both on Staff and off Staff who are well respected and have the support of the board. That way, in effect, the voices of the majority and those who might want to make changes can be heard within reason.

Take care all, and thanks for the feedback thus far.

Who Will Police The Police!!!!!1111

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

The community, ideally.

If need be, I can write up a draft of what the Constitution might look like later on tonight after I get home from work, just to get the ball rolling a bit.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Make sure you post here in the Feedback forum!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with this completely. No matter what anyone else might say about it, or me, I do value this place a lot. I have fun while I'm on here, and I believe other people do as well. I want that to continue; if this Constitution is going to help that along, I'm behind it 100%. Yeah, sure, at this point it might not be entirely plausible, but we'll never know until we try it out. I know I'll do my best to follow these rules that we might set up, for all our sakes. We need a change, I think, and this might be the answer.

--Box Box Box Box

That's the plan good sir.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sorry, I've been under the weather and haven't been paying much attention to what's going on. I hope this place isn't crashing(bunchofnumbers) down around me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum