Thread: crashNUMBERS for admin, 2005!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Yeah, now you have to give him sponge baths. HAHA!
    cl_out can't come into contact with water, though! His circuts might fry!

Edit by Del Murder on 4/1/2014: To whoever finds this secret post, congratulations! This April Fools prank was one of the greatest things I was ever a part of at EoFF, and is a fitting spot for my epitaph. Today is the day of my retirement from EoFF staff. It was a fun and eventful 10 years, but we all got to go sometime. I just wanted to take some space to talk about how much I love EoFF and being a part of its staff.

I joined back in 2001, posted a few times and quickly left. It was only when I came back that the "magic" of EoFF really got to me. It was during the 2001 elections. I was part of the Newbie party and it opened my eyes to this idea of an "online community". In that event I made friends that have lasted me for years. One of those was Calliope. Nicky and I have been friends for about as long as I've been a member here. At times we were even closer than we are today. Through it all she has been a great companion and partner in crime, particularly during our Spam Brigade and vey odd poem days.

In 2004 I became a Cid's Knight and it changed my life forever. I tried to be a good Knight! I combed through dozens of threads and moderated anything against the rules. I also helped develop policy and ideas in the staff forum to make this place the best it could be, including devising this little prank here. One year after becoming a CK I met the woman who would become my wife: Miriel. I knew from the moment we messaged each other that she was someone special, but of course I didn't realize how special that would be. We met and started dating later that year. Shortly after she joined me on staff since everyone else realized how awesome she was. The era of our rule was a great one, and resulted in me being promoted to Admin, and the development of Eyeson's Next Cid's Knight (best event after the Ciddies), but like everything it had to come to an end.

In the post-Miriel staff other people came and went, including CKs, Admins, Site Staff, Editors, and others, but eventually the staff group ended up with the Four Admins of the Apocalypse: Myself, Loony BoB, Psychotic, and ShlupQuack. Our rule lasted a few years and I don't think the four of us ever once agreed upon anything. But we had been through a lot together and all respected each other. And it was a lot of fun. We played more pranks and bickered about. I even got to meet the folks from Square Enix at an event, twice! At some point I fell into more of a mentor role on staff and that seemed to suit me well. I was proud to bring up the junior members and help them be all they could be for this wonderful site.

Miriel and I got married and then a year later I found out I was going to be a father. I always told myself that once that happened I would quit the staff. Even besides that, I felt it was my time to go. Usher in a new era and all that, especially since Loony BoB just bought the site. I also felt that I wasn't connecting with this generation of EoFFer like I had in the past. But boy, did I ever go out with a bang. That, however, is a story for a different day (Eyes on Fin-Del Fantasy 4 eva!)

I love EoFF and I never plan to fully leave, but sometimes plans change. If I do go, then let this post live on as my memory. Finally, below is the secret to my rule all these years and how I would eventually get my way with everything:

(SPOILER)Just wait and do it when BoB's not around because he's a git.

btw, you'll have to pardon my recent fit of moodiness, i have no idea what it was caused by, but the tought of a relationship in my life (and a different av)have brought me out of it. j/k crash, friends 4 life.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

Yeah, now you have to give him sponge baths. HAHA!
    Ewwww...I remember my grandma's care giver having to give my grandma sponge baths when she wasn't able to walk anymore. I'm glad I didn't have to watch.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

New rule we just made in staff, using colored text will get you banned. Thanks for your cooperation!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Watch out, I'm going to CRASH into you.

*runs off*

RSL STINKS! <3

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    New rule we just made in staff, using colored text will get you banned. Thanks for your cooperation!
    That's OK, I use coloured text as I'm a Brit.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh jojo.. I wasn't kidding... Man, I hate to do this but I have to

Edit: amendment to the new rule. Using coloured text will also get you banned.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah before I JOJO.....Oh wait.. Nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    Oh jojo.. I wasn't kidding... Man, I hate to do this but I have to

Edit: amendment to the new rule. Using coloured text will also get you banned.
    But...but...but I was only using colored text because everyone told me to!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

(SPOILER)Is this coloured text?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We won't ban anyone who used colored (or coloured) text before the rule was made. That would be mean.

But from this point on, yes, be careful.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not banned yet. Spread the love.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

JOJO Your gonna get banned!!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Then let me get banned for a good cause...

CRASH 4 ADMINISTRATOR!

Also, remember to make lots of unban Jojo sigs while I am gone *sniff* I'll miss you all...

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

(SPOILER)Is this coloured text?
    No, it isn't. The codes appear when I quote you.