Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a rainbow idea.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Just a rainbow idea.

Instead of abusing the feedback forum, is it possible to update the guideline so we won't get further threads like the past few threads that has been closed.

I mean, the feedback forum is to discuss how the staff of the forum is doing, and for suggestions that may improve the forums in some way. Not to complain about why someone has a larger avatar, or make a stupid request like "let's make this a new rule," because that's not the purpose for this forum.

I know it may sound like a dumb request, but I'm tired of seeing dumb threads that has nothing to do with improving the forums or giving feedback about the staff.

Now, let me discuss about some of the closed threads in the Feedback.

The old EZBoard - Ok, what does this has to do with feedback of the forums or the forums' staff? Absolutely nothing. This would have been better off in General Chat.

Can this be a new rule in chat? - Same here. Nothing about the forums, and the suggestion was just plain stupid.

Feedback - Ok, I don't know about this thread, but it's about the forums, but it's nothing important to announce. Just my opinion.

Question and spinoff threads - Ok these are the threads I don't want to see in feedback. First of all, why has it been replied to so often? Why does Raistlin having a larger avatar than everyone else be such a huge matter to anyone? Why oh why?? This is the reason why I think the Feedback Forum's FAQ should be updated so that we see more threads that concern the forums and the staff, instead of things that is not important.

The Feedback Forum was created as a place for members to comment on the staff, and about the forum, such as requesting changes to rules, adding new forums, and other forums related issues. Nothing nonsense, just straight to the point with the forums and the staff. Having a thread to add a new smiley or two is acceptable, as long as it's not a stupid smiley.

So, what do you think? I am tired of the kind of threads the Feedback is getting recently that's getting closed, and it's moving away from the true purpose of this forum.

Edit: Yeah, I also noticed I typoed "random" Can someone fix that for me?

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What's stupid to you might not be stupid to someone else.

But I agree for the most part, and so we should probably tone it down a little. Easier said than done, I guess.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that's true.

Anyway, this can be done. If a thread is not acceptable, just close it immediately so others won't take the oppurtunity to spam the thread with nonsense, or do whatever the staff decides to do.

The Feedback has been a "safe haven" for nonsense lately, and I think it just needs to be dealt with immediately.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The problem is seeing all those closed topics makes me sad. Maybe I should get my 'good friend' to delete them.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Just a rondo idea.

You love this pun.

I propose you rename this thread "Can this be a new rule in feedback?"
    This isn't a crap post, think about it.

Someone made the mistake of actually SAYING it was ok to spam here, is the problem. I guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't call people's suggestions stupid, Prot. You make just as useless suggestions all the time. Like this one, for example.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What? I thought this was a good suggestion...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is a good suggestion. The Feedback Forum needs to be reformed so that we see more threads concerning staff and forums, instead of other things like "why Raistlin has a larger avatar" or "why Jojo has a pink custom title" and whatnot.

Feedback Forum was made to give feedback to staff (concerning policies, rules, bans, and other things concerning staff) and to suggest ideas (whether it's useful or pointless).

Edit: Also... just because.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you translate "Why does Raistlin have a big picture of himself for an avatar?" to "I don't think its fair that the staff has bestowed such a thing on Raistlin and not everyone else," then it's direct feedback. So are you suggesting we get all nazi about how people word things?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Not to complain about why someone has a larger avatar, or make a stupid request like "let's make this a new rule," because that's not the purpose for this forum.
    Then where do those suggestions go, exactly? They belong here, whether you find them significant or not.

I know it may sound like a dumb request, but I'm tired of seeing dumb threads that has nothing to do with improving the forums or giving feedback about the staff.
    I would love for the Feedback to be nothing but what I consider beneficial to the forums. Everyone has their own cutoff to what they deem inconsequential. I consider suggestions for chat inconsequential - BoB, for example, does not. I consider new smiley requests inconsequential - Spiff, for example, does not. See what I mean? It's an impossible to attain ideal.

The old EZBoard - Ok, what does this has to do with feedback of the forums or the forums' staff? Absolutely nothing. This would have been better off in General Chat.
    Y'know how newbie threads can be posted anywhere? And how for more in-depth threads, you have a perogative of choosing General Chat, EoEO, or World Events to post them in? That's how I view it. Especially for such insinificant threads such as this. I think newbie threads don't belong in EoEO, and I think the "Where is everybody?" thread in EoEO should be in General Chat; however, it's not in General Chat, so I have to live with it.

Can this be a new rule in chat? - Same here. Nothing about the forums, and the suggestion was just plain stupid.
    Using your own definitions of stupid, maybe. What should staff do? Make a rule saying "no stupid suggestions allowed?" How ridiculous is that? It would be great if it would work, but it's like abolishing all the rules except for "use your smurfing brain" - great if it'd work, but it wouldn't.

The chat is part of EoFF - where else would chat suggestions go? I, personally, consider chat inconsequential, but others don't.

Question and spinoff threads - Ok these are the threads I don't want to see in feedback. First of all, why has it been replied to so often? Why does Raistlin having a larger avatar than everyone else be such a huge matter to anyone? Why oh why?? This is the reason why I think the Feedback Forum's FAQ should be updated so that we see more threads that concern the forums and the staff, instead of things that is not important.
    Because it's fun, and we were having fun. When the staff thought we'd had enough fun, they closed the threads.

The Feedback Forum was created as a place for members to comment on the staff, and about the forum, such as requesting changes to rules, adding new forums, and other forums related issues. Nothing nonsense, just straight to the point with the forums and the staff. Having a thread to add a new smiley or two is acceptable, as long as it's not a stupid smiley.
    I was starting to type out a legitimate rebuttle to this, until I saw "long as it's not a stupid smiley" and could only sigh. C'mon Proto - be at least a little rational, here.

So, what do you think? I am tired of the kind of threads the Feedback is getting recently that's getting closed, and it's moving away from the true purpose of this forum.
    I, for one, think you are failing to be objective.

How is Feedback moving away from its purpose? Sure, sometimes the threads aren't really about "important" issues, but how many important issues are there? It's not affecting the occurance of "legitimate" feedback threads. Scroll down on the thread listings. See "abusing the Swear Filter"? Yeah, that was a legitimate thread. Or how about "Serious or silly?" I think that was legitimate. And those are the only recent ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

AHH!! Raistlin's being un-stupid! My world is crashing down around my ears!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    AHH!! Raistlin's being un-stupid! My world is crashing down around my ears!
    I'm always un-stupid(well, when I'm not busy spamming, that is). Whether you chose to actually consider my suggestions and arguments is up to you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Then where do those suggestions go, exactly? They belong here, whether you find them significant or not.
    Well, they do belong in this forum, but the presentation of the idea wasn't ideal. At least to me.

I would love for the Feedback to be nothing but what I consider beneficial to the forums. Everyone has their own cutoff to what they deem inconsequential. I consider suggestions for chat inconsequential - BoB, for example, does not. I consider new smiley requests inconsequential - Spiff, for example, does not. See what I mean? It's an impossible to attain ideal.
    That's true, and each staff is different as to what's inconsequential and what's not.

Y'know how newbie threads can be posted anywhere? And how for more in-depth threads, you have a perogative of choosing General Chat, EoEO, or World Events to post them in? That's how I view it. Especially for such insinificant threads such as this. I think newbie threads don't belong in EoEO, and I think the "Where is everybody?" thread in EoEO should be in General Chat; however, it's not in General Chat, so I have to live with it.
    xP

Using your own definitions of stupid, maybe. What should staff do? Make a rule saying "no stupid suggestions allowed?" How ridiculous is that? It would be great if it would work, but it's like abolishing all the rules except for "use your smurfing brain" - great if it'd work, but it wouldn't.
    The idea was stupid in my opinion. Don't you think banning a chatter who comes to chat say one thing, then leave is dumb? Come on admit it, it's dumb from the start. Joel didn't even tell us what he wants to add as a rule in his first post.

The chat is part of EoFF - where else would chat suggestions go? I, personally, consider chat inconsequential, but others don't.
    The chat isn't inconsequential, but I think most things concerning chat should be left to those who take care of the chat, as most staff don't even visit #eoff on a regular basis, besides BoB, of course.

Because it's fun, and we were having fun. When the staff thought we'd had enough fun, they closed the threads.
    Of course it's fun, but I found it going overboard, where Staff had a little dispute.

I was starting to type out a legitimate rebuttle to this, until I saw "long as it's not a stupid smiley" and could only sigh. C'mon Proto - be at least a little rational, here.
    Ok, sorry about that. I was a little unhappy at the moment.

I, for one, think you are failing to be objective.
    I agree.

How is Feedback moving away from its purpose? Sure, sometimes the threads aren't really about "important" issues, but how many important issues are there? It's not affecting the occurance of "legitimate" feedback threads. Scroll down on the thread listings. See "abusing the Swear Filter"? Yeah, that was a legitimate thread. Or how about "Serious or silly?" I think that was legitimate. And those are the only recent ones that I can think of off the top of my head.
    Most of the threads are legitimate, but seeing so many closed threads in Feedback makes me a sad panda.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always consider your suggestions and arguments, Raist. Always. And I take them seriously. They're just usually stupid.