Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Just a rainbow idea.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Feedback used to be the coolest forum here. Can't stay on top forever, I suppose.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The idea was stupid in my opinion. Don't you think banning a chatter who comes to chat say one thing, then leave is dumb? Come on admit it, it's dumb from the start. Joel didn't even tell us what he wants to add as a rule in his first post.
    Proto, not everyone finds the idea stupid, especially the person that posted it. Seriously, do you want a "no stupid suggestions" rule?

The chat isn't inconsequential, but I think most things concerning chat should be left to those who take care of the chat, as most staff don't even visit #eoff on a regular basis, besides BoB, of course.
    Ok, so if you want a change in chat, you PM BoB and don't let anyone else have any say in the matter.
    Also, following that logic, suggestions for the FF Music forum(or whatever it's called) shouldn't go in here because the majority of the staff doesn't go in it.

Of course it's fun, but I found it going overboard, where Staff had a little dispute.
    Ok...but how does that relate to the "stupid suggestions" complaint?

Most of the threads are legitimate, but seeing so many closed threads in Feedback makes me a sad panda.
    They weren't closed because they were stupid suggestions - they were closed because we spammed the hell out of 'em. If you want staff to be more strict on spam(I don't), then that's a completely different issue.

All I'm trying to say is that the Feedback Forum needs to be taken care of better than it currently is. As I see it, it's almost like a joke forum.
    Again, how does that relate to the "stupid suggestions?"

As for the new smilies threads... Come on, EoFF doesn't need any more smilies, and there's already enough as it is. If the staff is going to add more, they can just do so on their own, just like how Shlup added the pandas and skulls.
    I didn't know new smiley requests would so endanger the main purpose of Feedback.

The staff should take care of each thread as they see fit.
    What were they doing before?

Proto has a made some very good points and Feedback has been dubbed the Spam Forum and I guess that's a far cry from what it was originally meant for.
    No, actually he started this whole thing about stupid, inconsequential suggestions, then either forgot about his main point in this thread, or realized it was, in itself, a stupid, inconsequential suggestion.

About the spam: the spam doesn't interfere with the main purpose of the forum. Whether or not to continue the lenience toward spam in this forum is entirely preferential. Keeping it wouldn't affect the main purpose of the forum, and neither would it take away(however, it would take away a lot of fun).

Simply put, I doubt much would go on here without, and from what I can tell, most things that are requested get solved anyway in spite of the spam. It seems to be working fine as it is, and while I agree some of the stuff if unneccessary, why not let us have our fun?
    Yeah, Spiffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    There's not that much to give feedback on The forums are going mostly fine, as far as I can tell. And when something does not suit someone's tastes, a person comes and argues it to death. And occasionally when there is a serious feedback thread, it gets dealt with. ^_^ Just because there are spammy threads does not mean that you can't bring up serious threads, either. So instead of letting the forum die, some people feel the need to spam it up and bring it to life! So while it is spammy, the original purpose is still being met, eh? (Hah I'm British *runs around*) Personally I think it's okay to have fun with feedback and not have it be serious all the time.
    The twerp is right, for once.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't want to ban stupid ideas, I just don't want to see too many kinds of threads with dumb ideas that'll eventually get spammed up and could have the staff worked up.

As for the spam. It's been a problem with me in the past. Some threads have too much of it, and that may be fine, but eh... that's just my problem.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Here's how I view it:

I don't like General Chat. Remember my one LJ entry about "bull questionnaires?" I didn't like them. I didn't want a new rule made, or for them to be closed, but I was just saying how I didn't like them. You couldn't make a rule "don't make useless threads" or close threads that you view to not have a purpose. But I said, I just don't like them, and therefore I don't go into General Chat much.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not saying that I want to ban dumb suggestions. I originally wanted to have the Feedback FAQ to be updated, but the direction I went when I started typing the thread went a different direction as I went with example of threads suggesting that staff should do better with dealing with most threads when they get closed, or stay open for spam.

There are time for fun and games, but when the fun causes problems, that's what I'm being concerned about when I started this thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

And what "problems" has this fun caused, exactly?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In my opinion, the 'spam' in Feedback is a good indication that everything is going ok. Otherwise we would see a lot more complaining threads in here. Proto has a point that it should be cut down on a little bit, but Feedback is where I have the most fun and I think the mix right now is perfect. A lot of these threads shouldn't have been closed in my opinion. It looks so sad in here.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, seriously, I don't think the problem I see should be a big concern to anyone. The problem is that there are too many non-serious threads to serious threads in Feedback, that I see that Staff is not taking most suggestions, or whatnot very seriously. Sometimes they do, but not all the time.

I don't know. ;_;

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

we should have special "feedback only" mods and make regular staff unable to be mods in feedback, that way all members would be on equal footing and ideas could not be shot down so easily.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    we should have special "feedback only" mods and make regular staff unable to be mods in feedback, that way all members would be on equal footing and ideas could not be shot down so easily.
    I love it!

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I nominate Devil May Kick Ass and strawberryman to be the feedback mods.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

xD

No, but it could be like EoFF's PR Department!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I seem to have been smitten...