Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Serious or silly?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    It's "late" or its "marijuana"?
    If only! That would explain so much if I drank and did drugs. But alas, that is no the case. It was 2 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

This thread makes me giggle. Well, not really. But I'll say that it does.

You guys are all whack. Why don't you just CUDDLE? Is that really so hard!?!?!?!? Can't we just all... get along?

I really do find the locked LJ entries to be kind of silly, especially since you apparently don't even care who reads them anyway. If you don't care who reads it, why lock it? Crazy!

I however find it helpful because I know when Raistlin makes a locked LJ entry then I should check the Feedback forum so I can see what he's whining about.

I'm so unprofessional but it's okay, all Raistlin needs is some good lovin'. Hop to it, Yams.

EDIT: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=edczxcvbnm ADD ME BACK. ;_;
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Shlup, I don't think this is helping...
    The issue is "professionalism", after all.
    That doesn't bother me, D. A joke is a joke - if staff is allowed to joke around, then they're going to end up offending someone eventually. In that case, if a member is offended by a joke, they can PM the staffer and say that it offended them, and then the staff member can apologize for offending and say they only meant it as a joke, and then they can get together for a hug and go out and get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
    A comment like that doesn't hurt us any more than your avatar does. Completely disgraceful.
    xDDDDD

Blah blah blah blah blah! Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch. I can't believe a staffer would say such a thing! What a cruel world this is. I think we need a public applogy in the form of a signature, custom title, avatar and an announcement for 1 week. It is the only way broken hearts can be mended after this incident of DOOM!
    I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY EXTRA LONG BLUE CUSTOM TITLE AND WILL NOT LET THIS GO UNTIL I HAVE IT!!!!

I really do find the locked LJ entries to be kind of silly, especially since you apparently don't even care who reads them anyway. If you don't care who reads it, why lock it? Crazy!
    Of course I care who reads it - otherwise I wouldn't lock it. In this case, I locked it so I could handle the issue individually via PM. You know what happens when I don't lock this kind of criticism - one of them got past 100 comments! Though most of it was you and me snuggling in the back corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I don't post anything or even go to LJ. I signed up so I could read(on occasion) Krystal's LJ entries. I can add you but I have never even looked at my page or added an entry to my account.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay you guys can officially shut up.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The topic is still being argued so, no, we don't need to shut up.
    *Re-open*

This entire thread is turning into the living embodiment of what the topic is about - on the one hand, there's a serious discussion of how members believe staff should behave; on the other hand, there are staff who are intent on doing whatever pleases them, regardless.
    Balance, anyone?

I agree you need checks and balances in any sort of `law´ making environment but those checks and balances should be beliefs and not practiced if against the current rules.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know what thread you're looking at, D, but I don't see any "serious discussion" about anything other than shutting up. And I don't know what staff you're talking about, but if you have a problem then you should say so in the staff forum. We musn't argue in front of the children.

Mommy and Daddy are fighting

*cries*

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Otherwise we'll see who are real mommies and daddies are - drunk, lazy hobos.

EDIT: In response to Shlup

Oh, and in response to Big D: I think people have commonly misinterpretted what I mean by "professional." By being professional in Feedback, I mean "don't be mocking, patronizing, condescending, or derogatory to the members." That's it. I have nothing against spam, jokes, pranks, or fun at all.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Oh, and in response to Big D: I think people have commonly misinterpretted what I mean by "professional." By being professional in Feedback, I mean "don't be mocking, patronizing, condescending, or derogatory to the members." That's it. I have nothing against spam, jokes, pranks, or fun at all.
    That's what I mean. This thread was intended to get some serious feedback about what members like or expect from forum staffers, but rather than pay any attention it seems that some of EoFF's own staff would rather belittle or silence what 'outspoken oldbies' have got to say...
    Rather sad, really.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

EDIT BY BoB: *yoink* But seriously, guys, RSL is right, keep it in private, take it to the staff forum or whatever.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't act like you're not just as bad in the staff forum. Are you saying its okay for all of us to mock people behind their backs, but not where they can read it? Nice.

"Belittle or silence what 'outspoken oldbies'" indeed. What was it you said about these same people in the staff forum when we were discussing swearing?

Don't quote me in the Staff Forum, please. ~D

And that's not even the worst of it. Don't be hypocritical.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fine, forget it.