Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid flans!!!!

Angry Stupid flans!!!!

I can't stand this! I've fed my flan over twenty of these freaking curealls, and he still hasn't gotten any stat enhancements! I've even used five or six elixirs on him, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Is there a technique to raising a monster's stats that I'm missing?

Different monsters like different items. Watch what it says when you feed him. He won't get any stat boosts until he loves you (at which point he'll go "I love you Marche. No, really, I love you!" or something like that) then he'll get one for every item you feed him that he likes. Watch how he reacts to the items to see what he likes/dislikes.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

i don't see the point in feeding the monsters . i mean, i can afford the food , but it's a waste of time :rolleyes2 . i think i should set 'em all free...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie514
    i don't see the point in feeding the monsters . i mean, i can afford the food , but it's a waste of time :rolleyes2 . i think i should set 'em all free...
    It is not a waste of time. Feed the monsters enough items, and you can eventually raise their stats to 999 on everything (except speed, which is 200 max, I think [Ok, it's actually 100. Thanks for pointing that out, tailz]). Since the morphers use the monster's stats when using one of that monster's abilities, this makes them the most powerful class in the game.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 03-01-2005 at 06:10 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

speed 100 max and this time im sure about it finaly i can correct you skyblade (yipiee big celebration yipiee)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    It is not a waste of time. Feed the monsters enough items, and you can eventually raise their stats to 999 on everything (except speed, which is 200 max, I think). Since the morphers use the monster's stats when using one of that monster's abilities, this makes them the most powerful class in the game.
    wha ! i didn't know that . i thought i was fattening 'em up for nothing . my Morpher is a really useful asset of course !

cool...my coural says that so im gonna keep on feeding him fo higher stats!

By the way, this is a bit off subject but Yuffie514...how many emoticons so you want to use?

Quote Originally Posted by tailz
    speed 100 max and this time im sure about it finaly i can correct you skyblade (yipiee big celebration yipiee)
    You are correct (Congratulations, and thanks [I don't like giving out incorrect information]). The speed on the monster's stats will be maxed out at 100.

Note: Once you get the monsters that high, they will become more finicky eaters. By the time they love you, only a few items will give them a stat boost. If they say they love you, and you feed them, and you don't see a stat boost, quit feeding them that item. For most monsters, use Curealls (cheap [relatively, but you will have to but lots... 34650 Gil for 99], and give you about a plus 50 boost in stats for each time you feed 99 of them to a monster) which are available at Baguba Port after the third shop upgrade. But the only one you can buy to boost Malboro stats is the Elixer (it becomes available in the shop at Cyril once you have freed all areas. It's not cheap either. 20,000 Gil EACH) since Malboro's hate Curealls (Since their main attack is Bad Breath, you can see why they wouldn't want to eat status effect cancelling items). It's expensive as hell to raise all the monsters to max stats (not that that stopped me. There isn't much else to spend the massive Gil you get by the end of the game on. All the best items are found, stolen, or gotten as quest/battle rewards), but it is definitely worth it, as it makes the most powerful class in the game show its full potential. Good luck, and happy monster raising!

thx skyblade but one question why raise a malboro not that i dislike bad breath or something its one of my favorite blue mage ability but coorect me if im wrong but i only catch malboro with bad breath and no other attacks i preffer maxing dragons cause you then have 3 elemetal attacks of about 500 damage never has it happend that an enemy could resist all three but k

why malboro they cant finish what the started cause unmorh and remorph takes a turn

Quote Originally Posted by yuripa
    By the way, this is a bit off subject but Yuffie514...how many emoticons so you want to use?
    depends . i like using 'em to express myself more .

thx skyblade but one question why raise a malboro not that i dislike bad breath or something its one of my favorite blue mage ability but coorect me if im wrong but i only catch malboro with bad breath and no other attacks i preffer maxing dragons cause you then have 3 elemetal attacks of about 500 damage never has it happend that an enemy could resist all three but k

why malboro they cant finish what the started cause unmorh and remorph takes a turn
    Well, this is actually incorrect. Like every monster in the Monster Bank, there are multiple types of Malboros. Malboros, who use Stench, and Big Malboros, who use Reek. Stench has Bad Breath (20 MP, causes lots of status ailments) and Goo (No MP, immobilizes target) as available abilities, while Reek has Bad Breath (see above) and Soundwave (No MP, three square range, neutralizes all status enhancements [basically a Dispel that costs no MP]) as available A-Abilities. So they do have more than just Bad Breath. But you are correct, they have no direct damage abilities, so maxing them isn't really necessary. Still, if you want to max every monster, you'll need to max Malboros/Big Malboros too. So I was just telling you why Curealls wouldn't work for maxing Malboros. I'm not sure if the monster's defense stat is used for anything, though. If it is, it may be worth maxing Malboros in order to utilize the defense. If someone could get back to me on whether defense of monsters in the monster bank is used for anything, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 03-01-2005 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Well, this is actually incorrect. Like every monster in the Monster Bank, there are multiple types of Malboros. Malboros, who use Stench, and Big Malboros, who use Reek. Stench has Bad Breath (20 MP, causes lots of status ailments) and Goo (No MP, immobilizes target) as available abilities, while Reek has Bad Breath (see above) and Soundwave (No MP, three square range, neutralizes all status enhancements) as available A-Abilities. So they do have more than just Bad Breath. But you are correct, they have no direct damage abilities, so maxing them isn't really necessary. Still, if you want to max every monster, you'll need to max Malboros/Big Malboros too. So I was just telling you why Curealls wouldn't work for maxing Malboros. I'm not sure if the monster's defense stat is used for anything, though. If it is, it may be worth maxing Malboros in order to utilize the defense. If someone could get back to me on whether defense of monsters in the monster bank is used for anything, I'd appreciate it.
    ty just need to catch a new malboro then and max it again (snik) but why not. well i have no doubt anymore you are the ffta MASTER

hail skyblade hail skyblade
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

ty just need to catch a new malboro then and max it again (snik) but why not. well i have no doubt anymore you are the ffta MASTER

hail skyblade hail skyblade
    Aww, thanks.

BTW: This is off topic, but it's just FYI (and I'm not sure if it's worth making a new topic about. This one's question has been answered, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem if we sidetrack, should there?), if you plan right, Blue Mages are the best healing class in the game once your entire team is at level 50 (you'll see why in a second), as long as you don't rely on Paladins, Dragoons, Defenders, and the one other class in the game that can't equip clothes (by which I mean as opposed to armor and robes, not just clothes in general. I feel I have to add that, or I'd get a lot of stupid comments... [Oh, and does anyone know what class that is? More bonus points available... ]). How? Simple. Have a Blue Mage (two is even better) that knows Lv? S-Flare (throw in Angel Whisper and White Wind too, if you like). Equip your entire team with Bone Armor (decent armor, and it absorbs Dark attacks). Any characters who use MP a lot (including anyone who uses Ultima attacks) should also equip the Absorb MP Reaction Ability. If you have two Blue Mages with Lv? S-Flare, give them both Absorb MP and Turbo MP (not necessary, but very helpful) as well. This will allow them to cast an endless chain of Lv? S-Flares, each one of which will heal every member of your team (no matter where they are on the field) for massive amounts of health, damaging any enemies that don't absorb Dark attacks (practically all non-Zombie enemies), and healing 60 MP of any character equipped with the Absorb MP Ability. That's enough MP to use Ultima, and if you have two Blue Mages, it will restore the MP used by the other Blue Mage to cast Lv? S-Flare. If you only have one Blue Mage who knows Lv? S-Flare, you probably don't want to give him Turbo MP, since that will mean 60 MP for each casting, quickly draining his MP (you may even consider Half MP, though this reduces the amount absorbed by magic users with Absorb MP to 15), but it will still give a massive healing effect to all members of the team, and cause massive damage to any vulnerable enemies. To make it even better, you can use Angel Whisper and White Wind if Dark attacks are Forbidden by the laws. If Holy magic is Forbidden, most healing spells go out the window. All normal healing spells except White Flame, Earth Heal (both are Elementalist spells. Fire and Earth elements respectively), and White Wind (Blue Mage, Wind element [obviously]), in fact. But Lv? S-Flare will actually get your Blue Mage a JP for each casting if Holy is Forbidden (As long as Color Magic, Dark, or Target All aren't also Forbidden, of course)! So two Blue Mages can keep an entire team at max MP and HP very easily. This would work even without a team of all level 50s, as long as the levels all end in the same number, but the massive Exp they would get from this would negate it's usefullness very quickly. Still, if you need a healer for a level 50 team (and you aren't fighting Undead), look no further than a Blue Mage.

PS: Sorry for the long, off topic post. I just had to point this cool tactic out, and I wasn't sure what else to say here, since the discussion on the Monster Bank is pretty much over. I also apologize if someone has pointed this out before me. I didn't see it anywhere here though, so I thought I might as well go ahead.

i correct myself again youre a god skyblade never eve nthought of that but good strategy imagine a team full of blue mages (gnagnanga)
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

WOW....i am in awe...morphers and blue mages (ironicly) are my fav. job classes (o and dragoons) and i was like "i just KNOW these guys are good..i just know it" cause everyone is all like "They suck..me want red mage blah blah blah" and i was like "your wrong.." but you my good sir are the man...my hats off to you *bows* mad props....is FFTA one of your favorite ff's? or are you that stragetic for every final fantasy you play?