Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quit your complianing!!!1

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquallandZidane
    Excellent point in fact if u dont mind, hopefully u dont i'd like to put that in my sig.
    You are most welcome to do so.

And I completely agree with The Captain, as usual. I'd have said the same thing myself, but he's far more eloquent than I, and I have a tendency to get worked up over things like this. Well said, Captain. :skull3:

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

lets be honest... Adlai Stevenson should be resurrected and let allowed to run for office again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Jimmy Carter was probably the last truly honest man in politics and for that, he was thrown under the bus by both sides. What he's shown, in his work since being President, is that his ideas: alternatives to oil, global empathy, being up front on issues even despite the problems, do work and would have probably saved this country a lot of heartache if he'd been able to put them into place. Granted, he lost re-election to Reagan mostly because Reagan was a better politician, but we have to ask ourselves, does a better policitian mean a better president?

Here's my problems with Bush, in a nutshell:

1. The War On "Terror" - Whatever happened to it? It was our top priority for a while, a real legit case for war and now, seems to be completely on the back-burner.

2. The War In Iraq - There are no two ways about it, we as a nation are in Iraq for reasons other than what was first given. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and all the crew made their case way back in 2002 and then reinforced it in 2003 that Iraq had WMD's, but now, two years later, the search was called off because none could be found. So, why are we there? To help make Iraq a Democracy? I thought Bush and his crew weren't nation-builders, as he's said time and time again. There are way too many variables that have not even begun to be addressed here.

3. Accountability - I've always believed, when you make a mistake or are wrong in some way, you take responsibility for it, apologize and perhaps even give up your place in power or career to make amends for it. The BBC did this when it had false evidence, CBS did this when it had false evidence, yet why has this Administration been given a pass on so many mistakes or miscalculations? You can argue that Powell is a casuality of the misguided war in Iraq, but he wasn't the only one involved there.

4. The Self-Righteousness - "Either you're with us, or you're against us". I've heard this phrase more times than I can recall and each time I can only wonder, why do they think the world is in black and white? Why do they feel that on every issue their way is the right way and every opinion that differs must be wrong? Is it the religious aspect that they use, or is it something else?

Two further points:

On a message board, words are about as much action as one can take. I understand your point about it seeming like everyone is complaining about this or that, but I don't view it as complaining, more as various points of view being expressed and only when you don't agree with a particular point of view is it categorized as complaining.

Is it me, or does it seem like Conservatives in this country, despite all their overwhelming power currently, still seem so insecure? It seems like they are still trying to belittle and put down opposition despite the fact that they are in the majority at the moment. I don't quite understand this. Rather, I'd figure they'd try to be compassionate toward other opinions now and perhaps try to bridge the gap at least, so that they can ensure prolonged majority status, otherwise, I forsee the current Conservative majority to swing back down to an even stance with Liberals in a few years, just as it happened in the 90's in the other direction.

Words, in my mind represent someone who is thinking about issues and in most cases, can back up where they are coming from. Complaining is just saying that you dislike someone and that's it, nothing deeper or more profound. The single greatest problem our country is facing right now is the widening lack of compassion, whereas we no longer even see the other side as people, but as a label, as a "Liberal" or a "Conservative" or a member of the "Religious Right" or a "God-Hating Leftist" when deep down, we're all human beings first, Americans, English, German, Frence, etc, etc second, and Liberals, Conservatives, Independents last.

Take care all.
    If bush is raging a war on terror the how come he hasn't eradicated the KKK yet?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The KKK, while a group of idiotic, closed-minded fools, are not terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Who would you put in office?
    Jon Stewart

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I hate Bush, and I can't do anything about it, so I'll complain, since it's the only thing I can do. He was appointed the presidency in the 2000 election, not elected. This time around he was indeed elected, and that basically killed the microscopic thread of faith I had left in half the country.

I'd bring Clinton back personally. I think he was a great president, and no not because "OMFG HE SMOKD TEH WEED AND GOT LAED HE IS DA PIMP PRES!!1"...I really liked him. The economy was booming, I was happy, and the news wasn't even a 1,000,000,000th as idiotic as it is now.

But that's as far as I'm going on this topic.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

I like the government. I don't feel like getting into this disscusion much since these usually make me mad.

Case and point- lets just say bush WASNT presedent? Who would you put in office?
    Dennis Kucinich.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    kerry was an idiot. one of teh worst economic plans iv ever seen.
    Wait a second...there are many perfectly logical reasons you could have used to place Bush over Kerry...but instead you pick economics?

In case you hadn't noticed, economics isn't exactly Bush's strong point.

Okay sorry if I offended anybody. I didnt mean that you guys in particular were complaining, i just meant other people in general. I am terribly sorry if I made anybody feel angry- and I'm not just saying that. All this thread was about was who you would put in office and why you dont like american government- thats it- no harm intended.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

But why, when a person doesnt like Bush, does it mean they dont like the American government? Since when does disliking a President and their staff mean you're against democracy and the American government? By that logic everyone should have blindly supported Nixon because they loved their country, and Nixon did many horrible things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    But why, when a person doesnt like Bush, does it mean they dont like the American government? Since when does disliking a President and their staff mean you're against democracy and the American government? By that logic everyone should have blindly supported Nixon because they loved their country, and Nixon did many horrible things.
    I think Phil is just asking if you like the government and if you like Bush. Not you have to like both or none.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Then he needs to clearly seperate these things. He's grouping together a dislike of Bush with a hatred of the American government and of democracy.

Haha thats what I used to be like cant say It isnt I used to complain and Complain and complain even though I KNEW I could do something about it. Now theres less complaining and more doing

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    I think Phil is just asking if you like the government and if you like Bush. Not you have to like both or none.
    Okay I meant it like that ^
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket