Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm not complaining about the staff!

Default I'm not complaining about the staff!

Well, maybe. Stop letting people make posts that are just quotes from other people. It is so god damn stupid it makes my head hurt, unless it's a "What's your favorite this or that" thread. Then it's just lazy. I mean, christ, you can't type out what your favorite icecream is? All you have the energy to do is press quote and then press enter?
    But what's the WORST is when people do it in, like actual discussion threads, or eoeo help threads. No one cares that you agree with whatever smitty said down to a very tee you can't elaborate on it one bit. You don't have anything to say, don't talk. Especially not in helping threads. "Hmm, that smitty has some good ideas, but I don't know... Oh, here's what he said again, only it's centered in a quote box. I'll do it!"

There has got to be some secret underground way to keep track of post counts, and a place where these people talk about how cool they are, that I don't know about, and that's why people do it. Otherwise I have NO IDEA why someone would do that, other than pure laziness.
    Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way. I sure hope not.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    Well, maybe. Stop letting people make posts that are just quotes from other people. It is so god damn stupid it makes my head hurt, unless it's a "What's your favorite this or that" thread. Then it's just lazy. I mean, christ, you can't type out what your favorite icecream is? All you have the energy to do is press quote and then press enter?
    But what's the WORST is when people do it in, like actual discussion threads, or eoeo help threads. No one cares that you agree with whatever smitty said down to a very tee you can't elaborate on it one bit. You don't have anything to say, don't talk. Especially not in helping threads. "Hmm, that smitty has some good ideas, but I don't know... Oh, here's what he said again, only it's centered in a quote box. I'll do it!"

There has got to be some secret underground way to keep track of post counts, and a place where these people talk about how cool they are, that I don't know about, and that's why people do it. Otherwise I have NO IDEA why someone would do that, other than pure laziness.

See! Bleys agrees.
    But I HATE HIM anyway.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kane makes me a sad panda.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not a fan of someone who quotes and doesn't expand with any of their own thoughts at all, although I'm sure that I'm guilty of doing that a few times myself, but I don't see any way that you can stop someone from doing something like that so it should be something that just gets chalked up to being a pet peeve.

EDIT: Or we can ban them.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

There has got to be some secret underground way to keep track of post counts, and a place where these people talk about how cool they are, that I don't know about, and that's why people do it.
    Yep, pretty much.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

People are going to quote others out of laziness, and that they might agree fully with what is said. Yes, it's annoying. No, I don't think it should be disallowed, but if someone's going to quote someone, they better have something to add, especially in the serious forums such as EoEO.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    But Leeza, I do that all the time. Would you ban me?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    But Leeza, I do that all the time. Would you ban me?
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's great you guys are ignoring me. 8-) Real great.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    I'm not a fan of someone who quotes and doesn't expand with any of their own thoughts at all, although I'm sure that I'm guilty of doing that a few times myself, but I don't see any way that you can stop someone from doing something like that so it should be something that just gets chalked up to being a pet peeve.

I'm sure there's some way to put them in a group that turns whenever they use the quote button or tags into a big rant about how much they suck. You make special user groups for pretty much anything else someone can do wrong. :O

Edit: Oh, sorry pr00t. Do you do that a lot or something? See, that's another thing! You can't notice someone if all they post is someone else's words! People don't usually read big long quotes if they've already read the post it's from, unless it's a point by point counter argument. You don't want people to skip your posts, do you pr00t?!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Proto
    It's great you guys are ignoring me. 8-) Real great.
    I'd say it's more of a "super" kind of thing than a "great" thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I say we put Kane in the "No New Threads For Me" ban.