Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need To Know: Which Final fantasy is the ultimate modern must own?

I would say:

- FFVII --> From this point on the community of FF really grew Intesively! You gotta play this one first.
    - FFT --> Although not a REAL part of the FF series, I still highly recommend it (If you like turn based Strategy-RPGs)
    - FFVIII --> The card game rocks ^_^
    - FFV --> If you like the job system in FFT, you'll like this one too.
    - FFX(-2) --> Also great game since it's graphics are great
    Visit my new Final Fantasy Site ^_^
    Visit Final Fantasy Revisited

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr
    I actually liked that game. A lot.

The only reason I wouldn't suggest it is that it is hardly anything like any other FF game.
    In fact, without the FF title, it would probably be praised instead of bashed.
    If you can play and appreciate FFMQ, chances are you'll be able to appreciate the other FF games. If you can't, chances are you'll like FFVII a lot.

FFX is nice and easy to get you going. Then, when you go all retro, things start to hot up. Take care with the reeeeaaaally old ones, 'cos they have a tendency to depress (me, anyway).
    My really, really tiny sig.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidtFF
    The only online FF is 11, the rest are all single player.
    That's untrue there is an option in most PS1 Ff's, were you can let player1 and player2 choose wich character they want to (ie: pl1:zidane,garnet pl2: vivi freya)

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Well, he did say online, y'know.
    My really, really tiny sig.

I swear...how dense are some of you?

I said ps2, i even clarified that in an earlier post! i need GOOD graphics, FF8 looks okay from screen shots, but i am getting a ps2 soon, and want to know what is the shiznaight of the FF games to get.

the online one, altough very tempting, is still online...and you have to pay for it. i don't do pay to play. although it looks really neat and i love the GMR articles in each issue about the guy who just plays it so he can write the article for GMR.

FFX-2 seems neat...what is the story about and is it good? i can's get a decent overview of it, let alone a detailed summary.

Blog Entries

http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10-2/story.shtml

Will that help?

But honestly, it's bad forum manners to call us dense.

Many of us are of the opinion that the recent FF games are, well, lacking.

If I suggest FFVII, it isn't because I'm dense. It's because I don't feel like giving you what I would call bad advice.

If you know what you want, get it.

Default Formal Apology to all those who I offended

I am sorry if i offended anyone with some or all of the things i said. In real life i do use those phrases sometimes, but always in a funny way that makes everyone laugh due to both tone and sutuation.

Online it is impossible to convey those things, which is why i regret in hind sight for not seeing my language as degrading and insulting.

Henceforth I shall be more vidulant to the usage of far more proper and formal speech.

Now back on topic, i will be sure to read that website you gave me. THanks alot! It's so hard to find stuff sometimes, especially on alot of rare things like in depth story guides and things like that.

Then again i just suck at searching. I cannot find even a handful of pics of ouka (the wolf chick picture that is my avatar) using google.

You should ask Jeeves about netiquette sometime. I think you would find it very helpful when it comes to trying to communicate without getting everyone to be angry at you.

As far as "modern" games with "good graphics" (and that's a COMPLETELY subjective thing, I'd like to add. I have a fondness for 8-bit graphics, for example), your best bet is FFXII or FFX-2. FFX has moments of great graphics, but it likes to follow those up with moments of questionable animation. I would suggest FF Origins, but I have a feeling your comment would be something like "OMG THIS GAME SUCKS!!!! IT'S IN 2D WHICH SUCKS!!!!!! THERE'S NO SUMMONS!!!!! IT SUXXXXX!!!!! I HATE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!" and then put it down after 15 minutes of play.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Patronizing someone is just as bad, even worse when it right after their apology.

Gregoriev, the only PS2 FF games out now are X, X-2, and XI. XI is online only, and X-2 is a sequel to X, so your best bet is to start with X. Try and give it some time, though, because most of these later games are an acquired taste.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Alright, thank you.

i will be sure to pick up X, then X-II. i have MMRPG games based on leveling that make you pay to play. they are really gay to me because anyone better than you is not genuinly better than you as in more skilled, they just paid alot more money and wasted alot more of their time.

i just want a modern FF to try out, alot of people play it and i want to see what's it's all about. i tried FF7, but it is not to my tastes. i need at least decent graphics, which it is my understanding i will be getting in this PS2 FF game.

Thank you very much for you recomondations.

and one last thing: I don't need to be insulted right after i apologize. you had pleanty of time to read my apology post, and you are just more of an ass by stating such things.

Okay, fine, I'll rephrase. I WOULD suggest Final Fantasy Origins, but I don't think you'd like it based on your previous comments and comments from other threads.

I'm also going to suggest keeping your eyes open for FFXII news. It's not gonna be released for a while but I think it might be to your liking.

wait...FF 11? or FF12?

what's going to be released soon? They definatly should have kept with the same naming sceme of increasing numbers...i mean really, you know what X2 is!? 12 that's what!

names are supposed to be simple...stupid square.

but thanks for the recomondation, i will keep my eye out for XII...or 12...or...i need to check google on this...

Ok, seriously, dude. If you're gonna play an FF game, graphics are the LAST thing to look at. Honest. I'm not playing. I mean, look at some of the newer games that have great graphics, but don't even come close to standing up to the classics. I mean, christ on a crutch, rpg graphics are only supposed to be good in the battle sequences, and even then they really don't NEED it. What you need in ANY Rpg, whether its Final Fantasy, or Chrono Trigger/Cross, or even something like Zelda or Diablo, is good gameplay/mechanics and a solid story. Without that, you're just oogling computer generated "pixels". Anyhow, its still up to you. If you want a GOOD game, try FF7, FF6, FF4(not quite as good - story is great but the translation sux...), or Chrono Trigger. If you want a PRETTY game, try FFX, FFX-2 or FFXII when it comes out. And FYI, FFX-2 is the sequil to FFX, whereas FFXII is just another final fantasy.