Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gils????

Default Gils????

What the hell are gils???? As in cheap FFIX gils
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You mean FF XI not IX and its pritty much allowing you to buy gil with real money for this online game however at the mo theres alot of controversy over it as the people they employ to collect the gil have been spawn camping and such causing nasty problems

But it short its buying online money with real money
    FOA

Whats the point????
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

To use the gil in FFXI, which can be extremely hard to get. But I agree, what's the point? There has been a LOT of debates about this on the internet and people trying to take on companies that sell this service.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Anyone who uses real money to buy gil is a sad, sad person. Sure it can be hard to come by but just go out and fight for it. Your alreaady paying to play the game.

Cost of the game = $12.95 USD per month.
    Cost of buying Gil online = Avg $400 USD per Million.

I find it pathetic and throughly insulting. If people really have that much money to waste they should just send it to me... Although they're obviously too lazy to go to that kind of effort, what seeing as though they want to play the game without actually playing a major part of it and all, for example.

I dont support Gil buying as it is against the TOS and bothers some players.

However looking at many perspectives...i know some ppl buy gil becuase of the limited time they have..and thats their argument. You can say thats dumb but its also their time farming vs the time they are "farming" while getting money. So they are saving time that sense for those who work long hours or whatever.

Its still not my thing and i personally dont do it..fastest way is to lvl a craft real high, and you get money. So if anything if you buy gil..please invest it to crafting at least so you dont have to buy again =/

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Ladies and gentlemen as you might all have experienced, inflation rates on most servers are going up, and espicially my server, sylph where as items have increased by 6 mil gil over a period of 2 weaks. The problem we face is quite simple, a series of bots (if you are in sylph type /sea all hai, and type /sea all kx) camp NMs 24/7 making it impossible for normal players to actually get the NM, this means that those botters will own every rare item of that type in the AH. Now when 9/10 of the rare items are owned by 1 person he can raise the price as high as he wants, forcing us to buy his gil online to actually purchase these items, ofcorse we are purchasing his gil with our money, to simply give it back by buying his item, which results in the decrease of gil prices due to high demand, but the increase of the prices of items in the game also due to high demand. If average players like us do not push square-enix to do something, either square enix will loose alot of gamers, (7 of my r/l friends quit cuza this ) and we would have to buy gil online to purchase items, since most low lvld synthesis requires lots of gil that people depend on either from BCNM or these rare NM drops they can not get.

Also those chinese ppl whom we call bots, are actually bribed and arnt paid very much, they are told in exchange for playing the game for free, they must farm gil and give it to them, if you are on sylph server simply contact me, i know quite a bunch of them there.

Please complain to square enix today.
    Last edited by evil-maniac; 11-16-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Complaining to Squeenix hasn't worked, and it's not going to start. Therefore I prefer doing similarly ineffectual but infinitely more satisfying things like /slapping every apple* life* or jw* that I come across.

! 4M T3H G!LLZ M4$t3R!!!!!!111!!one!11one!111eleven!!!!!!!!!111!1

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're a loony.

Inflation also means how much people can pay. After all, i know that many ppl say the quests are not worth it at all, and indeed at the current value of gil, they arent. But obviously around the start - mid stages of the server, these quests prolly did contribute enough gil into the economy and was substantial.

Because of the current value of gil, people can afford Sniper Rings at such a high cost(i think 950K at midgard), in new servers like Remora or Hades, they are sold at 65K. Why? No one has alot of gil like into the millions yet. And of course, not enough people like to lose gil to help the economy so..bleh. The people camping stropper dont help.

I dont see why we automatically label them as chinese, i mean i understand where you get them, but they cannot be all chinese -_-;

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Default hmm

im claiming that most gil farmers that work for online gil selling sites are chinese. And if i read the dates correctly, in Rabao on my server, the AH claims that 2 years ago sniper rings where sold at 6k a ring.

yet again square enix must do something if it realizes that a few thousand players are un-satisfied with the entire online gil thing, especially that WoW is now 5 days from massive release for massive online gaming ^^ i am 100% sure if blizzard was incharge of running this game, IGE would have been shut down by now since they managed to chase down shadow-french, and contact hosting companies aswell as ISPs simply to shut down sites that uploaded his software for public download.

the major problems in this gil raise are those gil farmers and the increase of players in servers after the european release, now mining and harvesting are impossible, its harder than camping an NM, and chances of getting a NM when fighting japanese who are like 2 blocks away from the servers, or the chinese who have wayyy better latency to those servers than we do, is really impossible, this leaves us with 1 option and thats crafting, but how can we craft if we cant farm, camp nms, or mine =/ ?

and fishing is out of the question, it took me a week of fishing to get 1 lvl up, so its really BS, also smithing, im lvl 30 and there is no possible way i can profit until now unless i go mine (which is impossible :P) or can preform critical synths to either make +1 items or double the amount of something.

Whether they are mostly chinese or not i still find that highly prejudical that someone that is gilfarming like that is automatically labeled as chinese. I personally take offense since i am one(chinese not gil seller), becuase its an unfair generalization.

2 years ago? Isnt that around the release of the Japanese version when it first came out? If that is so, then i wouldnt be surprised if there is "cheap" rings. The thing is, gil isnt pumped into the economy yet, with each passing rank/quest/whatever, more gil is pumped into the economy, and eventually items will inflate to the current price unless there was enough substantial gil loss. So i dont feel that just cuz it was 6K back then, makes it different now...sure 6K isnt that hard to get, but it was under an entire different economy to my eyes.

I still would think IGE will eventually in the comming months camp WoW too for their currency. If none of the other developers of MMOs have done anything(whether they tried to or not or simply cannot is another matter), i dont see how WoW would be differnet.

There are many ways to get money, and if you got like 1 week fishing to get lvl 1, something is wrong...i got like one day, .5 fishing up. I dont see how hard it can be, read a book, talk to LS, and when you lvl it up enough you can get decent money assuming you arent fishing inside cities.

In my server, i dont feel anyone is necessarily overcamping, camp at off times if its that bad. So far my DRG in my LS, all he can say that he loves Gugsen, and how its been funding him pretty well with Darksteel ores. Sometimes Valkurm Emperor will be packed, and sometimes its a desert where i can wander around and take it with no one around for an hour or so. Obviously, if Snipers and Archers are still being sold, theres no reason to the sellers why they should reduce the price as people are in demand. Personally i feel the European influx is too little...and at times where i dont even see them awake when i play. O.o

Other ways are BCNMs, one of em is crafting like you said, basic farming also works, some WHMs Teleport Taxi, and other stuff. NM camping is just one way to get money.

People keep saying we can do this or that, i would like to see if SE will really respond to us and tell us exactly what they are going to do. So far i feel that they either cant or wont do something. Meh.

EDIT: somethingi seen on another forum

Heh, conspiracy theory huh. Well do you know the reason why IGE can defy the copyright (EULA) and not be penalized?

It's obvious if you have read the International Copyright Treaties from the Berne Convention. As far as databases go the copyright protects how the data travels and the database itself is structured. It does not cover what data is passing through. That means as long as you create an International Condition for it (Having a company outside of were SE's offices are, USA, JAPAN, EUROPE) then you can disregard the EULA in terms of were it says it's illegal to sell anything from the game for real currancy.

IGE has done that if you look at their About Us page. Their administration office is in the US yeah, but the office actually doing all the trade and distribution and such is stationed in Hong Kong. Their website even states that, damn the server and website itself were all the transactions are done is in Hong Kong. I know I tracked it's IP Address, it's registered in Hong Kong.
    Last edited by Lionx; 11-20-2004 at 03:52 AM.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

i have chinese friends dont worry ;D infact my most trusted friend is chinese so im not really some anti-chinese racist person ;D and yea it was when the japanese version was out, when only a few players owned a copy that prices where that low and decent.

as for BCNM, no one really wants a samurai (job discrimination ;D) so i must find gil through smithing, which is also hard since i must mine ores, which cant be mined since "gil farmers" are like camping every spot in the grotto. this means i must lvl 10 more levels of smithing and i will start making some fast gil, but getting to lvl 40 smithing is not easy since i have already spent about 1.6 mil gil to lvl it up to 30 and am broke atm.

and fishing is too boring... especially the delay =/ thats extremely annoying, it also levels slowly, but doenst require alot of gil, it requires alot of time unlike the other crafts, the only reasond id fish is to fish up some rusty caps, and some rusty picks

iv heard discussions on several linkshells about the haix brothers (8 brothers who camp NMs 4 gil, i know them through a japanese friend) but they train other campers, and in return campers kill mobs in the place the lvl 50 NM that drops peacock charm is to reset the timer and piss off the gil farmers.

but yet again GMs are sleeping =/ i blame the GMs, they dont even ban fish botters =/ square-enix should develop a team of people to actually monitor economical problems on servers, and note down people's public comments and atleast, if they can not stop the gil farmers, try to lower prices in any way possible, i mean 9 million gil for peacock charm.. i know its an extremely rare drop, since it spawns once every 24 hours, but only people who are at really high levels in gold smithing and other crafting can afford an item that expensive, since normal, average farming wont get you a cm closer to getting one of those.