Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any NASCAR Fans?

Default Any NASCAR Fans?

I was jut wondering if there was any nascar fans. For myself i am a fan and i watch it every week if i can.

Blog Entries

I play the games everyonc in a while with my dad.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Me! Someone say something interesting about it now so I can comment.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

RSL is. I am off and on. My dad likes it a lot. I don't care for it much this year what with the various changes, such as how only 10 guys can compete for the championship.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unne, under the old points system there would be at most only 3 people with a legitimate chance at the championship. More likely two and a lot of the time it is already wrapped up by now.

But anyway, yeah, I'm a pretty big NASCAR fan, but I've discovered that most peope at EoFF are not.

My favorite driver is Mark Martin.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I felt the same way Unne, until I talked to my dad about it and this actually does make more sense to me now.

Something that's really been bothering me recently are the schedule changes for next year. Basically, they won't be racing at all in Rockingham, and only one in Darlington. I understand that they're trying to branch out and reach a larger, diversified audience, but these tracks are where NASCAR started out in the first place. I don't think it's very nice, or very smart, to treat your core fanbase like that by taking away their favorite traditions.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree. Not to mention that the tracks replacing them are your generic 1.5 mile cookie cutter ovals.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Doesn't it kind of suck though that for the rest of the seaon, everyone except those ten drivers have nothing to shoot for? I know it'd be a long-shot anyways, but at least they weren't OFFICIALLY disqualified from winning the championship. It's the spirit of the thing. The less rules the better.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Nascar is the most retarded of all races. Lets drive around in a huge circle...ooooh boy!

Le Mans racing is where it's at. Lots of twists and turns so there are far more chances for people to take a lead or catch up. They also don't always race on a "race track" and the tracks extend on to real every day roads.

I like the part when they turn left. That's AWESOME.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I like Nascar, But I would love it if Jeff Gordon(sp) and Tony Stewert didnt race. I hate those drivers!
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Nascar is the most retarded of all races. Lets drive around in a huge circle...ooooh boy!

Le Mans racing is where it's at. Lots of twists and turns so there are far more chances for people to take a lead or catch up. They also don't always race on a "race track" and the tracks extend on to real every day roads.
    I find that road courses generally don't offer much opportunity for passing. There are plenty of lead changes in NASCAR.

You can say "All they do is go around in circles, oh boy". I can say "You like football? All they do is run back and forth on a big yard all day, oh boy". Or "You like baseball? They hit a ball with a stick and run in a circle, oh boy". Sports are inherently simple.

The engineering that goes into race cars is a lot of what interests me, and the physics involved. It's amazing how much physics even the announcers go into. Drafting and downforce and turn radius etc. etc. An inch difference here or there on the car can mean a good car or bad car.

Articles

I'm not a really huge fan of NASCAR, but I guess you could say I'm kind of a fringe fan.

It's all about Kevin Harvick.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    It's all about Kevin Harvick.
    My brother isn't in this form (in other ff forms) but i think you two will get along just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    But anyway, yeah, I'm a pretty big NASCAR fan, but I've discovered that most peope at EoFF are not.
    I would make a guess why but people might get mad.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Dr. Unne you misunderstand me. I never said 'off road' course. What I mean is that the race track they are on extends out of the "stadium" and moves onto your everyday roads in some cases. The roads are all still very well paved but because it goes off into more controlled turning and not just super fast speeds the wrong brake time gives others the chance to pass much more often and I find that it does.

The only sport I can activily watch(and not even all the time) is basketball. Everything else I can't sit down and even watch a full game most of the time. I get bored way too fast and find my self doing something else.

I agree that the engineering is quite instesting in racing of all kinds but I don't have to watch Nascar to be interested in something like that. Thats backend stuff I can look up if I am so inclined.