Thread: SW: Battlefront. To buy or not to buy?

Default SW: Battlefront. To buy or not to buy?

Ok, I am one mayor Star Wars fan, I have all the movies on tape (not DVD), all the books (that came out in the Netherlands) and I even write my own Star Wars stories.

Now I have seen footage of Battlefront. My jaw dropped on the floor, when I saw it. And while the dog walked away with my jaw, I was more and more impressed. Ok, so I think maybe I should buy it. But now comes the (maybe) big disadvangte (or however you write it) I have a PS2, but I cannot go on the net. Now do I know, that there is a Single Player mode with bots, but how many bots are this? And is the Single Player mode worth of playing (I already think so)? Please fellow gamers and Final Fantasy fans, help me out here.

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Rent it my friend, from your local video renting store, and let the glory of renting games you are unsure of buying wash over you like an ectoplasmic wave.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

I havent had a chance to play this yet but I here the single player mode isnt the greatest. All I heard was that the bots were stupid and wasnt real fun, But this is coming from a die-hard Halo fanboy sooooo...Im not sure. I would get it though if I was a huge star wars fan regardless what reviews say.
    I'm Metcloud and I approved this message

the single player is fun for a day or 2 bit it is lacking and the ai is a bit daft.

id recomend hiring it :P

Blog Entries

is it comming out for PC?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it already was out for PC.

Blog Entries

I dunno it wasn't at walmart the other day.

I bought it, and I was just amazed. It is really a very very good game. Thank you for your advice, but I like it very much

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar
    is it comming out for PC?

It it does then ill buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Play with your friends there with you in split screen, the true fun of it comes out then believe me.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend rented it and brought it over last night. Split screen is fun, but the controls seem too complicated to me. I had a hard time running straight and aiming. I've never been too good withe both analog sticks (ps2). But it was pretty fun. I don't think I'll buy it though.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

If you're a big SW fan, it's worth it. I got it on Xbox and I play online with Xbox Live. It's great! Some of my friends who play only offline say it's worth it. Rent it 1st I guess.

Buy Battlefront great game PS2/XB

Proof
    My score: 4.5/5
    OPM magazine: 4.5/10
    EGM magazine: 8.0, 8.0, 9.0 out of 10
    PSM magazine: I believe it's fun factor was 4.5/5

So every review points in the postive directions buy it now and what makes it better is ONLINE PLAY! YAY!!!