Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HOLY FREAKING CRAP, NEW FFVII PS2 GAME!!!

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

mmhmm. the only FF i can't see with a sequel would ahve to be nine. It' had a happy fluffy ending, all nice and pieced together. FFVII finished in the middle of an apocalypse, and FFVIII resolved without ever tying up loose ends with time compression and seifers story, etc. and FF X finished with the "death" of the main character, and the other character in tears. those just lend themselves to sequels like i dunno what. My guess is FFVIII is on the list for the future.

as a side point, does anyone realize that Kingdom Hearts was probably a strategic point? seriously.....re introduce ALL the old characters in high res, get the nonstalgia going for cloud and yuffie and aerith and cid? ....THEN release movies and sequels? this is ALSO what makes me think FFVIII is coming. Seriously, think about it. I know after i played that i had a hankering for the old FF's, and it WOULD be a sly way to build up a desire for sequels.

Then Again, maybe they were testing the waters? Would gamers respond to seeing the old characters again in a new game, with a different role and story? then after it was succesful, all hell broke loose with the sequelness, because people WOULD buy it for the characters. (seriously, how many of you woulda bought it without squall and cloud in it? a DISNEY game.... seriously....)

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

u forget to include ffI-VI in your analysis of whether there could be a sequel lol.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Sorry, but this doesn't really excite me. The novelty of extending existing storylines has worn off, and I can't see this game living up to everyone's huge expectations. It might be good, but it probably won't be great.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Blog Entries

I'm not excited. Square goes along at a nice pace until FFX, when they spin-off FFX-2, then they make all these 'Tactics' games, CC for GAMECUBE, then there are rumours of a film for FFVII, and a sequel for FFVII, ALL BEFORE FFXI IS RELEASED(in europe).

And all of these games really were generally rubbish (FFX-2, tactics).

It's all phsychology. You see the new game out, you know it won't be as good as the original, but buy it anyway because you just HAVE to know what happens next.

If AC is bad, I will stop buying these waste of time spin-offs.

there was a picture here

Wait a minute. Tactics for the ps was a good game. Tactics advanced, well, lets just say imo i couldn't finish the game. Almost everyone who liked/likes FFVII is excited about the movie, just read any of it's forums. But the two new games, though, most people are just like...'eh, it's there, i'll try it, unlike the movie were alot of ppl are like 'ohmygosh,' about it.

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

I think if they made FFVII: Beach Vollyball Im gonna think that they really hit the bottom of the barrel.

I didn't even know they were actually having a sequel...!!! I want Cloud to be the main character ;_;...
    What's a jellicle cat?

If you read the first post or any other FF news you would know the game is based around vincent.

yeah no really

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I'm approaching this the same way I'm approaching Advent Children. With cautious apprehension. IMO, it will go one of two ways:
    1.) Absolutely to die for. I mean, they hav, in both cases, a very strong storyline to work from.
    2.) Absolute Crap. The law of sequels people, and this one has some mighty big shoes to fill.

I figure when/if it comes out, I'll give it a rent.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

sounds like a plan

They'd better do a better job than they did with FFX-2.

I don't mind the idea of a sequel to this game. I don't love it either. FF7 was one of the best Final Fantasy's, but I reckon they should have left it at the movie Advent Children.

Yeah, I think that Squenix need to stop faffing about rehashing old ideas and get cracking on the next FF!

Blog Entries

But they are...FFXII has yet to be released.