Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HOLY FREAKING CRAP, NEW FFVII PS2 GAME!!!

Sounds great. =) *excited*
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's funny that AC hasn't even come out yet and a few people are acting like it's already been and gone. Before Crisis only came out the other day, too. Yet there seems to be this pre-emptive sense of gloom, as though some people have already played - and been disappointed by - all of the upcoming FFVII sequels.

Often, it's better to wait and see what something's like before dismissing it out of hand.

"OMG, some hairy twerp from New Zealand is making three movies based on that old 1950s fantasy story. How lame! One movie's more than enough, but it's doomed to suck anyway because it couldn't possibly be good".

in guess you got a point BigD...i think my mom said that people who read the book's didn't think the movies'd be any good, and they were wrong...so who knows, we may be wrong about these games and movie as well

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whether AC, BC and DoC are going to be good or bad, it's hard to say 'cause we haven't seen 'em yet. They might be astounding successes, they might suck outright. It'll end up being a matter of personal opinion as much as anything, but I reckon it's important to give them a chance, first.

Of course, many people mightn't like the idea of an FFVII sequel; that, however, doesn't mean they'll hate the sequels when they actually come out

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i am definitly one of those ppl. i,m so worried they will ruin the ffVII story. but i cant judge till i play it...and it may well kick ass yet.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

here here i agree

Lets help Arche-witten rule teh universe!!1!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even if AC ends with Cloud transforming into a butterfly and flying away to Magical Fairly La-La Land to live with the Happy Pretty Elves of Doom... FFVII itself will remain the same. Whatever they decide to do in the sequels, it can't really change the original story. If the sequels turn out to be utter poopie, then we can just ignore them and pity Square for messing up a chance to build on a past success.

definitly. if they suck, then they will be disregarded as having never happened!
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I'm not saying that "OMG teh suk 'cause they're sequels". I am almost certain they are probably going to be great. My only problem is that they are using FFVII to much. I loved the game, but I'd rather see a new story, then based on the same thing.

Rubedo: No offense, and this is just our opinion. Granted, I will still get the game, play it, and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubedo
    chaos: I'm not saying that "OMG teh suk 'cause they're sequels". I am almost certain they are probably going to be great. My only problem is that they are using FFVII to much. I loved the game, but I'd rather see a new story, then based on the same thing.

Rubedo: No offense, and this is just our opinion. Granted, I will still get the game, play it, and enjoy it.
    thats exactly my feeling. even if it is good, i dont think it will come close to the original. i think they should put more energy into ensuring ffXIII and ffXIV are really good

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: Exactly! Rather than overusing the perfect FF, try to create something just like it, or even closer. I would rather want a great FF, than another sequel. Although, I still think the sequels are pretty cool, but apparently, they are putting them ahead of FFXII.

There just milking it 4 all its worth. its there right i guess, as long as it does not become like the star wars situation...shudder...

I think that if Square Enix made a sequel to VI where it shows the trials of the mother and father of Terra and it would then show how the Esper World got destroyed then I'd actually give them credit.

i,d prefer an ffVI remake (without voices) though...

Oh yeah? Well, I'd prefer an FFVII remake with voice overs .

:shoot: