Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Blog Entries

Ok, I just defeated Kefka in Narshe.

Oh, that's to bad. But I can write down all my stats and stuff when I'm done if you want.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 09-20-2004 at 08:54 PM.

Yeah, that would be great. I'm glad to see you're progressing =P I just wanted to inform you, since I don't know when you'll get there, but there is a really involved methodology that goes into picking Shadow up at the beginning of the Floating Continent. To keep true to the challenge you have to leave Gau in the veldt so his levels won't factor in to Shadow's when you pick up him up, but since you'll probably need Gau get past the Imperial Air Force you have to skip him the first time, jump back onto the airship at the end of the floating continent, leap off Gau, jump back onto the continent and then you can progress. Just making sure you don't make the mistake I had to replay hours of gameplay because I originally screwed up. Also be aware that the imperial air force will make you want to pull your own skull out of your head and smash it against the screen, yes it's THAT frusterating, be prepared =P

Blog Entries

Thanx for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Hmmm... was a while since I played this game last time... I don't remember much of air force... is Gau really that necessary?

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Thanx for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Hmmm... was a while since I played this game last time... I don't remember much of air force... is Gau really that necessary?
    potnetially so! Air force was the only enemy in the WOB to make me see the game over screen. not 2 mention u have ultros and chupon before it too. goodluck...
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Gau is one of your best characters for awhile, especially in the World of Balance because you should have him learn all the rages you possibly can, rages like Marshal and Stray Cat are priceless because they let you do moves like Air Slash and Cat Scratch which are high damaging moves you wouldn't be able to even think about doing at the levels you're at. You can also get lots of rages that will let you cast tons of second level spells you would never be able to cast with your MP like Gau will. His Marshal rage is going to be pretty important for beating the Imperial Air Force... You have to fight about 8 consecutive battles, each one is a pincer attack, and there is 3 strong enemies in each battle. They can use the move ABSOLUTE ZERO which will indefinately kill all of your members in one hit. This is my advice, make someone extremely fast with equipment (Locke is probably best for this) Then equip him with the Siren esper so right at the beginning of every battle have him cast Siren for group silence. Now that you can't be killed by Absolute Zero, have gau rage marshall and hope you can stay alive. A couple of air slashes should take them out. Good luck on this, I had to try this part numerous times, because if you screw up you have to start all over, and you have to fight bosses right after you kill the air force, so if you lose to them, you have to start all over. It's a huge pain in the ass. I would say it's probably up there with the first Ultros, maybe even harder. I'm not sure.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

A question on strategies and such: Do you typically earn as many spells in the WOB as you can in the Veldt? Or is Gau strong enough to hold the party up on his own?
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Ok, I think I'll be using Gau... but I'm going with my own strats.

Nah, Gau is pretty handy at times, but you need more power than that, especially on a few bosses which you have to drain their MP to death. Personally, every time I got a new esper, or new possibility for giving someone a spell, I took it and everyone always had every spell they could possibly have at all times. I wanted to be very versatile if I had to be. I'm sure you could probably get by without being so... Complete... A few of the members I never even used, but they still knew everything.

Blog Entries

Now I'm in the empire base! Just beated Ifrit and Shiva. But it took me about 4 tries because of Ifrits blaze attack which killed my whole party in 1 hit.

I think Ultros second battle was the easiest boss so far... if you not include the first boss that is.

Yeah I had a little bit of trouble with Ifrit and Shiva also. Well it looks like you're going to be getting to the mine cart ride soon. Forced experience sucks, eh? Try to let Gau take a majority of this exp, it's no easy task, but the more he gets the better. Equip him with Zoneseek so he gains +2 to magic for each time he levels up during this. GOOD LUCK! I sure needed it.

Blog Entries

I killed all the tunelarmours with only Gau alive but the last one before the boss. I used Gaus bomb rage since it absorbs fire dammage and the tunelarmours use fire and fire2 alot. Beated the boss on my second try. I had more problem with the crane things but i beated those too. I'm currently collecting magic points and GP in the Veldt.

Cool! What strategy did you use for the cranes, just out of curiosity?

Blog Entries

It was pretty much about luck. Edgar had the autoreflect relic so he didn't get hit by the magics and I had Gau with the bomb rage. Since Gau was healed by the right crane he didn't die and I focused on the left one first. The Blaze attacked did about 800+ dammage to the left one and I got that earth snake summon with Setzer once. However, when the left crane was killed I only had Gau and Edgar alive. Gau died once because of Iron ball but I revived him and I was lucky because the crane used a phsycical attack that was blocked by sheild and then I healed him with a potion and used the Marshal rage and Chainsaw until it died.

Wow, nice job! That battle was tough!

Blog Entries

Indeed it was. By the way, I got a question on the FFX challange. Check it out and answere.