Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Low Level Challenge (This whole thread may contain spoilers)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    This way, this easy game acctually becomes a challang instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must have only their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards is not allowed to be refined into items. You is not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc) is allowed. No other forms of junctioning. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junktionings are allowed.

So mainly... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card :evilking: . In the very begining it's not so hard but since the monsters also lvl up...

And finally... defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without "the end" ofcourse).
    I made this challange a pretty long time ago. It's far from the hardest but (in my opinion) by far the funniest. And Omega Weapon (who use to ba a patetic ant) is actually EXTREMELY hard when you battle him in this challange. And Ultima Weapon... is a hell as well and require alot of luck.

Also, there's a FFVII challange which is to beat the game without materia, only first weapon and armour + solo character. That's pretty hard.

You could also try to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon without materia.

If you want to know a challange for some specific game, then just tell me.

Oh, and did you beat the fanatics tower?

Sounds cool, Final Fantasy VIII is one of my favorite games of all time, maybe I will attempt that challenge. Oh, and yes, in my Low Level game I defeated all bosses and did all side quests. Fanatics tower included, it was actually incredible simple. First time I moogle charmed to the top, although I went back to fight magic urns so gau could learn his magic urn rage and I killed all of the level ** magic enemies also, Level 90 magic is the only challenge.

Magimaster is a PUSH-OVER :P

Okay time for me to take off, I'll be back in a few hours.

Blog Entries

Ops... I completely forgot that the moogle charm existed. Yea, FT is very easy with moogle charm.

It looks like no one else is interested in Low Level games ; ; I was really hoping for more interest haha, oh yeah. You can't win em all, eh?

Blog Entries

I, forgot to tell you... aeris2001x2 will do this... but not as a challange... he just want to get all the stats boosting espers before he level up... so I guess he won't beat the whole game at low levels. He wants to max the stats of the characters as much as possible. He just hasn't been online since before you made this tread.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i,m interested and posted yesterday but it got deleted and i,m too annoyed 2 repost just yet.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yeah, few posts got lost. Bummer.
    Anyways, I'll justsummarize my thoughts and what I can remember with: This challenge looks interstering, I'll have to try it after I finish up my walkthrough for my site.
    Figaro Castle

Posts lost, saddening... Oh well, the main thing is that I made this college to answer questions, show how my game turned out, how you might aim for yours to turn out... OH YEAH and to show off. =P

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/ne...us-collage.jpg

Enjoy!

wow, that is SO COOL! Necronopticous= ffVI GOD :jap: .

i,m just wondering what is the ULTIMATE LOWEST level i can get to the WOR with all 14 characters and all espers?

i really want all characters 2 have 100% complete under there names in the bonus section (on the psx version). how do i achieve that?
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

If you look in my collage you will see the lowest levels I could possibly attain for all characters, I had all espers at this point and all side quests and side bosses beat, etc. A guide on gameFAQs says you can have most of your people at level 6, but I honestly can't imagine it, I did EVERYTHING I possibly could to get those level 7s, So 6 is the lowest possible, 7 is the lowest probable... And even that was a pain in the ass at times.

Also you should know that some characters will inevitably be higher... Like I said, my levels are pretty much the lowest, if anything subtract 1 level from mine and you _MAY_ be able to achieve that. Don't ask me how though, this was the best I could do in all circumstances, or so it seemed /sigh

FINAL FANTASY VI GOD! I don't know about that, but thanks for the kind compliments! I am definately the Final Fanasy God (of freaks that love Square with an undying passion) =P

yeah i think the colleage looks correct. its just u mentioned earlier u put all the forced exp on Gau. thats why he is so high right? i was wondering if i could just spread it across all characters.

Here is the thing, it's FAR better to put all of the EXP on Gau because you can leap him off at times when you pick up characters and their levels are re-calculated. If you distribute the experience, be prepared to have lots of level 10's etc. It's an okay choice to let Gau have the experience because even at the first point where you have to gain experience you already have the Zoneseek esper, which means you can equip it to him to get +2 to magic when he gains those levels. Since you'll probably raise magic on him at the end, there is no esper that gives more than 2 to magic, so it works out anyway.

wow u really know your stuff. thanks. i feel i have the confidence 2 try this now.

Glad I could help, I am in total support of this challenge, so if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer them. You should know that I originally started this challenge for the same reason you did. But I think after getting all the way to the end, you'll do just like I did. Branch off and have one file for finishing the game lowlevel and one for making ultimate characters. The reason is, it actually is alot of fun to do this, and you will want to finish after coming so far so you can brag about it =P

I hope you go all the way through on it. But it's up to you of course =P

EDIT: I plan on really sitting down and figuring out the best way to spend every level up wisely and really figure out what stats will produce the best characters I can possibly have, I already took Terra to level 99 with Odin equipped the whole way just to see how crazy it would be to have an insanely fast character, I put haste on her and used all +speed equipment, it was pretty awesome... But that was just a test. If you want to sort it all out with me sometime maybe we could both come up with a way to produce the best end results. Let me know.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by aeris2001x2
    i really want all characters 2 have 100% complete under there names in the bonus section (on the psx version). how do i achieve that?
    To get your characters 100% they must have all magic and have learned all abilities for their special "action", i.e. all blitzes for Sabin, SwordTechs for Cyan, etc... I don't know if Gau has to learn all the Rages for 100% but I think so. Also, I don't know if you must be level 99 to get 100% either.
    Figaro Castle