Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLose to 30 im going a bazzare combo

im realy gonna try. i want a good combo so ill try all of em to see wich one i like. good thing this spring breaks cpming up
    "What is a mans real dream but to wield a sword and fight for his country. Today a mans dream is to be rich and famouse. the world has changed but i intend to balance it with my blade" - Scifer

So you'll be saying goodbye to life?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

hahahah na im gonna be playin b-ball and lacrose in the morning and play all night so ill still have a life....hopefully.
    "What is a mans real dream but to wield a sword and fight for his country. Today a mans dream is to be rich and famouse. the world has changed but i intend to balance it with my blade" - Scifer

im realy gonna try. i want a good combo so ill try all of em to see wich one i like. good thing this spring breaks cpming up
    Well if your really going to try, a bizarre combo usually wont net you invites. Thats all i am going to say, if you are playing seriously, try a combination that has been tested and proven it will work great. If you can try to do something else good thats great! But thats usually impossible since this game has been out more than 2 years and people had these combos out for a reason. Thats all i can say.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

see wat i decided was that im gonna go ninja/smn just for fun, you know to farm and stuff. and then im gonna got ninja/drkn to see how that goes if it doesnt go well then im gonna go smn/whm.

Actually, RDM/NIN makes a pretty good combo if you want to be mainly a malee RDM on support healing. Especially when you get Duel Weild, you can equit two Ctr Swords at lvl30 or two Holy Swords at lvl36.

NIN/SMN I would say is the bad combo, if you want to have some fun with your character then I would suggest maybe DRK/RDM as thats a rare, but powerful combo(also highly loved once you get to PT with one)
    After all this time, my 60 by 60 avatar site still lives...Clicky?

smn/whm.
    Prefered in a party.

ninja/drkn to see how that goes
    I really dont know why you want this...NIN are to tank for the most part and without WAR sub you cannot provoke and keep the hate onto you(and they have trouble with that as it is). Plus NIN=No MP, so ur MP is gimped as well as your abilities.

RDM/NIN makes a pretty good combo if you want to be mainly a malee RDM on support healing
    Dude why is a RDM meleeing on basic circumstances. You have to know RDMs are MAGES and not melee, they are not the jack of all trades(not in this game), they have better skills in melee than other mages, but not like PLD or WAR dmg. THey can never ever be as strong as one and can do horrible dmg and miss alot as lvl goes up. If i want melee theres TONS of other jobs(WAR,MNK,THF,DRK,SAM,DRG,NIN). You arent invited for your melee, but for your spells so focus on them.

RDM=Dispel, Refresh(primary), and Enfeeble with little healing on the side.

DRK/RDM as thats a rare, but powerful combo(also highly loved once you get to PT with one)
    Explain how its powerful...i like to see the abilities and traits it can gain that would help a pt as opposed to a WAR, THF, or SAM sub.

EDIT: http://b.ffxionline.com/forums/showt...threadid=29551

Nm read this thread on the DRK/RDM. Too bad they stopped posting in it for one reason or another, i can just say its good at early, but later i wont like the combination.
    Last edited by Lionx; 04-03-2004 at 02:57 AM.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Just remember, you need to be level 30 by the time you get NIN and the such. So you may change your mind during them levels, as they are the learning levels.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

well i hit lv 30 last week thursday. i did the drk quest and i love the drk. its so easy to solo and i chain like he!!$ i use both great sword and scythe. i like to switch them back and forth. im currently geting the ruby for smn. its soo hard to get it..... i had 2 lv 60 on my team and still i got nuthing. well anyway im deciding to go drk/smn cause of the mp.

You really do know that DRKs dont use Magic that very often offensively right? They use it to Drain, Aspir, Absorb (some random stat) and to Magic Burst right? Skilled DRK=Renkei and MB DRK.

Statistically and party-wise i dont like this combination...not to be offensive, but as a damage dealer(tons of them), they are oftentimes picked last and with that odd combination, i am sure you will be waiting for parties more than 5 hours straight after lvl 30 where the mobs get tougher and the cut off point for goofing around starts. But i wont stop you since its your choice, but to be realistic, i really dont see any point to /SMN in a DRK...even for the MP. Offensive magic? Leave to to RDM and BLM.

EDIT: Here read this, it shows you everything you need to know to be a successful DRK The reason when it talks about subs and only lists WAR, THF and SAM as subs, already sho you that those are the only subs that bring out and maximizes the DRKs potential.

http://b.ffxionline.com/forums/showt...threadid=23917
    Last edited by Lionx; 04-16-2004 at 12:33 AM.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Thanks for that link Lionx. I've been thinking about giving Dark Knight as my first advanced job when i'm able to take on the quest. This will help me prepare. =)

Thanks for that link Lionx. I've been thinking about giving Dark Knight as my first advanced job when i'm able to take on the quest. This will help me prepare. =)
    Thanks ^^

One more thing i wanted to add...RESEARCH your job in every single way before you start it and then end up screwing up and stuff like that.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

yes i do see your point. i subbed bst in the starting just for fun but it sucked. i mean your not gona want to waste time charming the monster and telling it to atack. so then i went smn. altho carbi is a good help i think that drk is a stand alone soloer til lv 10 or so. iv chained alot with him and im lv 8 and taking on Ts in wadi with no prob. well thats my advanced job choice for farming and having fun with.im working on ninja quest now so i can sub it for rdm. i found that a ninja sub for rdm is realy helpful considering you can dual wied 2 broad swords or centurion swords. and you can gain the effect of the EN spells to wich will make the atack look kooler. but broad swords cast about 8k so i might sell my fire sword or just buy 1 broad sword with my fire sword.

I swear what is with the RDM/NINs? After lvl 20 your melee only goes one way. DOWN. It misses like crap and in the end you do 10 dmg max while every other melee does 40+ or whatever. RDMs are mages in the end, i see too man stupid RDM combinations like /NIN or /WAR after the lvl 30 mark when i wouldnt take just any subjob. You arent there to melee as RDM anymore, lvl both WHM and BLM and sub it depending in the circumstances. At around lvl 25 RDMs rarely melee, and at lvl 30 none really do unless the monster doesnt have an Area ATtack(which is rare). RDM attk=0dmg with additional 0dmg added on. En spells are for soloing, not exping. /NIN isnt a worthwhile sub for a RDM period, just shows alot of ppl that you dont know what your doing.

You can do just about whatever in the first 20 lvls and maybe up to 30, but after maybe a bit around lvl 33...your sub starts mattering and things take a dramatic change especially in mob difficulty.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

i know youve been telling me that on every post youve posted. im stubbord i like the combo its a fun one. im a lv 7 ninja right know and i love it. i think that dula weild gives the rdm more style and the fun level will rise. i will post again to tell you if its good or not but i doubt it wont be any good.