Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your first Final Fantasy vs. your favorite

The first Final Fantasy I played was indeed FF1 and while it holds a certain place in my heart, it just doesn't hold a candle in my opinion to my favorite one, which is FF8.

I think it's generally a split for some people, where a good portion of the folks end up making the first Final Fantasy their favorite because it introduced them into the world of it all. They learned everything while playing the game and it allowed them to become more adapt at playing later or earlier games afterwards.

Then, on the flip side, other people play one Final Fantasy, either enjoy, or don't enjoy it, then decide to try a different one and fall in love with that one instead. Maybe because it's different from the first one they played, or they might just enjoy it more. Or maybe it augments things from the first game they played in a way they enjoy more. It's tough to say, but to each their own I say.

Take care all.

I played FF8 first, but that was borrowing it from a friend and I really bit at it. The first one I really played was FF7, and it is my favorite FF of all time. Nothing can beat it for me. Though FF9 and 10 were good, and FF8 was O.K. Also, FF1 rocks... My head hurts...

My first Final Fantasy was VIII. I was hooked when I first saw it's great graphics, but as the story went along I kinda got bored with it only playing it once and a while. Then I played VII, which is my now my favorite.
    “What exactly is immortal? What does it mean? To live forever? Is that possible if we all age? Does forever have a physical form? Then what does it look like? I hope I never find out. But forever can’t be true…can it? At least not to us. We say that we’ll always be together forever, but for us mortals we die eventually leaving everyone. Is forever a lie? Or is it a riddle granted only to those immortal to find its answer?”--Dsodem Glalaxien

First: FFI
    Favorite: FFT/FF3

Sorry, it is too close to make a decision. If i coudl remember which FF it was i played GB...that woudl be favorite.
    :megaman: MM X3...10$
    :magus: Chrono Trigger....20$
    :mog: FF3...25$
    Beating your freinds with a bamboo pole when they ask for the 50th time to borrow it all...Priceless :laughing:

My First was IX, and my favourite's probably VI.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

misery is a butterfly Aya Nekoneko's Avatar

My first Final Fantasy was FFVII and my favorite is a tie between FFVIII and FFIX (although this game I still have yet to finish... I bought it when it first came out and never got around to getting past disc 2--how sad).

FFVIII because I loved all the characters. Zell and Rin-chan were just too fun. ^_^

FFIX because I just love the fantasy backdrop and the wonderful characterizations (and it's so wonderfully emotional too). It really does put the "fantasy" back into Final Fantasy.
    will you shed no tears for broken me?

My first Final Fantasy was FF1, but my favorite is FF6. FF1 holds a spot among my top favorite 3.

FF6
    FF3 <-- in no order
    FF1 <-- in no order

first one was one. i dunno if it counts since my father bought it. but it was my first one. The first one that I...Myself bought was 3. but my favorite was, is, and always will be... 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

Well, my favorite is FFVI and it was also my first FF. It was only the second RPG that I had ever played in my life, my first? Mario RPG of course!

The first FF I played was Mystic Quest but that game doesn"t really count. So the first real FF I played was FF8 anf my favourite is FFX.

The first Final Fantasy I played was FF7, and it's also my favourite one.

Originally posted by GogoTheMimic
    Well, my favorite is FFVI and it was also my first FF. It was only the second RPG that I had ever played in my life, my first? Mario RPG of course!
    mario rpg was the greatest game ever. i remember buying it, and not leaving my room for days. i beat in a week i think, but it was still the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

My first was FF1 (which I still own ) and I've beaten FF7, FF8, and (almost) FF9. It's pretty difficult to say which is my favorite out of all those. They were all very addictive and have great stories, and it just wouldn't be fair to single out only one as my favorite.

In short...they all r0x0rz!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi View Post
    ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
    THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."

FF4 (first) vs. FF6 (favourite)

But my first RPG is was Phantasy Star...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

FFI was me first, FFVI is me favorite, not to mention my favorite game of all time, too.

Anyway, interesting trend I'm noticing here; For the most part, those who started with FFI like FFVI, those who started with VII like VII or VIII... and above all, those who started old-school love old-school, and those who started new-school love new school... hmmm...