Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Blood

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This season is a TON better than the last few seasons. I guess it was a good thing that Alan Ball GTFO.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The show and books are so far apart now that I just lost interest since season 5 :/ I hate to be one of those, but it is what it is. I just watch Eric now. Eric's persona hasn't changed much at all.

All I wanted was to see "bowling for vampires" but I suppose that will never happen now

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I never read the books, although I do want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first 6 books or so are good trashy fun. And Eric is the best character, just like he's the best character on the show.

And then it goes to complete utter trout. You should read some of the Amazon reviews for the last books. I think people were ready to stone the author. The book series ended pretty terribly as far as I can tell. I gave up on the books after awhile and only read the synopsis for the last book.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I've read book reviews for the last book. People are piiiiissed. A lot of people think the last two or three books were ghost-written.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I think she's half-black, but I was definitely thinking the same thing when I was watching today's episode! She has a really wide face and almond-yet-pointy eyes of a Native American.
    If she is half-black she's the most non-black looking mulatto I've ever seen.

season 6I really hate the governor in season 6. I wish Eric's glamouring would have worked. I don't understand how the government was able to build contact lenses to protect from glamouring when all they're powers are magic in origin, so there's no science to base it upon and it looks like the general pop still believe that witches are things of fiction, so I'd doubt they're spell based.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually love that the humans are fighting back and using science to help protect themselves.

The biggest problem I've always had with the very strong vampires = gay people allegory was that vampires in this show have always been violent murderers. Always. They may be marginalized and there's good peaceful vampires, but by and large, the audience has been shown vampires who are bloody and ruthless. Gay people do not hurt anyone by being gay. So it always kind of pissed me off when the show (and the books) would try and draw a connection between the two things.

So here you have these horribly violent beings who are stronger and faster and immortal unless they get a stake through the heart (or decapitated, burned) and despite the True Blood, still wantonly kill humans. And the humans are just ok with it, minus the religious nutjobs. That always made very little sense to me. Why wouldn't humans develop ways to keep from being mindsmurfed with?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My problem is I don't see how the tech works. The new bullets I understand. I don't understand the tech behidn the contacts. Just like Uncle always said "Magic must defeat magic!"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh, I don't agree.

Look at the sun, why does it burn vampires? Because magic! But using UV rays against vampires isn't magic, it's science, and it makes sense. Same for the contact lenses. Maybe you need to have total eye contact for the glamouring to work and the contacts stop that. Who knows, but I still think it all makes sense within the context of the show.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm just jumping in here, but I watched up to like, season three I believe, and then I stopped because it got weird. Is it worth going on and continuing with it!?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This season has been pretty great, actually, Rye. Last season was okay-ish, but very important for this season. Probably the only two seasons in the show that actually have something to do with one another.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So okay: Update on where we are on season 4. So marnie is possessed! And eric was captured when they had their fight in the woods! He's all vampire pet now. And bill was physically captured! And Lafeyette was possessed! And jessica and hoyt went blah. And sookie was shot!

So yeah, jessica was the boring point. :/

And that's where we are currently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    The first 6 books or so are good trashy fun. And Eric is the best character, just like he's the best character on the show.

And then it goes to complete utter trout. You should read some of the Amazon reviews for the last books. I think people were ready to stone the author. The book series ended pretty terribly as far as I can tell. I gave up on the books after awhile and only read the synopsis for the last book.
    Terrible is a soft word. (SPOILER)I shall forever weep for never getting a definite ending for Eric. It was like he just dropped off the radar, alone with his new wife. Ugh. And I'm such a Sookie-Eric shipper too.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I watched it, but then I sort of started not watching it. I think i might have finished the first season, but I can't remember. I remember some vampire (Eric, I think) being buried "alive" (or unalive) after nearly burning to death, but I can't remember how late in the season that was.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?