Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DRAGON BALL Z

Blog Entries

DB > DBZ > cow trout > DBGT

I kid, I kid.GT and cow trout are tied.

Dragon Ball was the best show ever. When DBZ started, it was like watching a completely different show with the same characters. But it was still awesome. And then GT... ugh.

I always loved how from the beginning of the series you knew Gohan had some kind of freakish monster powers, and that point is reinforced over and over again by him beating the crap out off Frieza when he's angry and then beating Cell and becoming the most powerful character on the planet (I doubt spoilers are needed here) and yet when he finally achieves his true power and becomes stronger than both his father and SSJ3 Gotenks he still ends up being fairly useless because he gets his dumb ass absorbed. It was a big "no matter how strong you get, you still have to know what the smurf you're doing" moment.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I like the original Dragon Ball. Can I still hang out?
    I also prefer the original Dragonball over Z. DB was more adventurous and they were more creative with their fights, but I did grow up watching Z first and it had such a major impact on my choice of a career field.
    Your job is to scream for fifteen minutes then throw out beams of pure energy? That's pretty metal, can you put in a good word with your boss and get me an interview?

DBZ is one of the most terribly made programms I have ever watched. The VA's are aweful, the story is at best poorly pased, and at worse its utterly nonsensical and wastes your time.

The Characters are badly written, the episodes drag on, and the series becomes nothing but 'I have a bigger laser! No I have a bigger laser'!.

I can not think of a singe redeeming quality of this show.

And I love every second of it.

Blog Entries

Also, Toriyama is a boss.

Face

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah, it was pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    I AM NOW THREE PERCENT CHARGED MUAHAHAHA YOU WILL DIE SPACE MONKEY

AAAAAAAAA

AAAAAA?

Last edited by Tigmafuzz; 09-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Face

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Big Hands View Post
    DBZ is one of the most terribly made programms I have ever watched. The VA's are aweful, the story is at best poorly pased, and at worse its utterly nonsensical and wastes your time.

The Characters are badly written, the episodes drag on, and the series becomes nothing but 'I have a bigger laser! No I have a bigger laser'!.

I can not think of a singe redeeming quality of this show.

And I love every second of it.
    Pretty much this. When I was a kid I used to watch this sucker on Toonami all the time. My parents hated it so much that they started hassling me and my brother by standing in front of the TV and mocking it by screaming powering-up style. They never seemed to get it that we found it hilarious, not annoying.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best show ever? Best show ever.

I still want to be a saiyan.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Thankfully, I grew up before this miserable piece of horsescheiße was aired, so I've never sat through a full episode.
    That was sort of how I was with Yu-Gi-Oh. By the time everyone was getting into it I was like 18 or something and I had more mature and adult things to watch, (SPOILER)like Digimon.

But I was 14/15ish for DBZ and I fell right in love with it.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

One day I will learn how to fly. Shooting energy beams is probably a bit beyond me but even smurfing Krillin could fly

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    One day I will learn how to fly. Shooting energy beams is probably a bit beyond me but even smurfing Krillin could fly
    Hell, even Yamcha could fly, and he was acting like a scared little child by the Cell saga.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Hell, even Yamcha could fly, and he was acting like a scared little child by the Cell saga.
    He was a bitch much earlier than that.

2948973_700b.jpg

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Growing up? I was pretty much fully grown when I was watching it.