Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2434383940414243444546474849505464 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, ever since Owen decided he actually wanted to win the Premier League, Liverpool fans hate the guy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Well, if he wanted to win the Premier League, joining Real Madrid was a strange way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Oh wow, has it really been that long since you posted here? I have nothing but contempt for Little Mickey now!
    Neat. Please summarise your current views on the following players so I can update my records:

Patrick Berger
    Rigobert Song
    Bernard Diomede
    Vegard Heggem

tia

E: I think Michael Owen is a Big Smelly Jerk and he never left my team to go and win the league (making him one of the few players currently on the books of a Premier League club not to have done so).
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

smurf yes
    smurf no
    how the smurf does that man have a World Cup winner's medal?
    Another for the "smurf yes" pile.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Well, if he wanted to win the Premier League, joining Real Madrid was a strange way to go about it.
    Perhaps he thought they had a better chance of it than Liverpool? Also, I'm under the impression his move to Real Madrid wasn't 100% his choice.

how the smurf does that man have a World Cup winner's medal?
    Ahahaha I had to look this up and oh man

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

It was definitely him, because he smurfed us around with his contract, kept saying he would sign it and he had nearly reached an agreement, then announced with one year left that he was leaving. Ballon D'Or Winner, English striker in the prime of his career... £8m. Yeah.

So no, I don't begrude him for going somewhere better, and nor does any Liverpool fan. I don't dislike Arbeloa or Alonso for going to Real Madrid - hell, I even root for Madrid over Barca because of them. I don't like Owen because he spent months lying to the fans. I am one of those fans, and growing up he was my absolute hero and idol. Now I find a great deal of pleasure to be found in how his career ended up.

To summarise:

michael-owen-will-sit-on-bench-for-30000-per-week.jpg

"People will say my timing for leaving Anfield was suspect but how was I, or anyone else, to know that Liverpool were about to go on the most incredible run to the final?

Attached Images Attached Images

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They sat the sod on the bench for the Champions League group stage games, didn't they? So they could sell him?

If they wanted to keep him, I'm honestly sure they could have. The new manager didn't manage his man. Owen was happy enough at Liverpool until the managerial change, yes? Dunno.

Either way, I'd say he did alright, he got a Premier League title in the end.

Articles

All I'm saying is that if Luis Suarez played for Manchester United he'd be your best player of the past 20 years. Fact.

ps: do you know one of the few managers who has been way worse than Rafa this season? Martin "Has spent £30m" O'Neill. Never forget.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FACT. xD Oh man, that rant. I don't get what people found so groundbreaking over Kenny Keegan's "I would love it if we beat them" rant, but the FACT rant? That was the most mind boggling thing ever. Benitez is a funny little man.

Martin O'Neill is still managing a PL club?

EDIT: wtf, Dalglish? xD

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Kevin Keegan

Articles

Wrong former Liverpool #7 there sport. Dalglish regularly learned Ferguson:

First there was Ferguson, bitterly complaining that decisions had gone against his side. He claimed to radio reporters that it was no surprise managers ‘have to leave here choking on their own vomit, biting their tongue, afraid to tell the truth’.

Not too many rival managers have stood up to Ferguson, particularly when in full rant mode. Dalglish wasn't daunted however, and carrying his baby daughter Lauren past Ferguson, said: 'You’ll get more sense out of her.'

Genius.

Not for much longer if he keeps this up. They're getting sucked closer and closer to the mire.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Kevin Keegan
    Yeah I have no idea why I said Dalglish. xD

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I thought Michael Owen retired years ago! Ha XD He'll probably write a ridiculously over dramatised auto biography of his experiences on the benches!

Oh, update on the Newcastle situation, the FA has a flat out decided NOT to charge the player or Wigan for the challenge or retarded statements of their management.
    They have however charged Assistant manager John Carver with misconduct who got sent off at half time for trying to talk to McManaman, got dragged away by 4 stewards.

Newcastle is looking to take it further though which is IMO good. This incident is another bullet point to the mile long list of reasons the FA is like one of those "special kids" so to say.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

So it turns out Calum McManaman won't be facing any disciplinary action for his horror tackle after all, because the linesman saw it and didn't take any action at the time. I'll admit that I forgot about that rule, probably because the last time I heard about it I thought it was so stupid that there was no way they wouldn't change it at the first available opportunity. Anyway, I hope that linesman finds himself working Blue Square South games for a while.