Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2131353637383940414243444546475161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 English Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I agree with Crop. This has been a week from hell for our fine club. Out of a cup competition and nearly out of another! The rest of you really don't know what suffering is until you're a Man Utd fan. I think the pain we have experienced in the last five or six days must be the equivalent of starving children in Africa. Also, 12 points isn't that much. That kind of deficit can be overturned in... months. Also, consider our next league game. A tough home fixture against a side second from bottom. You... you just don't understand.

I'm pretty sure Crop was being sarcastic.

See, Bubba knows what it's like to be a Utd fan. I mean, we win so much that it just hurts that much more when we lose or draw! The rest of you guys don't know the pain we feel. Oh how I wish I was a QPR fan sometimes, those guys have it soooo easy!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    EoFFers who think Luis Suarez is bad: Iceglow, Loony BoB

I don't really need to add any more than that, do I?
    I suggested I had my doubts as to Suarez being better than Bale. I never called Suarez a bad player, I just said Liverpool have some pretty trout away kits this year.

I would definitely say if I was building a "dream team" I would have to consider both very highly for positions on the team.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm just going to close this off by saying that the Liverpool fans chanting "You're just a trout Stewart Downing" whenever Bale blasted into row Z were complete geniuses.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A word on the champions League game tonight. I think Barca have next to no chance of progressing tonight. As long as Milan are sensible and don't do anything stupid, it should be pretty straightforward to see out this tie.

Cue 5-0 Barca win.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's already tied... and thinking that Barca can't score three goals more than the opposition at home is a very odd thing to think.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was almost right with 5-0! I still think Milan could have contained them if they set up differently.

I was resolutely pessimistic about the prospect of tonight's match, but that brave comeback by plucky underdogs Barcelona has allowed this old cynic to hope again. The media have written us off, but with a bit of grit and determination I'm confident that our boys can hold Bayern to three goals, max.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As much as we all know that Arsenal are pretty much out, I'll still be watching the game to see how they set up. I think Bayern will get the win but I'm hoping Arsenal give them a game. They might be able to snatch a draw.

Rumours going around that Wenger isn't even going to field a full-strength squad. I'm hoping we get to see at least half an hour Aaron Ramsey at right back trying to handle Arjen Robben.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Rumours going around that Wenger isn't even going to field a full-strength squad.
    How does one tell the difference between that and a normal squad? Not a dig, even. Arsenal have so few stand out players now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    How does one tell the difference between that and a normal squad? Not a dig, even. Arsenal have so few stand out players now.
    Turned out to be just rumours in the end, but the talk was that Walcott and Cazorla would be on the bench. Probably shouldn't have paid any attention, but I wanted something to be angry about.

I don't know if that's true, anyway. While I agree that our first team isn't exactly star-studded, our backups are still a significant downgrade on that, and a lack of depth means things like playing Ramsey on the wing or asking Mikel Arteta to be a ball-winning midfielder. Arsenal could get by with the current first team if they had quality replacements to step in when things go wrong, but instead we paper over the cracks with mediocrity every time there's an injury.

Articles

Giroud grabs a very fast goal! Game on...? Surely not!

Pretty pleased with that to be honest, or as pleased as you can be with being knocked out of a competition. We didn't play particularly well, and Bayern were far from at their best, but we gave a good account of ourselves and nearly managed to rescue what looked like a hopeless cause. Considering I never expected us to make it past Bayern, it's hard to complain about having come so close to doing just that. Hopefully this gives us a bit of morale boost and helps us pick up our form in the league.

Articles

Fabianski wants to be #1 Polish keeper again I guess!

Also, Millwall or Wigan will be in Europe next year. Should be fun!

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

If Millwall represent us in the Europa League next season..... Eurgh....
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292