Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bastards

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Is this praying mantis style courtship?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whomever wants to get with the black widow.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Previous posts kept in mind, I fully endorse Raistlin's candidacy for hooking up with the husband-killer.

Back on topic, I agree with Jessweeee. Commitment to the child is more important than finances or marriage. Both of the latter can help, particularly finances when it comes to having the basic requirements. But more important than anything is that they both understand and want what is best for the child.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

You can want until you go blue in the face, but if you can't financially support a child you probably shouldn't be having one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    You can want until you go blue in the face, but if you can't financially support a child you probably shouldn't be having one.
    I agree for the most part, but technically you should still be able to get support from the government to at least give them the basic neccessities. However, the government can't force you to love your kid, and I'd rather be brought up by poor parents living on government financial support than wealthy parents who hit me and hate me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I'd rather have middle income parents with a so-so amount of love.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Is raised by Hyenas an option?

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

:O_O: Oh my Lord, guys! If I were really in the mind to off my husband, don't you think I would have done it by now?!?! Afterall, if I'd killed him the first time I thought of it, I'd be out by now!!!

Blog Entries

They just want you.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Well, I actually did feel the love!

I am in total agreement with Aaron concerning birth control and abortion for all the same reasons. Once my daughter hit puberty I took her aside and told her all about sex and birth control, and we have an open relationship where she knows she can tell me anything, and I don't freak out and lock her in a high tower. So far so good! Anyway, I expect to be the first to know if she is seriously considering sex as a teenager because she knows I want her to get an exam with GYN and get on the pill or something equivalent. I am in no hurry for her to provide me with grandchildren.

Also, on topic, my youngest step-son is technically a bastard because his mother and my husband were never married. I throw the word technically in there because I have raised him since he was almost 3 so I consider myself his "real" mother. However, I will say, he never successfully dealt with his biological mother's abandonment of him. Of all my step children, he has the most baggage and most difficulty with making good life choices. So, even though he has had two parents almost his whole life, who have loved and cared for him, he still suffered from the rejection.