Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bastards

Says the guy involved in a romantic tryst with his cars.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

smurf you, I pray to the old gods.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    I just recently heard of some famous dude naming his kids Moon Unit Zappa and Dweezil Zappa.
    "heard of some famous dude" Dude do not tell me you have no idea who Frank Zappa is! Frank Zappa Cover of Stairway to Heaven Possibly better than the original version.

I'm a bastard born out of wedlock it's true. I have a hyphenated name Causer being from my Dad's side of the family, Smith being my mother's married surname (she never reverted to her maiden name after the divorce from my brother's father otherwise I'd be a Causer-Mansell I guess) I don't think being a bastard born out of wedlock is anything these days it's pointless to even call us bastards.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I can't imagine my mom and dad not being married and living together. It's such a weird thought to me.

Financially and legally, I think it's highly unwise to have a child out of wedlock, but aside of that I don't think it's morally wrong or anything. Even though growing up I was taught that it was.
    I like Kung-Fu.

My parents are together but arn't married.
    I also have a hyphenated name from a couple of hundred years ago, when two people married and took their last names and put them together.
    I like my last name but it's not like it matters, there's not much in a name apart from identification.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Yes but that's investing even more power in the hands of people who like to name their kids Apple and Pilot Inspektor and Adolf Hitler etc.
    Apple is a wonderful name you philistine

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Yes but that's investing even more power in the hands of people who like to name their kids Apple and Pilot Inspektor and Adolf Hitler etc.
    as is Adolf Hitler
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Says the guy involved in a romantic tryst with his cars.
    If smurfing my Beemer up the tale pipe is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I actually have no problem with the name Apple, it's kind of cute. But I was grasping at straws from the get-go, I needed more xD

EDIT: I forget the topic but IMAGINE IF two people with hyphenated names married and hyphenated their names again for the kids.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith OR SOMETHING AMAZING LIKE THAT. It gets even better when you add more names.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. What a behemoth. You'd have to name the kid something short, like Joe.

Joe West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. Kid is bitchin

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

I'm just happy my last name was included.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

I think i have a bigger issue with people deciding to have unprotected sex out of wedlock while still admitting to your face that they don't want and can't handle kids. I think it comes with the territory, that if you're boning you should accept the biological fact that it's there to make babies.

As long as you responsibly bone with the acceptance that you could produce, and therefore need to properly care for a kid, kudos to you.

Probably doesn't help I'm in the army though. I've seen more one year marriages than one night stands in the last 5 years.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

EDIT: I forget the topic but IMAGINE IF two people with hyphenated names married and hyphenated their names again for the kids.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith OR SOMETHING AMAZING LIKE THAT. It gets even better when you add more names.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. What a behemoth. You'd have to name the kid something short, like Joe.

Joe West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. Kid is bitchin
    Wow lol you think too much a little here Dak. Though I love how the first two hyphenated names you can think of is the surname of Nikki's lil' girl and mine it's funny because I know the logic there but it doesn't half look like you've got weird ideas. Also as someone with a long hyphenated name (when asked for my full first, middle and surname in particular) I often have trouble fitting it in on forms because I have too many characters already. Given the number of characters in your own example of "West-Horton-Causer-Smith" the surname would NEVER fit on any forms. Also in your example you forget that Joe is ultimately short for Joseph and registering a child as being called Joe would mean registering him as Joseph if you wanted a short name you should probably look at names like Adam. I couldn't personally imagine having to write the name of "Joseph West-Horton-Causer-Smith" on all the forms when asked for full name. And heck thats without giving the kid a middle name.

Blog Entries

You can name a kid Joe and not Joseph.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I'm just happy my last name was included.
    Bashir?

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm one and you all know how awesome I am
    Make that double.

I just had a kid out of wedlock, she's wonderful and will have a mum and a dad. Just not together.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.