Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gil farming at the end of the game.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I prefer the Taming Pole for Fang because I use her as a Saboteur as well, so the increased Magic stat helps a lot (and has only marginally less Strength than the Dragoon Lance).

Even though my main party as been Lighting/Hope/Fang, I think I might upgrade Vanille's Belladonna Wand because she is the best way to beat Adamantoises without a summon. Then I can still upgrade Fang and one other until I get another Trap.

I do you her as a sab alot as well, haven't really noticed any problem with that, actually i prefer it because it has no stagger lock, this fact comes in very handy as sab also does a decent job of staggering those tuff enemies as your 3 sabs are nailing away at enemy pluses and making those very nice minuses

suit yourself, I can see the benefits of both

ooo big warning. I assume most people farm adamantoises in the same spot i do (mission 63's mark). I just beat mission 64, and you know how there are 3 adamantoises at 63's general area just standing around? NOT ANYMORE. the other 2 become long gui.... and they my friend are still a bitch to kill, so I suggest you farm till your content before taking on mission 64... this will slow you down significantly in your collection of ingots

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've been switching mostly to the Adamantortoise (is there a significant difference?) on the path by Mission 63's spot, closer to the save point. I've been managing to kill it without a summon, though still using Vanille's Death ability. It takes a little while, because for some reason debuffs don't seem to stick when it's standing (do debuffs on the legs affect Death on the body?), but it's still a lot quicker than trying to regain TP and using a summon every time.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I have been farming the Adamantoise at Eden Hall. So far, out of about 40 - 50 kills, I have received about 3 Traps and 8 Platinum Ingots so not too bad! Plus, the 3 battles I fight to restore my TP give me Credit and Incentive Chip spoils which I can sell. I recommend this location to everyone to get money and resources to upgrade weapons

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

3x Traps!? Bloody hell. I must have killed something like 40-50 myself and I've not got a single one. ...and I use the accessory which increases the odds of getting them. ...two of them, actually. No traps. Lots of Cactuar Dolls when I was killing them a while back, but no Traps. :S

I kill Adamenchilde rather than soldiers to up my TP, as I tend to get Gold Dust out of every one of them and they take less than a minute (I'm guessing) to kill.

I think I'm going to change my party around and see how I can improve. I don't think Sahz is bringing enough to the table anymore, although if he gets Slow (which he's about to) then at least I can use him as SAB as well as SYN... hmm. I suppose I could use Hope/Fang/Vanille. I think I've fully upgraded their weapons...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

After about 20 battles, I didn't get a single Trap After reading some of the posts on here, I decided to equip two Collectors Catalogs and also the Connoisseur Catalog. As soon as I did, I almost got something for every battle! Maybe I was on a roll, I don't know! However, at least once you get one Trap, you can just construct Nirvana for Vanille and dismantle and get 3 more

I might try your Adamanchilde TP leveling technique!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The TP doesn't go up against Adamanchilde amazingly quick, but on the flipside you get pretty good cash and CP out of it.

I use buttloads of item-odds-increasers and still get bugger all.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

my tale of woes again. (more bitching sorry) So I beat the creature from mission 64 and went back to farm more gold from adamantortoies/toises's along comes a long gui and wipes my party 7 times in a row. Ohh woe is me.

To take revenge I go to kill an adamanchild (I know I'm a sick bastard like that) suddenly little adamanchild uses ultima on me, not only that I go on to lose this fight, as the adamanchild has well over 3 million life.... wtf! GTFO you dumb turtle

Long story short don't kill 64 until your good and ready for the consequences.
    (can anyone confirm the new stats on adamanchild for me? or was this a freak accident?)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I use buttloads of item-odds-increasers and still get bugger all.
    sorry man, I'd try changing party members and unequipping the items, fight a low level battle and change back then re-equip, deffinentally use 3 collectors catalogs though, coness are very very low increases. Trust me I had it on from the point moogleworks opened(ch 6 or 7 i believe)
    Last edited by docta fizz; 04-03-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Long Guis are immune to Death, right? They sound... fun. What are your stats like, so I don't try to take them on too early? Are you at least close to beating them?

This is also the first I've heard about Adamanchelids getting new stats.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

what summon is so good?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

What do you mean? Are you asking which summon helps for taking on Adamantoises? All of them. The summon takes their legs out from under them, and then you have a couple of minutes until it can rise. It makes it a lot easier, and is the only way to efficiently kill the damn things. I could probably beat one now without using a summon, but it'd take so much longer.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah. I almost never use summons because they tend to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    It makes it a lot easier, and is the only way to efficiently kill the damn things.
    On the contrary if you have fangs ultimate weapon and the genji gloves (which you got from killing 63 I believe) add 2 items that raise fangs attack by 250, the taiming pole final version (or my favorite the upgraded dragoon lance). Here is what you do

Party leader - Fang

Required paradigms

"ONE" syn-med-sen - initial
    "TWO" rav-rav-rav
    "THREE" com-med-sen (note the commando is fang)
    "FOUR" sab-sab-sab or sab-sab-rav
    "FIVE" com-rav- (fang initial com)if lightning or snow com, otherwise rav)
    "SIX" sen-med-med

PHASE A
    Start battle and buff up all your stats with ONE
    Switch to "TWO" stagger a leg
    Switch to "THREE" Highwind leg

Should be enough to kill it, or come close, if it doesn't kill it then try raising stagger till it's over 300 or attack it a few times before highwind

Repeat initial phase to stagger the other leg. rebuffing as needed

PHASE B after he hits the ground
    Shift to "FOUR" stay here till he is "slow/deshell/deprotect/imeril"
    Shift back to "TWO" and bring his stagger up to at least 600%
    Shift to "FIVE" and beat the crap out of him, saving highwind till he is just about out of stagger

should he live through this it would be a good time to shift to "SIX"
    Then back to "ONE" and repeat

Note if fangs stats are around 2800 or higher you can probably kill him in one stagger.

Rastlin - I beat the long gui on try #8 but his "roar" technique does massive damage, sometimes dazing your party and is often followed by "ultima" a most leathal combination I beat him with my party mastered 5 classes and half way done with their final... good luck if you try before that . I have to stagger 3 times to kill, and they stay staggered alot longer. The good news is slow sticks to him even when he stands back up, though I'm not sure how long it lasts

to beat a long gui I have a slightly different set up

Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I use Fang's Bahamut Eidolon to beat the Adamantoise. I find that because she is my strongest character (around 3600+ Strength), I can make her my party leader and summon Eidolon. I have her ultimate weapon, plus if you add on Power Gloves or Kaiser Knuckles, you can instantly get around a 4000 Strength stat. Now I just need Dark Matter and Genji Gloves...

genji gloves, go to sullya springs and do mission 63 too easy , it is faster to beat them with a summon, but is faster to beat them whithout one my way because you don't need to up your TP between battles, and in fact you can summon every 3rd one because you gain tp from killing them my way