Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 11 & 12 threads) Yep, Still Linear. I swear

Quote Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
    Still early chapter 11 as well...kind of been grinding until I remembered that I play WoW too but that's another story.

Anyway. I'm missing a mission! I did 1 through 13 but apparently couldn't find 10 does anyone remember where it is?
    The Cie'th stone of mission 10 is close to the Cie'th stone of mission 1. There is a large rock where some flan monsters are. And there is the mission 10 Cie'th stone as well. The mission 10 monster itself is next to the fighting King Behemoth and Megistorium where the best training spot is.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Thank you, I've got it

I feel bad fighting some of this wildlife as some seem to be just relaxing out there (those wolf like things) I feel like such a picnic crasher

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I just got Vanille's summon... what a weak plot twist.
    What plot twist?

I have a question about the beginning of chapter 12. Any reason (besides graphics) why the party busts up the race? Why couldn't they land somewhere else?
    (SPOILER)
    Ignoring the fact Chapter 11 blows it's own first plot twist by having the Datalog tell you that Vanille was Ragnarok, despite never being stated in any of the cutscenes up until that point. The game then says that Fang was actually Ragnarok and Vanille was pretending to be the one who became Ragnarok to protect her, which doesn't really make much sense to me. Its not like Fang really gives a damn about Cocoon and of all the characters, is the most insistent and shows favor in completing there Focus (well until they realize the Fal'Cie R EVIL). So I don't see why she needs to protect her or anything from the truth.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc View Post
    I just got Vanille's summon... what a weak plot twist.
    What plot twist?

I have a question about the beginning of chapter 12. Any reason (besides graphics) why the party busts up the race? Why couldn't they land somewhere else?
    (SPOILER)
    Ignoring the fact Chapter 11 blows it's own first plot twist by having the Datalog tell you that Vanille was Ragnarok, despite never being stated in any of the cutscenes up until that point. The game then says that Fang was actually Ragnarok and Vanille was pretending to be the one who became Ragnarok to protect her, which doesn't really make much sense to me. Its not like Fang really gives a damn about Cocoon and of all the characters, is the most insistent and shows favor in completing there Focus (well until they realize the Fal'Cie R EVIL). So I don't see why she needs to protect her or anything from the truth.
    (SPOILER)Yes but Vanille does, which is the point.

As for that datalog thing. It must have been something the devs overlooked, silly people!

By your tone I guess your not having much fun?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chapter 9, 10, and what I've played of 11 has basically killed most of my interest in the plot at the moment. Its going to take one hell of a comeback to make the story good again.

To be honest, I've been having issues getting into this game from the start. Due to homework and work I haven't been able to get back to the game for awhile but what really bugs me is that I don't seem to mind that.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Errr...I found a (SPOILER)Cactuar while looking for mission 16...what do I do with it? sorry if it's a dumb question.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
    Errr...I found a (SPOILER)Cactuar while looking for mission 16...what do I do with it?
    Fight it. Defeating one unlocks... I think it's mission 54. You'll start seeing cactuars around the whole Steppe now, too.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Arrow

Is anyone feeling kinda bored after you finish the game, get the ultimate weapons and do a few of the Titans Trials? I wish there was more to fight and do after getting ultimate weapons! I want to get at least 2 fully upgraded weapons for each character, but then I realise there is not much else to do with them now...

I am afraid a lot of RPG elements were stripped down to the core in this game.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Chapter 9, 10, and what I've played of 11 has basically killed most of my interest in the plot at the moment. Its going to take one hell of a comeback to make the story good again.
    "...To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."

Is anyone feeling kinda bored after you finish the game, get the ultimate weapons and do a few of the Titans Trials? I wish there was more to fight and do after getting ultimate weapons! I want to get at least 2 fully upgraded weapons for each character, but then I realise there is not much else to do with them now...
    After I beat the game I kept loading it up, playing for 10-15 minutes and then realizing that, despite the fact that I wanted to keep playing the game, there wasn't anything I wanted to keep doing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Kelly, this thread is for chapters 11 & 12, not post-game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I finally got to the Calm Lands or whatever it's called here. It's pretty cool to see that wide open plain to explore, and all the feral creatures running around. I did a couple missions but the rewards aren't that great so I just moved on with the story. I prefer games like FFXI where you have like 12 equipment slots and each one can boost different attributes. Just getting some accessory or a couple upgrade materials from these doesn't really pique my interest.

I also attacked some of the bigger enemies and won so that was pretty neat. No way I can beat that AT-AT walker thing though.

The story is obviously where the focus is so that's where my focus will stay. And it's still good. Nothing has changed with respect to the crappy NPCs but so far the main storyline and amazing visuals make up for it. I'll probably come back and do some of this stuff after I beat it but I can't see myself completing every aspect of this game like I did with the previous games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I did a lot of the missions early in chapter 11 as just an excuse to explore the Archylte Steppe and the rest of Pulse more.

I agree that the equipment system is kind of oversimplified. I would've liked more variety, as well, which would have required more stats. The multiple accessory slots tries to make up for it, but I end up, with the exception of specific fights, for the most part just putting strength- or magic-increasing items in there anyway.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really like the synthesized abilities when combining accessories/weapons and I wish there were more of them. Currently I put Axis Blade on Lightning along with the First Stike accessory to give her a 10% haste boost.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think one of the problems I've had with the upgrade system besides the counter-intuitive gil/loot system needed to level weapons; is that everything needs one of the transformations items to make it move to the next stage. These items themselves are rare to acquire in the game's story and horribly expensive in shops. It would have been nice if the transformation items were exclusive to the weapons (at least I would feel its justified) or to a few obviously overpowered accessories. Let everything else just level up naturally and evolve when it reaches its next step.

I also agree the equipment/stat system is terribly oversimplified and really restricts the player in making useful party setups with equips (something I feel it borrows from X-2 and Crisis Core). I sorta noticed this when dealing with Hope cause the only way to keep him alive in longer battles requires timing buffs and heals. There is very little means of protecting him from heavy hitters with equipment. All you can do is level up HP accessories and overload him with it but those slots should be better used for raising his magic. I'm not asking for him to have "armor of invincibility" or anything but at least some equips that can better help him counter tougher enemies. Some of these items do exist but then you run into having to deal with the upgrade system cause most of them are terrible when first acquired.

I feel XIII should have handled accessories like they are in Dissidia. Instead of just a handful of slots, give me ten by the endgame so I can make some more meaningful choices. You removed armor from the game, the least you can do is give me more accessories to play with to help me twink my party members.

Anyway, I reached Oerba today... not what I was expecting. (SPOILER)The wasteland part doesn't surprise me but how high tech it was does. Makes me seriously question Vanille and Fang's clothing choices.

The tower proceeding that place was tedious but at least I got a few decent items, the boss was a joke as well. I had a harder time dealing with the Centaur monster in the tower than the boss. I also question why the tower was really there, the game doesn't bother explaining its purpose and it has no past history anyone can remember... Kinda felt like a waste of time to me.

(SPOILER)I actually made it all the way to the final boss of the chapter and now I have one minor spoiler question to ask those who have finished the game. Can Orphan only be taken out by a l'Cie and all other human efforts are a waste? Cause Dysley's whole speech in Oerba does not make any sense. If Cocoon is doomed due to the battle between the the Calvary and Sanctum and the Calvary are going to be manipulated by Orphan, why is Dysley telling your party all this? They achieved their goal of destroying Cocoon, why are they telling the party knowing fully well that they have the means of ruining the whole plan as l'Cie? Please for the love of god tell me that this is part of some nefarious plan you can't tell me cause it will ruin Chapter 12 and 13 cause if it is this straightforward then XIII has truly won the award for being the worst written entry in the series.

I don't need details, I just want to know that what (SPOILER)Dysley says is a trap and their is unknown circumstantial evidence that makes it so the party has to be involved. Just a simple conformation is all I need cause I just about decided to stop playing this game last night cause of this revelation. I'm beginning to feel XIII would have been better off if it ended in Chapter 9.