Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I think I pissed my girlfriend off.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I think the fact that a number of the females here have expressed the idea that they would have reacted similarly tends to the fact that it's a common reaction and that she isn't a hyper sensitive bitch.
    Well, I think my only problem with her reaction is that she didn't talk to him for three days. Women should never, ever, ever, ever, do the not talking thing. I don't care how much he has upset you. It's childish and stupid so just don't do it!

You're not going to get an apology because the guy will have no idea that he did anything wrong, or if he does realise this from the whole not talking thing, he won't realise what it is. Just straight out tell him what he did was wrong and why, and then if he has any decency he'll apologise. Yeah yeah not talking to him to punish him blah blah blah...save the pair of you some annoyance and wasted days by being up front.

Oh what a serious post. What I meant to say was ha ha ha who gave women the vote? Ho ho ho hee hee hee.
    Yeah. Anyone who does the not talking thing is immature. Hux and I are both really really bad at hiding our feelings, so whenever we're upset with each other, we just outright say what the other did wrong, and we fix it there. And even if we're mad at each other and need to take some off from speaking to each other to cool down, we still always say we love each other before we go. And because of that, we rarely fight.

"Oh what a serious post. What I meant to say was ha ha ha who gave women the vote? Ho ho ho hee hee hee"

Hahahahaha

This thread delivers.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Apply advices given here but also keep in mind your girlfriend's personality i.e: level of grovelling required/sincerity or lies? will vary depending on her as a person. Pretty much everyone here has it right, just keep her personality/mood in the front of your mind when you make your move.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    I'd just like to take time to point out something that y'all seem to have missed:

Casey's girlfriend is not your girlfriend/boyfriend.
    I approve!

My boyfriend wouldn't get the silent treatment, I would go "Well if you wanna smurf her so bad, then how about I break up with you, you go smurf her, and see how things work out between us later, KAY?"
    and then shortly after saying that he would melt and be all sad until I hug him. Thus, making me still a winner.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You're not going to get an apology because the guy will have no idea that he did anything wrong, or if he does realise this from the whole not talking thing, he won't realise what it is. Just straight out tell him what he did was wrong and why, and then if he has any decency he'll apologise. Yeah yeah not talking to him to punish him blah blah blah...save the pair of you some annoyance and wasted days by being up front.
    He must have had an inkling of what he did wrong otherwise he wouldn't have know what to make this thread about.

We also don't know whether or not there was any talking going on between the two of them because Dr. Casey has not posted much in this thread to give us more background into the situation. Maybe she did tell him why she wasn't talking to him (or at least told him why she was upset). If he still feels that he did nothing wrong or try to apologize in any way then three days is not much. It would also give me a red flag warning that I'll have more of the same ahead of me if I continue on with the relationship.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

I'd like to respond to everyone's posts, but that's a bit unmanageable at this point. Many thanks for the comments, everyone. We sorted things out yesterday. She demanded that I delete every messenger conversation I've ever had with Sarah and rip up any picture I owned with her in there (though she allowed me to just cut out certain portions for photographs I really cared for), but all things considered that's not such a bad punishment - when I have the only girl I care about back, what else really matters? I know perfectly well not to do anything like this again, though. What a headache this whole episode was. She made me apologize so many times that I think my voice box is sore.

I miss the days when the male of any relationship wouldn't cave into to a woman. All he had to do was point to a kitchen or make some kind of food sign and she'd obey willingly and make him a sammich. The good old days.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad to hear that all is well again, Dr. Casey.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
    I'd like to respond to everyone's posts, but that's a bit unmanageable at this point. Many thanks for the comments, everyone. We sorted things out yesterday. She demanded that I delete every messenger conversation I've ever had with Sarah and rip up any picture I owned with her in there (though she allowed me to just cut out certain portions for photographs I really cared for), but all things considered that's not such a bad punishment - when I have the only girl I care about back, what else really matters? I know perfectly well not to do anything like this again, though. What a headache this whole episode was. She made me apologize so many times that I think my voice box is sore.
    Now that is going overboard. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Now that is going overboard. Yikes!
    I'd have to agree, but let's not get into that. They've sorted things out and that's what matters.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Heh, I just need to comment on the 'if your girlfriend did this to you you would be angry too' deal.

Really it wouldn't even phase me. Being a guy and all I can understand the 'man I wish I had taken it while I had a chance' deal. In addition at least most guys I know would mean it jokingly. Sounds mostly like Dr. Casey here was treating her like 'one of the guys' The only real effect it would have on me is a double take on their morals(ie. someone who seriously means that is probably looser sexually than I am... however, that isn't enough to make me dump a person. I would simply note it down for future reference).

I do have one thing to say about the ending of this though. I really must raise my eyebrows at the response she has. She must be VERY insecure. Not sure that type of woman would be the kind I could deal with. Not that I can deal with most types of women anyways.

Oh and one last note. Psy, it doesn't matter whether your male or female.... people will be somewhat loathe to take advice from someone calling themselves "Psychotic". Well that or they will take your advice(not caring about gender or anything) because psychotic things are cool.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

God Daniel has hair from some of his ex girlfriends, photos, teddys and more memories but I don't tell him to go and burn all his stuff. If I did he'd probably slap me or something and say that they are there for memories. I'm glad you have sorted things out but she has went a bit over the top imo. :mog:

good for you then. don't ever do that again though
    warning: i am NOT funny.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, that's a little dramatic.

I guess this is what happens when you speak your mind. . . *Takes notes*
    placeholder_text.jpeg