View Poll Results: Make this poll look like a penis.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've seen it, and did something.

8 32.00%
  • Nope, never seen it.

11 44.00%
  • I do it for the lol's.

6 24.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Bullying: Could you be next?

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

There are ways to block would-be cyber-bullies, but as long as you're on the internet, they can always find another way to contact you. With that said, I think some people should definitely learn to use ignore functions, but in #eoff people with delusions of online-self-grandeur annoy me so I kick them.

That, or I just like kicking people.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our big class project last year in CIS was to give presentations to middle schoolers about online safety and cyber bullying. I doubt it really changed the stance that any of them had on it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never even heard of this term.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have heard of this term. My solution to bullying in school was to beat up the bully; my solution to bullying online is to beat up the bully. Do you really think that you and your friends could get away with making fun of me? Really? I'll find a way to get rid of you, and it won't be by me using the block button...
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never really understood how people can be cyber-bullied. Since people treat each other like crap because they can pretend there's no one on the other side of the monitor why can't they pretend there's no one talking back to them? Just pretend it's a poorly written website with lame jokes and move on.
    Figaro Castle

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    That classmate probably didn't have the ability to completely banish the bullies from his life with the click of a button.
    Oh no, he quite did. He could have stopped taking the bus. However, what got him wasn't the fact that he couldn't avoid it. It was the simple fact that people could express such unwarranted hatred towards him for the hell of it. It's a concept some people just can't get, that they can't handle, and then that happens.
    The emotional and physical implications of real-world bullying are so far removed from cyber-bullying it's hardly even worth comparing them. If someone has killed themselves over cyber-bullying I would like to proclaim the ultimate in weak sauce.

If I've ever been cyber-bullied, it didn't leave much of an impression on me because I don't remember it. I am a frequent user of block/ignore functionality, however.

Blog Entries

Cyber-bullying is a lie spread by newspapers and bleeding-heart educational committees. Getting bullied over the internet is easily stopped by blocking the offendants, or, you know, disconnecting from the mothersmurfing internet. If somebody sends me a flame PM or says I look gay in one of my Youtube videos, I attempt to care, I really do.

there was a picture here

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Some girl at our school was crying because some guy said she was 'Cheese' and had a big forehead.

Emotions are for WUSSIES.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post
    Some girl at our school was crying because some guy said she was 'Cheese' and had a big forehead.

First time i actually agree with you..

I'd better lie down..

Blog Entries

Weaksauce, perhaps. But that's no reason to insult the hell out of them under any medium, if you ask me.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg View Post

First time i actually agree with you..

I'd better lie down..
    That's how it starts.

Wait till you get that headache.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I've never really understood how people can be cyber-bullied. Since people treat each other like crap because they can pretend there's no one on the other side of the monitor why can't they pretend there's no one talking back to them? Just pretend it's a poorly written website with lame jokes and move on.
    It isn't always a message sent directly to the victim, there's tons of cases where the bully makes a web page (usually a myspace profile nowadays) pretending to be the victim, and says things that may damage their reputation. They'll take pictures of them in the locker room and post it online, and smarter bullies have hacked into livejournal accounts to print out private entries and spread them around school. Or just make them up :P

I haven't witnessed too much of this happening in my school, luckily n.n

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    There are ways to block would-be cyber-bullies, but as long as you're on the internet, they can always find another way to contact you. With that said, I think some people should definitely learn to use ignore functions, but in #eoff people with delusions of online-self-grandeur annoy me so I kick them.

That, or I just like kicking people.
    You kick me all the time. ;_;

Anyway, I've seen lots of it. I've even done it, but to people that deserve it, like bullying back the bullies. I try to do something about it if I have the power. But Greyskull doesn't always hear my call. ;_;
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I don't do anything about it because it's the internet.

Sometimes I'll engage in it though, if I'm bored enough. HAY FONZ WANNA PULL A PRANK WITH ME AND DAN?
    LOL PRETTY SNEAKY SIS

Cyberbullying. OMG I love sensaitonalist terms like that. There's been "cyberbullying" since the internet started. We just called it trolling.

If you ever start to take some random anonymous's words on the internet seriously, then I think acquiring some some UV rays is in order.
    Yes, I drew all of these in under 10 minutes each