Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how does auron....

Default how does auron....

manage to travel from spira to dream zanarkand to help tidus at thne start of the game?
    is this ever explained?

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)Being from zanarkand, jecht as sin has the ability to travel between spira and dream zanarkand (for reasons i cant remember but theyre there)

Auron rides jecht to get there. It might help that he's unsent but im not sure
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yup. (SPOILER)He tells Tidus that being undead has it's advantages, by being undead he was able to ride Sin and go to dream Zanarkand.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    (SPOILER)Being from zanarkand, jecht as sin has the ability to travel between spira and dream zanarkand (for reasons i cant remember but theyre there)

Auron rides jecht to get there. It might help that he's unsent but im not sure
    (SPOILER)Jecht being from DZ has nothing to do with it, other than a possible greater chance of going to DZ than otherwise, since Jecht likes to see Tidus. Its simply because DZ is located out on the sea somewhere, and Sin, any incarnation of Sin, can travel to DZ. Auron, like Jecht and Tidus, can ride Sin to and from DZ provided Sin is headingto and from DZ. When Braska defeated Sin with Jecht, Jecht became Sin, and Auron, after his death, hitched a ride to DZ to watch over Tidus as per Jecht's request.

The technical explanation is that because Sin is made of pyreflies bound using gravitational magic to it, it can temporarily bind any entity made of pyreflies, such as the Unsent Auron and the aeon's Tidus and Jecht. This is why they can ride Sin. It also explains "Sin's Toxin" in normal folk, but that's another topic entirely.

(SPOILER)so dream zanarkand is an actual physical place? io jus assumed it was either a metaphor or was only the in nthe minds of the faith since it was them that was dreaming it. suppose that makes it a bit more clear

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

(SPOILER)Yes, and it's one of the most misunderstood aspects of the game. Calling it 'Dream' Zanarkand makes one of think of dreams in real life, insubstantial products of our minds. But in Spira, Pyreflies can give substance to the dreams of the Fayth.

Tidus quite reasonably assumes that because he encounters the ruins of the real Zanarkand (which has been that way for 1000 years) that he traveled in time. The player is left to assume that as well for most of the game.

Since both Zanarkand and DZ coexist in Spira at the same time they must logically exist in different places.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The japanese ultimania guide published by Square has a picture of DZ on an island.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

anyone know if these ultimanias i keep hearing about will ever be published in english?

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    (SPOILER)so dream zanarkand is an actual physical place? io jus assumed it was either a metaphor or was only the in nthe minds of the faith since it was them that was dreaming it. suppose that makes it a bit more clear
    (SPOILER)They call it "the dream of the fayth", but in reality, dream Zanarkand is essentially one massive Aeon. Remember, Yu-Yevon is channelling all the fayth from the ancient Zanarkand into a single summoning, and that summoning is dream Zanarkand and all its inhabitants. Thus, like the Aeons, dream Zanarkand has an actual physical form, an aggregate of pyreflies.

While Sin probably had a connection to dream Zanarkand because of the connection it held to Yu-Yevon, the important connection was Jecht's connection to dream Zanarkand. Unlike the other guardians who became Sin, he actually knew of dream Zanarkand, and his drive to return home and find his son was still there. He found dream Zanarkand again, and, as Sin, was able to take the unsent Auron there as well.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    anyone know if these ultimanias i keep hearing about will ever be published in english?
    No. The Ultimania series of guides likely contains too much information to be localized without using a substantial amount of company resources.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

well that jus aint good enough

kinda on topic but not really
    when they fall through the ice where did all that crap come from? had it always been resting on sins back or had it been dredged up from the lake floor
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    when they fall through the ice where did all that crap come from? had it always been resting on sins back or had it been dredged up from the lake floor
    It was probably ruins left from the Machina War, like the ones at the bottom of the Moonflow.

If that was a frozen lake, then the real question is, when they broke through, how could they breathe and talk?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    It was probably ruins left from the Machina War, like the ones at the bottom of the Moonflow.

If that was a frozen lake, then the real question is, when they broke through, how could they breathe and talk?
    All that crap, as you put it, was ruins left from the Machina War.

As for why they can breath, the water is down by their ankles if you'd care to view the scene again... Though then the FMV of Sin sleeping does give an odd sense of perspective... *shrugs*

i knew what it was ruins, scrap, debris... crap what i wanted to know is how it got on sins back, i would figure that traveling through the ocean and the natural defenses would keep the body of sin clean. so the only way i can see the debris getting there would be like a submarine smashing through a shipwreak and ending up with lil bits caught on and trailing so by that analogy there could have been a trashed city that used to ride on macalania lake then when it was destroyed and the pieces sank and most of it fell through the hole sin came in and some just got caught up like branches in a stream still allowing water to pass through since most of the ruins seen in spira had huge windows and what would appear to be little living space
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???