Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Jecht A Dream?? (COMPLETE SPOILER)

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Jecht could get to Spira because "Dream Zanarkand" is an actual physical location somewhere in Spira. The city isn't really a dream, but a huge Aeon, all the inhabitants are also technically Aeons with their own wills. So Jecht, Tidus, etc were all physical beings in the real world, that's why it's possible for them to get from Dream Zanarkand to Spira.

As for what happened after the game ended and Tidus jumped off the ship, idunno :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Jecht could get to Spira because "Dream Zanarkand" is an actual physical location somewhere in Spira. The city isn't really a dream, but a huge Aeon, all the inhabitants are also technically Aeons with their own wills. So Jecht, Tidus, etc were all physical beings in the real world, that's why it's possible for them to get from Dream Zanarkand to Spira.

As for what happened after the game ended and Tidus jumped off the ship, idunno .
    Mmm... Just a quick question. If Tidus is basically an Aeon, why didn't Yu Yevon possess him during the final battle? I've actually been thinking about this ever since I finished playing X. Either Yu Yevon just didn't know, or Tidus isn't really classified as an Aeon.

well, ur right i mean maybe the fayth didnt let Yu-Yevon take control of Tidus or tidus isnt thought 2 be an aeon, Tidus isnt an aeon for the fact, he is a dream and how can u become a aeon when ur a dream??
    the fayth summoned Tidus as a dream therefore he cant be a aeon as he couldnt have been taken by Yu-Yevon but then again who knows..

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

As for what happened after the game ended and Tidus jumped off the ship, idunno :p.
    Mmm... Just a quick question. If Tidus is basically an Aeon, why didn't Yu Yevon possess him during the final battle? I've actually been thinking about this ever since I finished playing X. Either Yu Yevon just didn't know, or Tidus isn't really classified as an Aeon.
    That's a good question. He might be a bit different than regular aeons, because after all, he isn't summoned through a human summoner. But that's just guesswork.

I don't think this invalidates the theory about Zanarkand and its residents being summoned by the fayth though.

It doesn't. I believe that is stated in the Ultimania guides as fact (though technically, they're summoned by Yu Yevon, not the fayth which merely provide the raw information that YY can use when summoning). As for Tidus, my only guess is that to possess Tidus, he'd have to possess all of DZ (like he had to possess all three Magus Sisters) and that may just not be possible for Yu Yevon.

The only issue this possibility raises is why was Yu Yevon able to possess Jecht. I think the way around this is to consider that YY possessed Braska's Final Aeon, and not Jecht. Treat the two as different entities. He couldn't possess Jecht as a human Aeon, but when he became a Fayth and Final Aeon too, that he could capitalise upon...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I was actually wanting to mention that Yu Yevon was summoning Zanarkand and all that, but I wasn't entirely sure, so I left it out.

It's called a plot hole, just like the kind that lets Irvine shoot at Edea through the back wall of her parade float, or that lets Irvine not get arrested while Squall, Rinoa, Quistis and the others all do.

Too bad though; killing Tidus after killing all the Aeons would have ruled.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It doesn't have to be a plot hole. So far, some of the people in here just don't know all the details.

Well... I think Jetch is like more than a dream because he was brought to Spira to be the guardian for Braska. Then he turned to Sin. So I guess Sin is a dream, too?

no, Sin is an aeon, Braska Chose Jecht to become Sin, Jecht didnt know that he was going 2 be sin, braska asked jecht and jecht said yes however jecht is a dream taking control of an aeon, he was the only one who had to be Sin

Blog Entries

Maybe when people become fayth they gain some kind of power allowing them to create people from their minds.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Aeons are dreams too.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Or dreams are aeons. It's just unusual terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    Well... I think Jetch is like more than a dream because he was brought to Spira to be the guardian for Braska. Then he turned to Sin. So I guess Sin is a dream, too?
    No. Jecht was not brought to Spira for any purpose. It was an accident, nothing more.

However, the act of ending up in Spira did make him more than a Dream in a way, as real people will now remember him, which is more than can be said for DZ which can be turned on and off at Yu Yevon's whim.

Quote Originally Posted by blade-maniac53 View Post
    no, Sin is an aeon, Braska Chose Jecht to become Sin, Jecht didnt know that he was going 2 be sin, braska asked jecht and jecht said yes however jecht is a dream taking control of an aeon, he was the only one who had to be Sin
    No. Sin is not an aeon. Sin is a magical construct built by Yu Yevon. Sin is made of pyreflies bonded and shaped by gravity magic onto whatever aeon is at Sin's core. Summoning magic is very similar (ie, its the formation of pyreflies into a physical entity), but it takes a completely different method.

Braska did not choose Jecht to be Sin. Jecht volunteered to be the fayth of Braska's Final Aeon.

Jecht does not take control of any aeons. Jecht is by his very nature an Aeon, and then becomes a Final Aeon too. He is then possessed by Yu Yevon (who then builds a new Sin on top of BFA using magic and pyreflies, not summoning magic).

Anyone could be Sin, provided they happened to be an aeon in the presence of Yu Yevon shortly after the previous Sin-Core was killed. Even the temple Aeons could be sin if Yuna and co ran off during the final battles.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Maybe when people become fayth they gain some kind of power allowing them to create people from their minds.
    That's a way of thinking about it. The fayth dream of a physical entity, and when a summoner summons, they use the fayth's dream and manipulate pyreflies to give the dream a physical structure.

I agree that the terminology is awkward. It seems a lot of people get hung up on the word dream and think that DZ is inherently imaginary. I personally think that the terminology is quite poetic, but then I wouldn't know a good poem if it was staring me in the face...

Yu Yevon is responsible for the creation of ghosts. Of course, Jecht was a dream. After beating Yu Yevon, all of the ghosts have disappeared. Jecht and Tidus were real persons though, Yu Yevon who summoned Sin drained souls from people including Jecht and Tidus whose Sin swallowed.