Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomura's last Final Fantasy

Default Nomura's last Final Fantasy

I don't know if their was a thread about this. If their is i was too lazy to check. Well apparently i was snooping around on google and found this. Whats your opinion about this. Are u okay with him leaving or not. Plus he's going to start being more focus on Kingdom Hearts III.

Google Image Result for http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/02/mr33.jpg

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

No im not happy, kingdom hearts sucks

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Kingdom Hearts was doomed from the start, so I'd be more than glad if Nomura would focus all his "talent" that way. Then something would just have to be done about Kitase and Toriyama, and Final Fantasy may actually have a shot at quality again.

Banned

I doubt he will stop, since I think Square-Enix will keep making FF games until the end of the world. But even if they did, I wouldn't be sad.

In fact, now that I think about it, they probably won't stop. Sure, they might stop making games with "Final Fantasy" in the title, but they will still continue to make more new games, whether or not they have "FF" in the title. In other words, they basically are FF without the actual name.

I am glad that he's focusing on Kingdom Hearts, though I still wish he would release Final Mix+ to the West.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    I doubt he will stop, since I think Square-Enix will keep making FF games until the end of the world. But even if they did, I wouldn't be sad.

In fact, now that I think about it, they probably won't stop. Sure, they might stop making games with "Final Fantasy" in the title, but they will still continue to make more new games, whether or not they have "FF" in the title. In other words, they basically are FF without the actual name.
    By no means does "No more FFs from Nomura" equal no more FFs at all. He didn't even have a creative influence on the series until FFVII, and more recently, he had nothing to do with FFXII.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post

By no means does "No more FFs from Nomura" equal no more FFs at all. He didn't even have a creative influence on the series until FFVII, and more recently, he had nothing to do with FFXII.
    Oh, I guess I misunderstood it.

What about the rumored remake of FF7? I think he might still do that.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Nooo!

Nomura rules!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Kingdom Hearts was doomed from the start, so I'd be more than glad if Nomura would focus all his "talent" that way. Then something would just have to be done about Kitase and Toriyama, and Final Fantasy may actually have a shot at quality again.
    Kishi worded it the best.

I'd be beyond ecstatic. Maybe we'll see the use of useless belts in clothing go down once he's long gone too.

Ehhh...Nomura was disappointing with KH. I wonder what he'll rustle up for FFvXIII.

He's not essential.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Given that I've not been a very big fan of any of Nomura's Final Fantasy titles, I don't think I'm too upset by this.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Given that I've not been a very big fan of any of Nomura's Final Fantasy titles, I don't think I'm too upset by this.
    Given that Nomura's never been in charge of an FF title before Versus XIII, I'm not sure how you could criticize anything but his character designs.

I actually enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts games (though the second was nowhere near as good as the first), but I've never really cared for Nomura's character designs, and don't think his game directing style suits the series. I suppose we'll see how Versus XIII turns out, but I wouldn't mind seeing him focus on other series.

As far as character designs go I always preferred Amano's character designs over Nomura's...

Maybe we'll see the use of useless belts in clothing go down once he's long gone too
    "Whatever" (moody Squallish look) Kee hee hee
    And maybe the characters will start looking different now as well, not the repeated rehashing of the 'girly blonde hero' archetype he overkilled.
    Too big.

Articles
    Blog Entries

i like all FFs but being that V, VI, VII, VIII & X are all rank pretty high with me, its sad news. However, I doubt he'll never work on another one ever, after KH3 and the side titles, what else is he gonna do?

i must say you have an interesting definition of "doomed." While i myself don't have any interest in them, the KH games have been immensely successful and receive consistently great reviews upon release. The same could be said about your definition of "quality". VII, VIII, & X are the most successful installments in the series not only commercially but critically as well. The only ones who would disagree with the latter (not even critics themselves) are, ironically, people on internet forums such as these. and they are in the minority, all the while insisting that what they say is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    i must say you have an interesting definition of "doomed." While i myself don't have any interest in them, the KH games have been immensely successful and receive consistently great reviews upon release. The same could be said about your definition of "quality". VII, VIII, & X are the most successful installments in the series not only commercially but critically as well. The only ones who would disagree with the latter (not even critics themselves) are, ironically, people on internet forums such as these. and they are in the minority, all the while insisting that what they say is true.
    Yeah, well, majority doesn't necessarily equal right.

I'm not claiming an opinion here; just pointing out a flaw in your argument.

Somebody who is not Amano had better be coming to replace Nomura. All of Amano's artwork looks the same, and I feel really sorry for the graphic artists having to work with it: they basically have to decide for themselves what the face is gonna look like and what the clothes are gonna be. His art communicates so little in terms of a literal image it hurts. Sure, some may say that he "captures a mood" but though it won't be shown in the character's face.

For God's sake Mr. Amano, the idea that all Japanese people look alike isn't true: It's a racist stereotype. Stop playing up to it.

Sorry, rant over. Again.