Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opiumcloud's Ultimate Final Fantasy Test

Default Opiumcloud's Ultimate Final Fantasy Test

Here it is.

Try taking it with no reference materials. Enjoy the madness.
    My ranking and rating of each FF game...
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=97298

Apparently, I'm a Level 61 FF Geek. I didn't know anything from Final Fantasy's 1 to 5, so i just guessed those questions.

You are a Lv. 40 Final Fantasy geek!

And I've only finished FFVII, X and XII.

Level 70. Putting in questions that require D&D and Seiken Densetsu knowledge is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjolras View Post
    I didn't know anything from Final Fantasy's 1 to 5, so i just guessed those questions.
    Ditto. I got Lv59.

Level 51! I guessed the qu's about FF9 and FFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Ehhh...I dont like it.

Ridiculous FFVII bias. Not enough FFIX.

I got Lvl 44.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I'm nearly done, but some of these questions are horrible:

"Who does Yuna resemble most?"
    "Of these items, which is most useful to have 10 or more of, in a fight against Ultimecia?"
    "Who is Squall's father?" (One of the options is "There's no hard evidence")
    "Jenova is to WEAPON as Cetra is to __________"
    "What is the most difficult of these Final Fantasy "challenges"?"

Those are up to personal opinion. I think Yuna looks most like Yunalesca out of the options you gave, but others may think she looks like Lenne.

You are a Lv. 79 Final Fantasy geek!
    Your knowledge of the FF series is truly impressive. And you may not have much of a life outside of it. As an FF arch-geek, you like to post on forums, flaming anyone who likes Mystic Quest, and probably have an FF-related screen name that you use for all of your logins, across the web. Like MasamuneInTheI. And you've probably written a full walkthrough for at least one FF game.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 11-06-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Reload -

As for the Squall's father question, I believe that one of the answers is "there's no strong indication", not "there's no hard evidence." A story can strongly indicate that something is true, without providing hard evidence of it. And that answer is definitely wrong, since any perceptive FF8 player should find a multitude of clues indicating who Squall's father is, which, together, amount to a strong indication. It's clearly something that the game developers intended for the player to discover, and not just a bunch of game elements coincidentally pointing to the same conclusion.

As for the Yuna's appearance question, finding the best answer isn't merely a matter of personal opinion. One of these characters is remarked upon in-game to resemble Yuna, and the others aren't. So that should be a fairly objective determining factor.

Of course which items to use in battle always depends on your personal preference, but for both of the questions where I asked which item was most useful in a certain battle, I was looking for the item that, if abused, would guarantee victory for any party strong enough to make it to the battle in the first place, regardless of stats, or the availability of other powerful items, special moves, or equipment. In both cases, there is only one answer representing an item of such extreme power.

If you are good at solving analogies, the answer to the analogy question should be extremely unambiguous.

That just leaves the "challenges" question, which I admit may be a little bit debateable. But the answer I'm looking for is the challenge which requires the most strategic planning, and knowledge of the game to pull off, and can't be completed merely through extreme levelling and character-powering combined with some basic knowledge about how to put together a powerful battle party under the specified limitations.

I tried to include a lot of diverse question types. So for some of them, I did enter into the territory of possible ambiguity, but I don't think I crossed the line too badly. I asked about FF7 more than FF9 because it is a more essential game to the history and culture of the series, and also because I happen to like it. I was tempted to add about 10 more Final Fantasy Tactics questions than I did, for the same reason, but I didn't want to absurdly penalize the overall score of players who hadn't played Tactics.

I would contend that someone with a thorough overall knowledge of the FF series SHOULD be able to answer more difficult questions about FF7 than about FF9, because FF7 itself is more ingrained into FF lore.

You are a Lv. 48 Final Fantasy geek!

You are an FF initiate. You know a little bit of FF trivia, and have probably beaten at least one of the games. If you haven't, then you like to hang out on FF fansites, for God-knows-what reason.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it just me, or did they ask about 20 fft questions and no ff2/3 questions?

(got lv 53)

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You are a Lv. 63 Final Fantasy geek!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    I got Lv59.
    Maybe someone should post answers.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I'm Level 48. Not a single FFXI question. :rolleyes2

Sorry. I never played FFXI, so I couldn't ask about that one. I wouldn't be able to get anywhere near lv. 99 on my own test, if it were equally difficult, but written by somebody else, using questions they knew the answers to, instead of my own questions. Maybe lv. 70-80ish, if I were lucky.