Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HL2: Orange Box

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default HL2: Orange Box

So has anyone pre-ordered this yet? It's got to be the best compilation I've ever seen for the best price I've ever seen. Can't wait to play Portal and Episode 2. In the mean time though, I've been busying myself with the TF2 beta, and my god it's amazing. There are some changes I don't care for, a lot more that I love and were sorely needed from TFC, and then there's my wonderful sniper, who's largely unchanged which suits me nicely.

So has anyone else been playing? Is anyone waiting to buy it? Is anyone crazy enough to not even want it?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm crazy enough not to want the Orange Box because I already bought HL2 and HL2 Episode 1, and I feel pretty jipped that they cancelled the box that just had Episode 2, TF2 and Portal. It's a good deal for people who are just getting into the game.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Won't be pre-ordering it, but I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the 360. Like it was supposed to a year ago. smurfing delays. I'll have to tear myself away from Halo 3 to play it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    I'm crazy enough not to want the Orange Box because I already bought HL2 and HL2 Episode 1, and I feel pretty jipped that they cancelled the box that just had Episode 2, TF2 and Portal. It's a good deal for people who are just getting into the game.
    You can sell them to a friend! How much was the box that with Episode 2, TF2 and Portal supposed to be?

my roommate got it, he's been playing Team Fortress 2 ever since it was released. I've played a little, it's pretty damn fun. It'll be worthwhile to play the other games when it comes out too, but mind you, I will not be buying one myself

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I only want episode II for the PC and I want portal for the 360. I am totally smurfed :P

Blog Entries

TF2 is the only game I want in that box.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

For the PC, I think you should be able to buy them individually off of Steam. Not a big deal.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    JKTrix already mentioned that you can buy them individually, but by buying the package deal, you save $30 off the price for all three games individually, without even counting HL2 and Ep 1 (The individual cost for everything counting those two is over $120). You save another $5 by pre-ordering as well. Seriously, even if you have HL2 and Ep 1 already, how you can't find spending $45 for what will undoubtedly be three of the most entertaining games this year worth it is beyond me. They're practically giving them away at that price. I wish more companies offered this kind of value for your money.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would've waited for another package if not for the fact that the only way to get into the TF2 beta was to preorder the Orange Box. It was definitely worth it. Come October 10 I'll probably have a little contest here to give away my extra copies of HL2 and HL2:EP1.

Did I mention that TF2 is like the greatest thing ever?

I've got mine preordered. Unfortunately, Team Fortress 2 keeps crashing my PC.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I'm obliged to pre-order it, seeing as how I'll be doing most of the Planet Half-Life's sections on Episode 2 and Portal. Chances are I'll sit down and complete both in a single session.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I think I'll wait until they make yet another compilation with all of that plus Episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Won't be pre-ordering it, but I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the 360. Like it was supposed to a year ago. smurfing delays. I'll have to tear myself away from Halo 3 to play it, though.
    Didn't they cancel the Black Box edition? Or are they still bringing it to Xbox360?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I think I'll wait until they make yet another compilation with all of that plus Episode 3.
    Have fun waiting until 2009.

The Black Box was canceled for retail release on all platforms. PC users will get a similar package as well as the individual games through Steam though.