Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617182232 ... LastLast

Thread: Villain Grand Tournament

I'll just go with 2500 on Ryoko.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'm quite disappointed that nobody nominated Cardinal Albert Simon from Shadow Hearts (admittedly he escaped my mind now), because top hats = win.
    I wanted to nominate him but I forgot his name. I would have probably put Roger Bacon.

Blog Entries

Ridley? Meh, not so sure if he'll win...

10 on Ridley. >_>

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:PAX was awesome, but man have I been looking forward to writing this fight. Let us begin.

Swirling pyreflies flew aimlessly about the massive ruins as two figures stood on opposite ends of the field.

One was a massive black creature, much akin to a dragon. Its frame was black, almost skeletal, and its eyes were white slits. Two wings jutted from its back, the membrane a bright orange, and its hands and feet were adorned with vicious claws. Its beak-like mouth contained a row of razor sharp teeth, and a thin tail lashed behind it.

The other appeared to be an ordinary Japanese school girl, dressed in a blue skirt with a white top. Her collar was blue, and she wore a blue undershirt underneath. Her hair was long and blue, the only feature to distinguish her from most normal Japanese girls.

"The next battle is between the space pirate Ridley and the humanoid interface Asakura Ryoko," Light said, obviously bored at the prospect of a massive dragon tearing into a defenseless little girl. His hand idly spun a pen, and a black notebook was open on his desk, although he did not write in it. "Begin."

Ridley, for his part, looked just as confused as Light about the nature of his opponent. Ryoko, on the other hand, simply smiled warmly at the signal to begin.

Ridley slowly advanced on Ryoko, who made no move to defend herself. As Ridley approached Ryoko, the air around him seemed to shimmer briefly, just out of the corner of his eye. Entering range and seeing no movement from Ryoko, Ridley drew himself up to full height and inhaled sharply, exhaling a massive burst of flame.

"How boring," Ryoko said, still smiling. As the flames prepared to engulf her, she waved her hand and the flames dissolved into a stream of green numbers and symbols, washing harmlessly over her.

"You've entered the area of my data jurisdiction," Ryoko said as Ridley snarled in confusion. "Thank you for approaching so slowly and cautiously. You've given me plenty of time to spread my control over the area."

Ridley's claws shot out, but Ryoko jumped away, easily dodging the attack. The air in the area seemed to shimmer as lines of data could be seen around the ruins. The lines seemed to be spreading outward at a slow but steady pace, enveloping more and more of the ruins.

"You see," Ryoko said, "this form I'm using isn't particularly strong. While its physical parameters obviously exceed that of a normal human, overall it is a fairly weak body when compared to a less evolved lifeform such as yourself."

"Less evolved?" Ridley snarled.

"Oh. So you can talk," Ryoko said, almost pleased. "Perhaps you are not as much an evolutionary throwback as I had thought. However, you are still an unpolished creature. Ugly. Brutish. Stupid."

Ridley's eyes narrowed even more as he launched himself into the air, launching several balls of fire at Ryoko. Ryoko waved her hand, and the flames dissolved in an instant.

"It's no good. By now the entire area is under my data jurisdiction. I could stop your body's functioning entirely if I so desired."

As if to emphasize her words, Ridley suddenly froze in place, his body unable to move. He remained suspended in the sky as if nailed there, his wings extended as if ready to pounce.

Ryoko traced a pattern through the air with her finger, and a trail of military combat knives appeared, suspended in midair. All of their blades were leveled at Ridley. With a dismissive flick of her wrist, Ryoko unleashed the blades, which sprang towards Ridley with unerring accuracy, only to bounce off his bony scales.

"Oh? You're a bit tougher than I thought you'd be," Ryoko said.

Turning her back to Ridley, she began walking towards the ruins of a large tower. As she turned, Ridley was suddenly able to move again. It beat its wings frantically in order to regain its balance before streaking towards Ryoko, claws extended.

"You're so tenacious," Ryoko murmured as Ridley drew closer. "It's somewhat... annoying."

Ridley flew into a huge column of light that formed a shield and wrapped itself around Ryoko's body. Ridley was thrown back, his body skidding across the ground as he dug his claws into the stone to slow himself.

Ryoko delicately laid her hand on the building.

"This city has an abundance of data," she said, almost to herself. "Human lives began and were ended in this place. It is a remarkable thing to see."

She turned to face Ridley, still smiling sweetly.

"However, I've studied data like this countless times. This data tells me nothing new, nor important. It, like much human history, is meaningless. Foolish stories that give us no greater knowledge than that they existed."

Ridley moved to attack again, but found his body once again was immobile.

"Why do we waste our time with such lesser beings?" Ryoko ruminated. "Why do we give so much attention to creatures so limited and primitive in their communication?"

She stopped, smiling again, although this time a hint of malice seemed to make its way into her expression.

"It's because we find them interesting. As a child nurtures a farm of ants, we too find you pathetic and primitive life-forms interesting. Sadly, you've failed to live up to my expectations. You bore me. It's almost frustrating that the same word, 'alien' could be applied to such a stupid creature as yourself and one such as I," she said.

"So, please die."

The ruined buildings of Zanarkand were suddenly and violently ripped from the ground. Their forms compressed into hundreds of huge stone lances. The lances sprang forward, piercing Ridley's wings and body and pinning it to the ground. Ridley roared in pain as the lances tore through his flesh, digging into the ground and keeping him immobile, like a butterfly on display.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Ryoko said. "My data jurisdiction doesn't just give me control over your movement. I took the liberty of rearranging your physical composition, making your flesh far more fragile than even mine appears to be. But then, I suppose you figured that out, didn't you?"

Ryoko gave Ridley an angelic smile as a final stone lance crushed his skull, draining the life from his eyes.

"Asakura Ryoko is the winner," Light said, looking somewhat surprised but not altogether unhappy.

Advent VII: 23,500
    Ashley Schovitz: 5,000
    chibitenchi86: 57,000
    Eiko Guy: 50,100
    f f freak: 35,000
    Firo Volondé: 308,258
    Hazzard: 82,600
    Kentarou: 6,990
    Laddy: 24,000
    LunarWeaver: 20,500
    Magus of Zeal: 40,000
    Mercen-X: 36,500
    Ninja Ryu: 59,988
    professor_scissors: 586,000
    Rase: 1,120,000
    Rocket Edge: 44,000
    ShunNakamura: 32,500
    Starlight Angel: 12,130,000
    Studder: 19,000
    Triumphant Hero: 1,415,000
    TyphoonThaReapa: 74,750
    Vivi22: 16,500
    Zante: 283,900
    ZauberSternerin: 24,000

The second battle is between Xemnas and Hollow Ichigo. It will take place in Dracula's Throne Room. The fight will be posted either Wednesday or Thursday. Betting will be open until that time.

"Ja, shinde?"

Wheeeeeee Ryoko. Anyway, 50,000 on Hollow Ichigo.

Bank on H.Ichigo
    Last edited by Hazzard; 08-28-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Gimme 100,000 clams on Photo Negative Ichigo.

Xemnas!

10k!

Hollow Ichigo ftw!

Articles
    Blog Entries

As much as I hate Bleach, I will bet 10K on Hollow Ichigo.

My bet: 30k to "go" . . . Go Ichigo, go! Bring me to 60, k?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

I think Ichigo did quite well in the other tournament, so 10,000 goes on him.

The damn anime characters can't always be the victors! :mog:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    The damn anime characters can't always be the victors! :mog:
    They just make them too damn powerful. :-\

EDIT: 25,000K on Ichigo.
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 08-28-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Str8 Pimpin'