Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6162021222324252627282930313236 ... LastLast

Thread: Villain Grand Tournament

going against the crowd. 150,000 on ocelot.

bank on Siegfried Schtauffen! AKA Nightmare.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:OK, announcement time. I've been toying with the idea of redoing the World of Eizon, using the money earned from the Grand Tournament as a spring board. I'll let players use the (in many cases extremely large) amount of money they're earning here in order to create their own countries or merge with other players to create nations with cities and such. The world-building would be interactive, players could create various creatures and such and even earn money for "discovering" them.

Also integrated into the game would be a roleplay system based around the Final Fantasy worlds (this is, after all, a Final Fantasy site). Players would get to build characters and even have them become stronger and use them for various roleplay purposes such as leading armies or going on adventures within the world. Players would, of course, not be required to take part in the aspects of the game they aren't interested, there will be plenty to do and your level of involvement is completely up to you.

Grand Tournaments would still be happening and would still be ways to earn money, I'd likely phase out the original character tournaments for awhile (but eventually have such tournaments occur between people's characters on occasion) and they'd be a large source of money. I'd also have several factors to determine one's population, happiness, etc., so that the element of country micromanaging is available to those who want it (especially as money is spent constructing cities and building resources). The game is designed to be ever-evolving, so more structures and creatures and players can keep entering the game, although new countries would happen less often (though the entire map wouldn't be initially revealed, as there are unexplored regions).

Anyone at all interested in taking part in this should say so in their betting post. I'll be looking for co-coordinators as well as players, and all your funds are transferable. If I get a good amount of interest here, I'll take it to general chat, and if enough people express interest I will proceed with the construction of the world.

Anyway, enough rambling, on to the violence!

Two figures faced off in a cobblestone square, in the middle of which was a fountain depicting a warrior mounted on a bird-like creature and holding a lance. Around the fountain were artfully arranged plants, and a sea of banners led up to an impressive castle in the distance.

Lounging about the square were several characters in various garb. Several bore carts and speech bubbles above their head broadcasting wares or making lewd comments. Several had odd "pictures" made of various symbols. Other figures were speaking through large chat bubbles appearing above their head, and most of the time the words were stunted or otherwise incorrectly spelled. The most common topic of conversation seemed to be the words "heal plz."

One was an older man with long gray hair and an impressive moustache. He wore a long black trenchcoat, a gray vest and gray pants. Under his vest was a white dress shirt and red tie, and he wore a bandolier of bullets. In both hands, he held a revolver, which he rapidly twirled in his hands.

On the other side of the fountain stood a figure in azure armor. His right arm was a mass of unholy flesh that ended in a huge claw, and his left hand held a mostly organic sword with a huge yellow eye in the center of the blade. A shock of long red hair trailed from his helmet.

"The next battle is between Revolver Ocelot and Nightmare," Light said from the top of the castle, wearing rich garments befitting a noble. "Begin."

Hefting his huge blade, Nightmare began advancing on Ocelot, who was still twirling his guns. As he advanced, Ocelot fired two shots, both of which hit Nightmare's hand, causing him to loosen his grip on his sword, which almost fell from his hand and drove him off balance.

Twirling his revolvers, Ocelot fired two shots, one into either of Nightmare's glowing red eyes as he backed away at a leisurely pace.

Nightmare staggered back, hissing as energy began gathering around his body. Righting himself, he was immediately knocked to the ground as two more bullets buried themselves in his burning eye socket.

Two more shots were fired, sinking into Nightmare’s clawed hand and tearing open the flesh. Before Nightmare could even move, two more bullets entered the chinks in the armor of his left hand, causing his hand to open in pain and drop his sword on the ground with a clatter. Two further bullets slammed into the blade, sending it spinning away from Nightmare.

Nightmare slowly and painfully began to rise as Ocelot quickly removed the revolving chamber from his guns and reloaded them with casual efficiency.

Spinning his guns, Ocelot shot Nightmare in the eyes again, sending him spinning backwards and falling to the ground. Ocelot then began toying with Nightmare as he began to rise, ricocheting bullets off various objects and into the chinks in Nightmare’s armor. Each time a bullet struck him, Nightmare gave a howl of pain, which grew progressively weaker with each shot until finally he lay still.

Ocelot reloaded his revolvers and shot Nightmare a few more times for good measure before walking off.

“Revolver Ocelot is the winner,” Light proclaimed.

Advent VII: 6,000
    Ashley Schovitz: 0
    chibitenchi86: 1,200,000
    Darkja: 100,000
    Darth Tjador: 15,000
    Dynast-Kid: 13,000
    Elite Lord Sigma: 4,000,000
    Eiko Guy: 45,100
    f f freak: 2,000
    Firo Volondé: 0
    Hazzard: 3,741,600
    Kentarou: 6,990
    Laddy: 144,980
    LunarWeaver: 33,500
    Mc'Lovin: 0
    Mercen-X: 406,000
    Ninja Ryu: 59,988
    Palladin Bobo: 10,000
    professor_scissors: 11,000,000
    Rase: 1,500,000
    Rocket Edge: 356,000
    saf: 30,000
    Slicksword45: 425,000
    ShunNakamura: 60,000
    Spammerman: 10,000
    Starlight Angel: 18,040,000
    Studder: 19,000
    The Unknown Guru: 20,000
    Triumphant Hero: 2,750,000
    Tsukasa: 110,000
    TyphoonThaReapa: 74,750
    Vivi22: 16,500
    Zante: 313,900
    ZauberSternerin: 24,000

The next battle is between Venom and Axel. It will take place in the Zaraki district of Rukongai. The fight will be posted either Monday or Tuesday. Betting will be open until that time.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

30k on axel
    Last edited by Eiko Guy; 10-06-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Dang, I underestimated Ocelot's insane aim.

Let's do 250,000 on Axel, since Venom's not a fan of fire.
    Last edited by Rase; 10-07-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

1k on Venom.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Man, guns are awesome.

3,000,000 on Axel.

1,040,000 on Axel o.o

900,000 on axel.

Articles
    Blog Entries

5k on Axel.

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

I'll jump in here and put 5k on Axel.

Banking on Axel
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

If Axel didn't use fire, this fight would be far fairer. However, I can't see Venom winning against something it despises so much. I'll wager 500,000 on Axel. I'll also give the World of Eizon idea a try, too.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I think that fight with Ocelot and Venom was kinda cheap and since when has Ocelot had gray long hair? Nightmare defeated an army on his own so I would think he would be able to defeat a single gunman.
    Since I have no money now I can't participate anymore?

Yellow Winged Angel