Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Significance of the Enigmatic Soldier in KH2 FM?

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default The Significance of the Enigmatic Soldier in KH2 FM?

I know that on top of the secret ending in FM, and that you can fight the Enigmatic Soldier as an optional boss, but does anyone know if there is any significance to him in FM? Like is there any kind of story part about him, or did Square just put him there for the hell of it because he is in the secret ending?

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Apparently, he's supposed to play an important role. Nomura said it himself that the battle wouldn't be near-impossible like Sephiroth.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Come on Sephi wasn't that hard you just had to get used to timing attacks and dodges.
    I doubt FM+ will get a UK release so I won't be able to play it anyway.

Well, I hope they give some kind of story with him. I don't want them to just throw him in there. And Sephy was easy as hell.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

His primary role thus far, is an extra boss, and is really only as a precursor/lead-in to the next Kingdom Hearts installation, whether it be spinoff, like CoM, or the next number, KHIII. He's kind of like Nazo-no-Otoko in the original KHI FM: a boss, while not relevant yet, his identity will soon be of significant importance. His words will make sense only in the next game.

Also, he is much more difficult than Sephiroth, as many YouTube videos will support.

well we know he is A young Xehanort, and the next game might be about him, so maybe it is a taste of the Past in the future.

Remember what happened happened 5 minutes from now
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Which Character Are You? Find out Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsray View Post
    well we know he is A young Xehanort, and the next game might be about him, so maybe it is a taste of the Past in the future.

Remember what happened happened 5 minutes from now
    How do you know that the soldier is a young Xehanort??? Where did you find the info cause I look everywhere and have never seen that?

Well, I meant he doesn't have as much HP.

Anyway, I think Nomura actually said this armored soldier is Roxas. Or at least he commented that he makes an appearance.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

mickey does not suit fighting at all... he was a little cartoon made for little children and when they show him as the "kick ass" type it looks so stupid, unless he was in his sorcerer outfit it and help by casting spells it would look better... well at leaste thats what i think, what about you guys?
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Well, I meant he doesn't have as much HP.

Anyway, I think Nomura actually said this armored soldier is Roxas. Or at least he commented that he makes an appearance.
    Only because Nomura's character design revolves around making characters that look lik other characters. "Roxas" appears, only because Nomura doesn't have a very creative imagination regarding characters.

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    mickey does not suit fighting at all... he was a little cartoon made for little children and when they show him as the "kick ass" type it looks so stupid... well at leaste thats what i think, what about you guys?
    If you truly knew the premise of the old Disney cartoons, Mickey exhibits a style of pwn that can never be matched.

Tavrobel's gotta big point. Mickey is the best at this style of acrobatic, fancy fighting. He fits the image, nicely.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Tavrobel's gotta big point. Mickey is the best at this style of acrobatic, fancy fighting. He fits the image, nicely.
    Swing and a miss.

i Mickey might be playable, at least i hope, i wanna do some Yoda-style Pwnage
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Swing and a miss.
    I've been to Disneyland. I've seen the old movie reels. Mick was a rabblerouser, a troublemaker. Sure Officer Pete was a badass, but what he dished out Mickey brought on himself. One of Mickey's early depictions was as a Clyde to Minnie's Bonnie.

When exactly did this little rat make the shift from slickshyt to romodel?

i am terribly confused about the ES

one place say his name is Aero, seeing that when you fight him, he mentions the name Xehanort as an Enemy, so his friends are Ven and Aqua(n)