Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow. This gave over 800 kids seizures. Cool

Default Wow. This gave over 800 kids seizures. Cool

There's an episode of Pokemon back in the first season that was banned across the globe after it gave 800+ kids seizures. I am posting the moment that caused the majority of the seizures. Do not watch if you are epileptic (sp), had seizures, or afraid that you will have a seizure.

Do not watch if you are epileptic (sp), had seizures, or afraid that you will have a seizure.

I've watched it 3 times and honestly, I felt nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Ybd0Yby68

I have a headache, but I think I had that before hand... I don't really remember lol

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That was just red and blue blinking for 3 seconds, and that was what caused all that trouble years ago?! That is hardly seizure (or headache for that matter) inducing at all.. >_>

It made my spine hurt :/ ... nothing else really. I think it was just because I was scared

800?
    And how many kids watch pokemon? Of course you're not going to feel anything, I'm sure there was more than 800 epileptic kids who watched pokemon, even!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I find it hard to believe a siezure, epileptic or otherwise, could be induced by such a short thing O_o But apparently it was.

It made my back hurt for like a second, but nothing else. =/ It probably wasn't even the pokemon clip that made my back hurt. Probably just my wierd sitting. o:

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

That was lame. My eyes didnt even roll into the back of my head.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

It made my back hurt for like a second, but nothing else. =/ It probably wasn't even the pokemon clip that made my back hurt. Probably just my wierd sitting. o:
    i think that was why my spine started to tingle. we were just scared so we sat in a awkward posture ;p

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I have seen far worse on humor sites.

Leekspin would pwn way more kids than that.
    :mario::luigi:

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

http://seizurerobots.com

That'll do it.

*editga* Apparently it's turned into a site where you can buy mail order brides AND see crazy flashing seizure robots! That's just slightly more entertaining.

There's no history of epilepsy in the family, and I certainly don't suffer from it, but the first time I watched this clip a while ago, I actually began to feel physically sick and a bit nauseous.

Incidentally, that particular incarnation of the clip clearly has the flashing slowed down. I did watch a fansubbed version encompassing about five minutes of the episode. That was what made me ill.

hmm i would think this would be old news for people but then again maybe not everyone as an obsessed pokemon fan like i use to be I remember hearing about this i think before the show was even aired in the US so my brother went and foudn it online and we watched it nothing happened.

never knew it was in the first season though thats one way to be off to a bad start.

also didnt the video game nights for sega saturn cause seizures in people??? i heard that somewheres dont know if its true.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

You guys seem to be forgetting you're watching it on a rather small screen, and low quality. Try watching it on a 36 inch TV, or larger.