Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ragnarok 2: Gate of the World

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Ragnarok Tale (fansite)
    » Fully 3-dimensional graphics, a large step up from the pixellated characters of Ragnarok Online.
    » An "anti-theft system," which is said to benefit victims of mob and experience stealing.
    » When a mob is killed, instead of items being dropped on the ground, the player will now loot the body of the mob. This prevents people from stealing loot.
    » You can now choose to play as a character from one of three separate races: Norman, Ellr and Dimago.
    » A battle system which promises to focus on team work. It will be designed so that several people killing one powerful monster will be more beneficial than a single person killing several weaker monsters.
    » A "safe trade system" which works two ways: it can be set up so that either an item can be given directly to someone, or so that both sides must input an item or zeny.
    » The game uses the Unreal Engine, a gaming engine used in modern game design.
    » There will be two systems of character movement: the first will be like in the first RO in which you clicked the terrain to move your character. This time, however, the AI is designed so if you click around a corner, your character will move around the corner instead of running straight into the wall. The second system of movement is simply using the keyboard.
    » Your characters can both jump and swim.
    http://ragnarok-tale.net/?moo=overview

I'm liking that 'walk around corners idea'... XD I always thought that was a flaw with the old RO.
    I'm currently reading about the job system, I'll post more later. ^_^; Course you can easilly look any info you want up on the site I posted... but at least it gives me something fun to post here. lol
    http://ragnarok-tale.net/?moo=jobsystem

Edit:
    I found some interesting vids!
    Male emotes vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHFlDxLgN5I
    Female emotes vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hLsl8SfbM
    ^the music in this one reminds me of .hack!!!

XD those dances are awesome!
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 01-24-2007 at 08:33 AM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I will definitely be playing this when private servers start popping up :p. The music is also pretty nice.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I will definitely be playing this when private servers start popping up . The music is also pretty nice.

Meh... they'll probably have a free beta period for a little while... that will give us a chance to see if its good enough.

But even though I used to play RO on a private server... I'll play RO 2 Pay2Play if its good.

Besides... most private servers for games... SUCK for a very very long time... only a few years after the game comes out... do any half way decent private servers manage to get out there.

On the other hand, RO had it's server code leaked... which gave the private server community something to base their code on... and a few smart individuals came up with Athena which is used now by most private RO servers.

Obviously gravity wont let RO2 leak... even so, you never know how similar the server code could be to the old RO.

aaanywho... regardless, don't count on decent private servers for a WHILE after the game has been out...

I think it looks pretty cool, but it does remind me a bit too much of FlyFF and R.O.S.E. Which in the end really just sucked.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

So far its reminding me (in terms of gameplay-ish types)

of R.O.S.E and Final Fantasy XI.

There's only one problem with that... Final Fantasy XI has a totally different art direction than any of the Korean MMORPG's. So I don't know where you get that idea?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I await the day that the source code gets leaked.

I just watched a few RO2-related videos online. With respect to graphics, music, and the system, I have one thing to say.

SQUEEEEEE!!!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    There's only one problem with that... Final Fantasy XI has a totally different art direction than any of the Korean MMORPG's. So I don't know where you get that idea?
    does art have to do with gameplay o.o?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Oh, didn't see that bit, sure you didn't edit it in? Either way it still sticks, gameplay doesn't look anything like it. (Apart from the fact that all MMO's have a similar system)

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Oh, didn't see that bit, sure you didn't edit it in? Either way it still sticks, gameplay doesn't look anything like it. (Apart from the fact that all MMO's have a similar system)
    I mean with the party play. it says instead of Fighting Multiple Small Monsters.

you will get a more party orientated experience, and fight 1-2 stronger monsters... (edit) I don't know if it continued and said for Optimal EXP... But I am guessing it is... or ... wouldnt you go and kill all the little monsters ?

edit*^

Hasn't RO always been like that? XD its been a while since I played... but didn't you get more EXP from partying than from solo? O_o or am I just thinking of another game? XD

FFXIV Character

hopefully the game will have enough new players coming and keep the ability to party available.

in the early states of RO it was simple to get a party because everyone was new.

then it became harder because everyone had already leveled

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The game will be 50% bots in a month. I also agree it does not look at good as the original.